Broncos vs Tigers - live scores here

B

burgerking

Mar 16, 2008
Well done lads

Biggest question i have about the game is, What the hell was Mr Bean thinking wearing black underwear under white shorts? Not acceptible, just not acceptible at all ( yes im a super nanny fan)

Mr Bean you shall be denied service at all burgerking establishments until such time your fashion sense is in check.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Dug deep tonight great effort! Tigers had their chances but we really dug deep despite looking second best for more of the night. Won on Tigers with the start which is a double win for me!!! Our culture is 2nd to none I can think of only a few times we have been toweled back to back the guys at this club just refuse to drag the club colours through the mud.

A

abdogg

U18 Player
Mar 5, 2008
Excellent game by the boys. I was especially impressed with manihera(sp). He didn't get much praise from the commentators but i thought he was one of our best out there.

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Could we have made that win anymore ugly???

What was Ennis thinking with a mousetrap, after we have scraped a 1 point lead with 8 to go?? [icon_shru

Ennis...I know many rate him, but seriously, I think I'm glad he's going. If we can get a half decent hooker (or Marsh decides to earn his coin), I won't be sorry to see Ennis go.

Hunt should have been MoM. I'm not so sure he's being groomed for lock, in fact, I reckon we may see him at 5/8th in 2010. He has really exploded in his passing game and must be training on kicking alot. It is really starting to show, he seems to be able to control his high balls better. The kid is a natural born leader, can someone with "sources" tell me why he isn't in line for skipper? [icon_shru Without a doubt, he is the on field captain when Locky isn't there. K wasn't very impressed with Ennis' mousetrap and let him know [icon_lol1. Apart from Wallace (or the halfback position) Hunt is more important to the Broncos than any other player. Once Locky retires (god forbid), Hunt will be our leader and [icon_pray. 6 [icon_pray. . I'm not saying he's perfect, I'm just saying, with time and training and his ability to be a running, heavy tackling 5/8th, he can really own the position.

Hunt for 6 in '10!! Hey Stu, you like his fieldgoal? [icon_shru

Why did Kemp bat that ball out just before halftime, when he could have just collected it, and at worst gone out???? All in all, we should have won by 20, but made stupid errors all game.

Ugly, ugly win. 2 points is 2 points icon_thumbs_u

Jeza23

Jeza23

NRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
Clintos said:
Who's fault is that though Jeza? Poor option. Lucky to get through it. Happy we did though.

I would say Ennis, Hunt and Moon for poor organisation, also Manihera had a lot to do with it by taking up hit up out of dummy half on the last!

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Agree, I didn't see him last week but very impressed with his effort tonight. At last we have a wing who can come in and make some ground the hard way.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Hammo said:
Hunt should have been MoM. I'm not so sure he's being groomed for lock, in fact, I reckon we may see him at 5/8th in 2010. He has really exploded in his passing game and must be training on kicking alot.
Hunt for 6 in '10!!

I've always wanted to see Hunt at 5/8th, and I think he is a natural 5/8th (yet one who maybe has forgotten a bit on how to properly play there) but nowdays I think he offers too much at fullback for us to move him from there.

I definitely don't see why people would want to move him to Lock though. He is best at using his running and passing game on the edges of the field and bringing the ball back from kicks and also taking hit-ups down the middle. It would be too much work for a Lock, who also has to tackle quite a bit during the game.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Hammo said:
Could we have made that win anymore ugly???

What was Ennis thinking with a mousetrap, after we have scraped a 1 point lead with 8 to go?? [icon_shru

Ennis...I know many rate him, but seriously, I think I'm glad he's going. If we can get a half decent hooker (or Marsh decides to earn his coin), I won't be sorry to see Ennis go.

Hunt should have been MoM. I'm not so sure he's being groomed for lock, in fact, I reckon we may see him at 5/8th in 2010. He has really exploded in his passing game and must be training on kicking alot. It is really starting to show, he seems to be able to control his high balls better. The kid is a natural born leader, can someone with "sources" tell me why he isn't in line for skipper? [icon_shru Without a doubt, he is the on field captain when Locky isn't there. K wasn't very impressed with Ennis' mousetrap and let him know [icon_lol1. Apart from Wallace (or the halfback position) Hunt is more important to the Broncos than any other player. Once Locky retires (god forbid), Hunt will be our leader and [icon_pray. 6 [icon_pray. . I'm not saying he's perfect, I'm just saying, with time and training and his ability to be a running, heavy tackling 5/8th, he can really own the position.

