Broncos Vs. Storm *SPOILER*

Take the two - was never an option, would have been 2 left on the clock even after they wasted an age.

Sims. Man oh man. If he holds it we win.

Those cheap pricks just don't deserve it.

Go Manly, go Warriors, go Cronlla.

How cut was Locky at the end.

I don't think we need to hammer SIMS he has to live with that dropped ball. He did basically lose the game there for us but we had numerous opportunities to score and blew them all. IMO we should have been 10 points up at that point in the game. 2008 is over now lets look to the future!

That was also Thaiday's best game of the season.

Boyd was average and Hunt has had better.

Sims dropped ball just stands out more. Ennis dropped the ball on the 2nd after we had just taken the tap to try and burn some time or score or get a restart. The fact is we dropped the ball all night and the chance were it was going to hurt us at some point.
All those talking about the culture of the club should also realise the club does not have a culture of blame.

Dexter said:
Sims dropped ball just stands out more. Ennis dropped the ball on the 2nd after we had just taken the tap to try and burn some time or score or get a restart. The fact is we dropped the ball all night and the chance were it was going to hurt us at some point.
All those talking about the culture of the club should also realise the club does not have a culture of blame.

True. Look at it this way; we were lucky to be in front at that stage in the game. The Inglis offisde call and the amount of ball we dropped in the first half - I cannot believe we were lucky enough to be 12-0 up at half time - we didn't deserve to be in a winning position.

That said, it sucks to lose to a team of wankers. So cheap, **** I want to see Hoffman in tears again.

Go Manly, Warriors and Cronulla. Free Greg Bird

I think the saddest thing about last night's loss is there is no chance for redemption. Sure we might meat Melbourne next year in a final but it would be minus Bennett and those host of players. It just wouldn't be the same. I still can't believe how close we were. It would have been the club's finest victory and its finest hour. Even though it still hurts this morning the players should hold their heads up high. It was the week from hell and they stood up for the jersey last night. We can't ask for anything else.

Steve said:
I think the saddest thing about last night's loss is there is no chance for redemption. Sure we might meat Melbourne next year in a final but it would be minus Bennett and those host of players. It just wouldn't be the same. I still can't believe how close we were. It would have been the club's finest victory and its finest hour. Even though it still hurts this morning the players should hold their heads up high. It was the week from hell and they stood up for the jersey last night. We can't ask for anything else.

Yeah after this weeks bullshit I can't be any prouder of the boys and the club. For whatever reason, I thought I might think less of the team or not be as emoional as I usually am. Definately not the truth - that really hurt and I rode the rollercoaster with everyone else.

Sad to see WB and Tunza leaving and the players' emotion. Oh well - we have to move on and as one of my mates said, you have to put it in perspective, there are sporting clubs/franchises the world over that have seen half the opportunities and the success that we have under WB; a game like tonight would be a once in a 20 year occasion for some teams.

F*** I'm hurting this morning!!!

No-one deserves what we went through last night. I nearly cried after the game, went to bed pretty much soon after it and shed a tear. Skipped dinner because I just couldn't eat & I was hungry too... starving now.

It's going to take awhile to get over, I'll remember this feeling for many years to come. Not watching any footy shows or read the papers... I just can't deal with it today. Just as well I have things to do.

I just hope when I'm out and about I don't see a Melbourne Jersey.

Hitman said:

No-one deserves what we went through last night. I nearly cried after the game, went to bed pretty much soon after it and shed a tear. Skipped dinner because I just couldn't eat & I was hungry too... starving now.

It's going to take awhile to get over, I'll remember this feeling for many years to come. Not watching any footy shows or read the papers... I just can't deal with it today. Just as well I have things to do.

I wiped my arse with my mates Storm jersey this morning I feel so much better!! I also will not be watching any footy shows the last thing I need is to see replays of poor old Sims drop that ball again.

Hitman said:

Go eat. icon_smile Make you feel better. Just don't read any footy blogs in the papers [icon_thumbs_do
Nor the headlines of MORE Bronco muck raking which has appeared today

Oh bugger. It's true. I was hoping to wake up this morning and it all be a bad dream. If only Ashton had held that ball......

maestrO said:
Eating, avoiding ALL footy related shows, articles, websites etc. I also refuse to watch the News.

So what are you doing here einstein [icon_evillaugh

some emotions that have hit me since we lost last nights game in the final minute:

HEARTBREAK

DEVESTAION

DISTRAUGHT

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I've never felt this devastated in my whole life! Feels like we've just lost a grand final.

Proud of the fellas, they showed up.We had our chances, never took them and unfortunately Ashton will be remembered for dropping the ball.

More than 2002 this is the one that got away.

pennywisealfie said:
craig88 said:
their was less than 80 seconds to go. All they had to do was hold onto the ball and defend down the other end of the field for 3-4 tackles. But no, Sims dropped it (AT A CRUCIAL TIME) and only 25/30 metres out from the broncos own line. Blaming it on him is entirely fair, he is paid how much money to play this game? he made the error, it is his fault we lost the game. If he didn't drop that ball, Brisbane win.

if lockyer catches that pass from hodges, Brisbane win.

If the broncos could went to catch the ball instead of milling around the in goal area for slaters try, Brisbane win.

If moon could defend, Brisbane win.

cant be blamed solely on sims, as much as im sure u would like to have a scapegoat.

All true, but he has to carry the can, becuase all he had to do WAS USE HIS BRAIN! They were always going to play at the ball, if you can bear the agony, watch the replay and look how the idiot runs with the ball....

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • lynx000
  • Financeguy
  • Socnorb
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • KnToad
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fitzy
  • sooticus
  • Ondi
  • theshed
  • ChewThePhatt
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Sproj
  • Ras
  • Culhwch
  • GCBRONCO
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.