Broncos vs Tigers - live scores here

B

brisbroncosboy

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
Poor quality game lucky to get away with that one, main problem i thought and have thought all season is we let teams get too many offloads away if we could stop this a bit would win most games, great performance by Hunt and Thaiday, Kenny also had a good game

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Agree. Total inability to stop the offload. I like the driving tackles, but someone wrap the ball up too!

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Beads6 said:
How good was that big Thaiday look-alike from the Tigers !! He is massive and can play footy too.

Thought he was honestly close to the best on the field, from both sides. If he ain't signed by the tiggers then we should make him an offer before chasing Te'o.

On the Broncos game tonight, what a difference having PJ at half made. Soon as he came on we had direction before that a rudderless ship..

A very impressive effort I thought tonight from the boys with Captain Sammy leading the way. Have also been impressed with the efforts of Beastwood and Kenny, Hannant showed some glimpses of his early season form, Ennis was a pest all night and as much as some may hate it I like the bit of niggle and mongrel he brings to us, he pestered Gibbs out of the game for mine.

In the backs at times I had no idea who was playing where, and the team probably didn't also. I love what Boyd and emmett bring to us out wide in defence, even if the attack is lacking. Hunt was great from the back chiming in directing play, Moon I don't know seems a bit of an enigma to me.. Finally I'd like to give big Kaine a wrap I thought he grew in confidence tonight and in time could be a permanent fixture for us. Only thing to work on is that at times turning he is a bit like the Queen Mary, huge and slow (ala Tame Topou)

Gutsy win, and boy did we need it.

Jeza23

Jeza23

NRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
Russo said:
Beads6 said:
How good was that big Thaiday look-alike from the Tigers !! He is massive and can play footy too.

Thought he was honestly close to the best on the field, from both sides. If he ain't signed by the tiggers then we should make him an offer before chasing Te'o.

On the Broncos game tonight, what a difference having PJ at half made. Soon as he came on we had direction before that a rudderless ship..

A very impressive effort I thought tonight from the boys with Captain Sammy leading the way. Have also been impressed with the efforts of Beastwood and Kenny, Hannant showed some glimpses of his early season form, Ennis was a pest all night and as much as some may hate it I like the bit of niggle and mongrel he brings to us, he pestered Gibbs out of the game for mine.

In the backs at times I had no idea who was playing where, and the team probably didn't also. I love what Boyd and emmett bring to us out wide in defence, even if the attack is lacking. Hunt was great from the back chiming in directing play, Moon I don't know seems a bit of an enigma to me.. Finally I'd like to give big Kaine a wrap I thought he grew in confidence tonight and in time could be a permanent fixture for us. Only thing to work on is that at times turning he is a bit like the Queen Mary, huge and slow (ala Tame Topou)

Gutsy win, and boy did we need it.

Unfortunately for us he signed a 2 year deal earlier in the week! He wasnt supposed to play first grade for another year or 2 at least. Looks like he will be in the team for a few games more this season seeing as they have a shortage of big men currently!

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
The only thing that worries me about Manihera is his decision making, but with time and experience i'm sure that will improve.

Just wondering though, is he quick? I think i've seen him in open space about once last week, can't really remember how quick he was. He just doesn't 'seem' quick to me. eusa_think

B

broncos85

BRL Player
May 1, 2008
I thought hannant was pretty terrible in the first half, and he did perform reasonably well in the 2nd half but theres no way he got us going forward, no where near his best!!

Sims absolutely hopeless, glad he got taken off!!

Moon is a terrible kicker, from the looks of it on TV the ball goes high but has absolutley no distance!! The broncos where giving the ball to Moon to kick on the 4th tackle, 35 out from there own line and he was kicking it 30 metres so frustrating!!

Hunt is amazing though we r so lucky to have him in the team, as someone said he may not cross the line as much as some other fullbacks but his all round game is world class!! Good Job K!!

2 points is 2 points but a really bad performance from the broncos!!

BroncoMatt

BroncoMatt

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:
The only thing that worries me about Manihera is his decision making, but with time and experience i'm sure that will improve.

Just wondering though, is he quick? I think i've seen him in open space about once last week, can't really remember how quick he was. He just doesn't 'seem' quick to me. eusa_think

He is very fast but takes 10 - 15 m to real hit full stride

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
broncos85 said:
I thought hannant was pretty terrible in the first half, and he did perform reasonably well in the 2nd half but theres no way he got us going forward, no where near his best!!

Maybe we are seeing the real Hannant?

I think he has huge potential, however since he signed south, he hasn't had a decent performance.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Hadn't performed well before he signed either. I think he's just a mercenary Hammo, which is a bit disappointing.

