Broncos Vs. Storm *SPOILER*

Not exactly sure anyone would have been able to hold teh ball, the second storm player in wasn't going for the tackle, soley to knock the ball out - two hands i guess.

Still dunno why we just didn't drop punt the **** out of the ball to the other end of the field, no one was down there.

forward_pass said:
Not exactly sure anyone would have been able to hold teh ball, the second storm player in wasn't going for the tackle, soley to knock the ball out - two hands i guess.

Still dunno why we just didn't drop punt the **** out of the ball to the other end of the field, no one was down there.

Just bear hug the damn thing!

If a 3rd player has to rake it out, we'd have got a penalty, even better.

People blaming Ashton Sims are absolutley ridiculous. You can never pinpoint a result on a game of rugby league to one incident. It's a number of thigns that attribute to the loss.

Frankly Broncos did so well to keep the Storm out for so long. If we were on the other side of the draw we would have beaten Manly by 30 points.

ps. Every team wrestles and grapples. I saw a number of Bronco tackles that could easily have been penalised, so =people need to get over it. However, I think Cam Smith will miss at least a week, I only saw a couple slow-mo replays of the tackle and it didn't look too good, but I'd be intereested to see it in normal time.

pps. Wayne Bennett, you are the Broncos!

I still don't think he deserves a public bagging, or that you can blame that one incident. He's probalby on suicide watch right now.

Maybe we should blame the right hand side defense for getting so outnumbered?

Of course the right hand defence would be outnumbered when they counter-attack from a dropped ball on the 20 m line.

He gets paid to hold onto the ball. Inexcusable in that kind of game with a minute left.

There were several things that didn't win us the game.

Lockyer losing the ball, IMO he would have scored.
Held up twice.
Sims knocking on.
Stupid play the balls.
Not taking those 2 points. (We would have used up more time taking the kick.)

IMO: Cameron Smith should have been sent off.

^ all of the above.

Shit Im gutted. I think its made worse by the fact that we had them beat. We had Melbourne, MELBOURNE! out of the comp once and for all...and they steal it away from us.

It'd be nice to see Craig Bellamy punched in the face.

What a cockhead, swearing and yelling and jumping and shit. I mean, stand and support like Wayne when you get a try, but god he's a class a fuckwit.

OMG that was so painful [icon_frown

I actually really enjoyed the game last night (apart from the end...) but losing like that just broke my heart in two. I've gotta give it to the Brisbane crowd - atmosphere was great and very vocal. The last try happened just near where I was sitting and it was just so so devestating. Trying to explain to the kids that we had just lost was hard.

I still just CANNOT believe we lost that game. I was so nervous in the second half - could hardly breathe sometimes. We had that - it was ours. Can't believe we're not playing next week. Had we won, it would have been the best game I have ever been to.

FAAARRCCCKKK. I cant believe it. We had the match the whole time!!!!!!!!

I'm not blaming it on Sims or anyone but if they actually caught the ball and not just looked at it for Billys try we would have won [eusa_doh

I went to bed straight away without dinner and cried for the next 1-2 hours. :cry:

I refuse to watch the news, read the paper and anything about league for the next week at least. :shock:

Agree Rock, also agree on Hodges. He was ordinary last night. I thought he had a couple of chances to put his winger away with an early ball, he just doesn't look until he has to.

Then his play the ball efforts 1 especially when we had them on the rack and he put it into the fence FFS.

Also he should have rushed up to shut down that last play like Locky did and forced the long ball which would've given us a chance to slide out.

The CM's front page today is absolutely horrible.

Was at a party last night, recorded it on IQ. When I got the news it actually ruined my night, I got home at 1 and couldn't bring myself to watch the game. I deleted it.

If we'd taken the 2 they could have gone the short kick off. I'm pretty sure also if Smith's kick mattered he would have tried a bit harder.

Shouldn't have gone for the 2 IMO. It's too easy to say we should have in hindsight. We just got unlucky on that 1-on-1 strip of Smith's. Which by the way, should have been a knock on.

Webcke said:
Was at a party last night, recorded it on IQ. When I got the news it actually ruined my night, I got home at 1 and couldn't bring myself to watch the game. I deleted it.

Exactly the same as me, I tried so hard not to hear the result before I got home but it was blurted out by someone. It ruined my night too. Shattering. :cry: :cry:
And as heartbreaking as others have said watching the game was, it sucks to hear the result without seeing the whole game from the start.
It's hard to believe 2008 is over for us. :cry:

See I'm the opposite of you guys.. I ditched a party to watch the game.

Lose / lose unfortunately. [eusa_doh

Storm's dirty shit not as prevalent in the first half. Result: 0-12 Broncos.

Half time break. Bellamy gives them a spray.

Second half: headlocks, bending arms backwards, twisting bodies backwards, lifting up and twisting legs in the tackle. Result: 16-14 Storm.

One good thing to come from the loss, i never have to watch ennis in a broncos jersey again. far out, he makes me cringe he such a little baby, the way he pushes crocker and then runs behind his forwards.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Bish
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • Bronx48
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • jd87
  • Strop
  • kiwi2
  • Waynesaurus
  • lynx000
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Midean
  • Lazza
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • bb_gun
  • Galah
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.