Broncos Vs. Storm *SPOILER*

The Rock said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
One good thing to come from the loss, i never have to watch ennis in a broncos jersey again. far out, he makes me cringe he such a little baby, the way he pushes crocker and then runs behind his forwards.

Get over it. Ennis would have been close to MOTM last night if we won.

He really got under their skin and put them off their game last night. What a champion player.

lol, if he was in any other jersey you would hate him. hes just a dirty grub. i wish crocker got a better shot at him.

Usually I don't like his cry baby diving tactics, but against the Storm? Hell yes I love it.

Close to best moment of the match when he put the niggle into Slater and he reacted like a baby.

This is probably the least devastated I've been at a losing end to our season - in terms of the actual game. If the whole rest of the week hadn't been like it was I would probably be as depressed, angry, wanting to kill Smith/Bellamy etc as you all are. Fact is I'm probably in a worse place, for the first time I had second thoughts about supporting this club that had nothing to do with the on-field performance and watched the biggest game of the year quite detatched and impassive. You can isolate yourself and blame the media, excuse the 3 idiots, and justify the club's poor management all you like, but unfortunately the public image of the club has taken one hell of a hammering. You only had to watch Offsiders (ABC) this morning to realise that. Number 1 problem in the club, in football, and society, is ALCOHOL. People do incredibly stupid things when they have too much of it. You'll probably all call me not a true supporter, un-Australian, all that BS etc etc but fact is I'm as entitled to an opinion as anyone else. Now Bennett is gone which makes it that much harder to come back from here, both on and off the field.

It's like a part of my life is missing. Where is the Brisbane Broncos club I have supported proudly for 21 years? It's like it's not there. I know it still exists, but it's so different, in such a tragic way, now. Oh bugger! Bring on the cricket season!

The Rock said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
[quote="The Rock":335sgbt8]
QUEENSLANDER said:
One good thing to come from the loss, i never have to watch ennis in a broncos jersey again. far out, he makes me cringe he such a little baby, the way he pushes crocker and then runs behind his forwards.

He really got under their skin and put them off their game last night. What a champion player.

lol, if he was in any other jersey you would hate him. hes just a dirty grub. i wish crocker got a better shot at him.

Crocker is an over-rated wanker.

Go and put your Storm jersey on why don't you.[/quote:335sgbt8]

Didnt crocker get MOTM?

P.S. how we can let Hannant, Ennis and Kemp go just as they are hitting their prime is nothing short of criminal. That will be the reason we'll struggle next season. Just like the reason we weren't good enough this year was the absence of Petero, Tate, Thorn, Berro...

Good swinging arm by crocker on kemp.

Also good third man in hit on bystanding bronco.

The Rock said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
[quote="The Rock":jscz24kq]
QUEENSLANDER said:
[quote="The Rock":jscz24kq]
QUEENSLANDER said:

Go and put your Storm jersey on why don't you.

Didnt crocker get MOTM?[/quote:jscz24kq]

He was the best out of a bad bunch.

Admit it, the Storm last night were CRAP, including Crocker.[/quote:jscz24kq]

I agree, storm were crap, but they stil won mate, which is scary. I thought crocker played a good game tho, tough as nail, always on the spot. he does the things other players arent willing to do

I would say Petrep, Tate, Thorn and Berro being gone was what helped us more than anything. Wern't good enough? We were about 1 minute from beating the Storm, if we had done that, we would have no doubt got into the GF.

its kind of like they are just doing wat they have to til the final

Nashy said:
I would say Petrep, Tate, Thorn and Berro being gone was what helped us more than anything. Wern't good enough? We were about 1 minute from beating the Storm, if we had done that, we would have no doubt got into the GF.

Too much dropped ball to win, despite the fact the Storm played utter crap. OK you might say only 1 dropped ball too many but I reckon they all contributed. I always had a feeling that Locky's drop with the line wide open early in the 2nd half would come back to bite us on the bum. That just compounded when we dropped it again and again and were held up over the line.

We were no good things to beat any of those other teams on that form.

Bennett on the radio right now: "We beat ourselves". Nuff said [icon_thumbs_do

QUEENSLANDER said:
its kind of like they are just doing wat they have to til the final

See I don't look at them playing like that. I see the Broncos (well not now) playing to just beat a team, not putting in too much, making sure they don't burn out.

Melbourne have never played like that, I think it's just cracks in the team. They are heading for a choke.

The Rock said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

Ennis could not be further from a 'champion' player. I'm so glad we've seen the last of him in a broncos jersey.

ronnyd said:
The Rock said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

Ennis could not be further from a 'champion' player. I'm so glad we've seen the last of him in a broncos jersey.

You might want him back when we don't have a proper number 9 next year, like we haven't had since Luke Priddis left (apart from Ennis). Another criminal let-go.

The Rock said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
[quote="The Rock":3gg15uet]
QUEENSLANDER said:

Go and put your Storm jersey on why don't you.[/quote:3gg15uet]

As opposed to Ennis who is just a normal wanker.

If the Storm win I wouldn't be mad, they are a really good football team who alwasy push the boundaries. Good on them, it was a hell tough game and it proves you have to play for 80minutes in this league if you want to win.

ps. How funny was it watching all those Broncos players cry after the game, what a bunch of sooks! That is just for those of you who found it funny when Hoffman cried after the gf. When the boot is on the other foot, it sucks.

Je$ter said:
[quote="The Rock":1480y9l9]
QUEENSLANDER said:
[quote="The Rock":1480y9l9]
QUEENSLANDER said:

Go and put your Storm jersey on why don't you.[/quote:1480y9l9]

As opposed to Ennis who is just a normal wanker.

If the Storm win I wouldn't be mad, they are a really good football team who alwasy push the boundaries. Good on them, it was a hell tough game and it proves you have to play for 80minutes in this league if you want to win.

ps. How funny was it watching all those Broncos players cry after the game, what a bunch of sooks! That is just for those of you who found it funny when Hoffman cried after the gf. When the boot is on the other foot, it sucks.[/quote:1480y9l9]

[icon_lol1. [eusa_clap.gi

The Rock said:
Jester, there was 1 minute to go, the Storm would have struggled to get 2-3 hit ups by the time the scrum would have been packed etc. He pretty much lost the game for us.

What about the players who missed tackles/allowed offloads in the hitup before the final try that allowed the Storm to have the numbers on the far side?

What about the players who didn't challenge for the ball when Slater scored his try?

What about Moon missing a tackle on Folau in the lead up to the Crocker try?

Jester is right - in a game like that you cannot single out one person in particular to blame.

I am so devastated this morning. I was ok last night because I had prepared myself for a loss, and I was drinking.

But this morning it just hit home, soooo close :(

I was disappointed with Hodges last night, not that he's to blame, but I thought he didnt bring much at all, he's had better, just a few really silly errors. Moon also struggled too. Arrgh if only...

Also it makes me even sadder to realise we're losing Kemp next year.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • barker
  • davidp
  • Lurker
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • johnny plath
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fozz
  • levikaden
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.