R

rod78

NYC Player
Jun 3, 2008
we need a enforncer in the pack a player that other players are scared of like tallis was

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
BroncoMatt said:
ningnangnong said:

He is very fast but takes 10 - 15 m to real hit full stride

Cheers Matt.

Glad to hear that.

He's pretty well built as well.

R

rod78

NYC Player
Jun 3, 2008
we didnt intimitate their pack at all and they didnt have any forwards continuation of my last post

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
broncos85 said:
Moon is a terrible kicker, from the looks of it on TV the ball goes high but has absolutley no distance!! The broncos where giving the ball to Moon to kick on the 4th tackle, 35 out from there own line and he was kicking it 30 metres so frustrating!!

Tonight was about the first game where Moon has been a go to kicker for us.

He has an absolutely massive boot on him.

I think the tactic early on was to kick on the third and try and nab a 40/20 with Moon's kicks.

If he can work on his accuracy, his kicking can be extremely dangerous IMO.

Jeza23

Jeza23

NRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
ningnangnong said:
broncos85 said:

Tonight was about the first game where Moon has been a go to kicker for us.

He has an absolutely massive boot on him.

I think the tactic early on was to kick on the third and try and nab a 40/20 with Moon's kicks.

If he can work on his accuracy, his kicking can be extremely dangerous IMO.

Correct, his boot is massive, he has the potential to kick it 60 or 70 metres on the fly. If he can also work on his bombs he could become really dangerous. He kicked a few 'rainmakers' against St George but no one put pressure on Brett Morris so they looked ineffective.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Eh nothing game that Broncos were lucky, very lucky, to win.

K showed his pad-wan skills to kick the field goal to get us home. Still he is never going to be Lockyer just like Locky is never going to be Wally.

Still, this is the first of many games which (I hope) K will guide us home. The guy is 21. That's at least 10 years!

B

Broncos08

NYC Player
Apr 24, 2008
I'm just thankful we got the 2 points last night, it was an ordinary performance by our forwards IMO.

I can't see what people see in Ennis tbh, he does some good stuff but then he has some brain explosions which could have cost us the match.

Ennis was lucky to not give away a penalty when he started his bs antics in the scrum when the Tigers were only 25 metres out from our try line . And what the hell was with that dumb mouse-trap play? I can't wait until he pisses off back to NSW.

Hannant was useless, in fact he has been useless all season, can't see what is so special about him aswell. The Bulldogs are giving him 350k a year LOL, not even worth 150k.

Sims what are you doing out there?

Stagg , never rated the guy, only thing he is good for is giving the opposition a quick play the ball. Never dominates a tackle, never offloads and he doen't even look like he is going to pass the ball. Don't bother re-signing him, he is just a waste of money.

Thank god we have some players in our team that knows wtf they are doing, Karmichael is dead set a bloody hero tbh. He was absolutely knackered before halftime, and he came out in the second half and played like he has been running the show for 10 years. Man of the match for mine.

Thaiday played well too, he kept on going all night long. Although he looks like he is just falling to the ground when tackled, I surely hope that it is just an illusion.

Emmett was strong in defence, he played pretty well.

Kenny played better in the second half, I thought he was just lumbering in the first half. But he is getting better each game.

Hopefully we can scrape in another win next week, we'll need to improve in some areas but I am confident that we can beat the Panthers without Civo in their team.

A

Andyman

BRL Player
Mar 7, 2008
Did everything to try to lose the game after we kicked the FG, but great to see the boys win.

WTF was Kemp thinking batting the ball over the sideline with 40 secs to go before halftime!!! cost us a try and almost the game. I am a big Kemp fan but that incident had me out of my chair shouting a few expletives at the telly.

Ennis - Arrrrgh!!!! What is the point of running to the line and chucking a short hospital pass to a forward who immediatley gets smashed???? He also seems to chuck a lot of borderline forward passes, even just in one out play.

K is a legend. I used to not rate him AT ALL. Now having him on the field is vital if we want to win games.

Penrith next week should be interesting,hopefully we can make a game of it. Rhys Wesser got ingured last night so hopefully he'll have the week off, plus Petero on rep duty....

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Well we tried our best to throw it away. It was ugly but we got up which we had to do to stay in touch with the top 8. I don't know - it's not a game you'd watch when you go back through the vault but that gritty win might prove to be our most important come season's end.

btw: Most impressed with Greg Eastwood. He played his big heart out last night and deserves to keep his spot now. Just remember to turn up to training on time son ;)

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • pennywisealfie
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.