Hunt for 6 in '10!! Hey Stu, you like his fieldgoal? [icon_shru

Only if someone teaches him how to tackle. Cue Frank [icon_evillaugh [icon_evillaugh

A

abdogg

U18 Player
Mar 5, 2008
is there a reason everyone wants hunt to change position. He's the best fullback in the game, if things stay that way next year then just leave him there.

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Alec said:
Hammo said:
Hunt should have been MoM. I'm not so sure he's being groomed for lock, in fact, I reckon we may see him at 5/8th in 2010. He has really exploded in his passing game and must be training on kicking alot.
Hunt for 6 in '10!!

I've always wanted to see Hunt at 5/8th, and I think he is a natural 5/8th (yet one who maybe has forgotten a bit on how to properly play there) but nowdays I think he offers too much at fullback for us to move him from there.

I definitely don't see why people would want to move him to Lock though. He is best at using his running game on the edges of the field.

I don't think he has a "running" game as such, in open ground he's not as spectacular as he was when he was younger (and quicker). But he does have a magic step, which would be far, far more effective if it wasn't against a wall of chasers. his passing game has improved 10 fold and the man can kick now.

The posters with their BBQ, tomato and sweet chilli will have their opinions, however I reckon Bennett, Ivan and Locky are grooming him for 5/8th, not lock. He's too small for a backrower, he has too much ball playing ability to be a backrower. Imagine that step agaimnst tired pigs in the middle of the ruck!

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
abdogg said:
is there a reason everyone wants hunt to change position. He's the best fullback in the game, if things stay that way next year then just leave him there.

In defence he's the best fullback in the game. In attack he's in the top 3 on any given Sunday.

Tonight, he was the leader.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
i think Moon could eventually be permanent lock for the Broncos with Hunt moving to 5/8 once Locky goes and someone like Hoffman the fullback.

B

bianc

QCup Player
Jun 15, 2008
Bennett always did say Hunt would be 5/8 one day in the future did he not.
Worst ref performance all year.On both sides.Mr Bean and his black undies should be dropped.
Ugly win but a win and 2pts.I do like Kenny and Sammy never stops giving his all.The boys always seem to keep trying for the colors.Shame Ennis is such a dick cos he is a great player.
Now I hope people stop calling for Bennett to play Taylor.He is lazy and unfit.

Hitman

Hitman

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
bianc said:
Now I hope people stop calling for Bennett to play Taylor.He is lazy and unfit.
Yeah, I had a good giggle when he went to the bench. Could've sworn some of the people sitting near him were taking the piss out of him... hence him laughing.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Hammo said:
Alec said:
Hammo said:
Hunt for 6 in '10!!

I definitely don't see why people would want to move him to Lock though. He is best at using his running game on the edges of the field.

I don't think he has a "running" game as such, in open ground he's not as spectacular as he was when he was younger (and quicker). But he does have a magic step, which would be far, far more effective if it wasn't against a wall of chasers. his passing game has improved 10 fold and the man can kick now.

The posters with their BBQ, tomato and sweet chilli will have their opinions, however I reckon Bennett, Ivan and Locky are grooming him for 5/8th, not lock. He's too small for a backrower, he has too much ball playing ability to be a backrower. Imagine that step agaimnst tired pigs in the middle of the ruck!

I kinda agree, but I don't what you mean by "when he was younger" - he is still only 21. [icon_razz1 He was never that fast anyway, but you don't really have to be if you are a 5/8th.

I also think his footwork is brilliant for becoming a 5/8th. It's perfect for toying around with the defence, looking for an opportunity to pass or kick a ball to your outside backs.

R

renouf

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
If you were as big as Taylor I think you'd find it hard to get fit. Give the bloke a break

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
I am as big as Taylor, and I do find it hard to get fit. Haha

R

renouf

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, well I'm not as big as Taylor but its taken me 2 years to get fit

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Cavalo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.