Broncos vs Tigers - live scores here

R

rod78

NYC Player
Jun 3, 2008
no fullback in the game creates as much as k does he might not cross the line as much, but set up heaps more than any other

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
renouf said:
If you were as big as Taylor I think you'd find it hard to get fit. Give the bloke a break

Taylor is just a stain on evoryones keyboards. A few good performances, a bigger contract and a bigger head

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2008
caught the last 10 minutes on the drive home after watching Kung Fu Panda and wondered if they could find any more ways to try and lose a game, yeah they won, but against any of the top sides in the same situation we would have lost for sure.

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
I came home from Kung Fu Panda too to watch the footy. Where'd you see it?

R

rod78

NYC Player
Jun 3, 2008
anyone else think TC been a little slow lately and less aggressive

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Sims and Taylor are wastes of oxygen at the moment. Carroll well below his best too. Pretty poor performance tonight, broncos better get their act together soon or they're stuffed.

Jeza23

Jeza23

NRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
Coxy said:
Sims and Taylor are wastes of oxygen at the moment. Carroll well below his best too. Pretty poor performance tonight, broncos better get their act together soon or they're stuffed.

Sims was horrible, Taylor didnt get a great deal of game time thus was ineffective and the last 2 weeks TC has just been a tackle bag, which hasnt left a great deal left in his attacking tank. I think he really misses running off the crisp passing games of Locky and Wallace.

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Ugly win but we needed it.

There's also no point having PJ on the field if he's not at dummy half. He barely touches the ball.

R

rod78

NYC Player
Jun 3, 2008

S

Spec

May 30, 2008
Did Head get taken off with about 10mins to go? Pretty stupid if that was the case by Sheens

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
2 points is 2 points. That can be pretty much all anyone can say about that performance IMO.

Oh, pretty decent from the likes of Emmett, Thaiday and Marsh too. A win is a win, and considering we're missing Locky, Wally and Hodges... I still think we're doing okay.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
rod78 said:

I totally agree.. He has been well below his best all season. Hopefully he finds form at the right end of the season.

How good is Hunt going at the moment he is in stellar form. I think we did well to get the win considering we had no halfback at all. We need to work on our 5th tackle options and kicking game.

One thing that shits me about the Broncos is the fact we always let in soft tries... every second try seems to be way to easy yet we have to work our arse off for our tries.

Our defence has let us down the last month or so our attack will improve as we get our playmakers back!

Hard fought win we will take the points,

Ironbroncos

Ironbroncos

QCup Player
May 2, 2008
much needed win, but yeah plenty of shouting early at that game... Sims IS trying, BUT trying tooo hard and ends up mucking it up! TC rather lethargic to be honest, its like hes holding back..
and yep we aint using PJ to his potential. Forwards need to work on their timing too for hitups, they lumbered onto the ball with only a few good hard runs from Hannant and Thaiday, oh and Kenny too...good try

bring on Penrith, who have a forward pack that wont be pushed around like the tigers

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Hitman said:
Coxy, you got home quick... you were at the game yeah.

Posted that from the train on the away home! :P

Just got home.

Sims was utterly disgraceful. He got hooked after 20 minutes and never got back on the field, and rightly so.

Taylor didn't get much game time because, apart from his intercept, he did SFA.

However, huge kudos to Nick Kenny, Ben Hannant, Greg Eastwood and Sam Thaiday. They led the team from the front. In the backs, only really Karmichael Hunt stood up, and stood up he did. He was magnificent.

Matahari (yes, I spelt that deliberately wrong) was good. I like his footwork in attack and was solid with the kicks etc. Boyd was hot and cold.

Ennis...he defines hot and cold. He was brilliant at times and utterly awful and irritating at other times. A mouse trap? 20 metres out from your own line, with 8 minutes to go and a 1 point lead? And then not to even do it CLEANLY? No wonder K gave him both barrels.

Marsh was useless.
Moon had moments.
Stagg...*sigh* I like the guy but he offers nothing at the moment. Kudos to him for being the only one there at the death to try and tackle Hodgson on that first try, after woeful attempted tackles from Eastwood, Carroll and Hannant.
Kemp did well to get as close as he did to scoring that try in the first half.
Emmett was solid, and I think he did get the ball down to be honest, though it's hard to argue based on the footage.

Tigers...well they were pretty bloody crap and to get within a point, well that's why I'm not the least bit happy. Marshall was absolutely pathetic. Sure, he jinked and stepped and beat tacklers, but he had no idea what he was doing.

Hodgson is twice the man Marshall will ever be. Tragic he's leaving the NRL.

Anyway, based on that, and knowing we won't have Hunt, Thaiday, Hannant or Boyd next week...Panthers by 20.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
How good was that big Thaiday look-alike from the Tigers !! He is massive and can play footy too.

Jeza23

Jeza23

NRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
Beads6 said:
How good was that big Thaiday look-alike from the Tigers !! He is massive and can play footy too.

Very strong debut for Dane Laurie, he had a massive impact when he came on. I think he was close to their best forward tonight.

Unread

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Hurrijo
  • bb_gun
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.