Broncos vs Titans LIVE SCORES SPOILERS REVEALED

• Thread starter broncos_are_the_best
  • Start date
Beads6 said:
In Ennis the Menaces' defence when you get hit in the face you automatically grab it and also when he did stay down he should have got a penalty anyway. It looked bad but I would stay down in a heart beat to help my mates.

I laughed at Voss, when he started to go on about Ennis

And Daley said, if you're in a GF & you were behind by 1 point you would think about.

Voss said, would you do that Laurie.

He replied, I would.

[icon_lol1.

Score line flattered our boys tonight.Defence was woeful.Hodges was shocking as he usually is when Origin is looming so he can protect himself.
When he did fire the whole team did.

Sammy was great in defence.The rest went missing most of the night.
If the Tits were that good they should have beaten us by 20 or more.Tries scored off the same wing three times.Thanks Kemp you really havnt shown me anything.Stay on your wing boy!

Hope Hunt is okay.Looked as though he was ready for a good one.

Be good to get next years coach organized,the players sorted that are staying and the ones who aren't are signed with whoever and get on with playing the type of footy we all know the guys can play and have played this year.Patches of it tonight is all.

icon_thumbs_u Boyd hater turned Boyd lover this year.Please let us keep him.

Kaz said:
Beads6 said:
In Ennis the Menaces' defence when you get hit in the face you automatically grab it and also when he did stay down he should have got a penalty anyway. It looked bad but I would stay down in a heart beat to help my mates.

I laughed at Voss, when he started to go on about Ennis

And Daley said, if you're in a GF & you were behind by 1 point you would think about.

Voss said, would you do that Laurie.

He replied, I would.

[icon_lol1.

yeah i heard that too, he got hit high, he was entitled to a penalty end of story. :)

Beads6 said:

Its just a bad look when players stay down for the penalty. Plenty was said about Bird and Gallen diving and it shouldn't matter now because its a Bronco player staying down.

this game should never have been played at skilled and the only reason it was was channel 9, who didnt want the game on a sunday arvo at suncorp, Broncos would have had a longer turn around and a home crowd advantage, instead we ended up with a short turn around and yet another away game, 3 in a row now........ Our defence was rubbish and has been since the cowboys game, we sit back on our line and let the offence come to us as oposed to first 3 rds where our line speed was fast and enthusiastic........ Our attack was reckless at those few chances we got in the tits half...... dropped too much ball, either in our red zone or theirs when on attack, gave away too many penaltys and tits rarely had to work it out of their half........ Boyd should be outside Michaels not Hodges, they have a better understanding and was a rock in defence in the first 3 rds........... looked like a side with other things on their minds for the first 30mins and couldnt wrap the ball up yet again for the 3rd game in a row and showed our weakness defusing the high ball with our fringe defence very shaky and a defencive line that kept going backwards was just routine stuff for an experienced half like Prince, who looked able to score points from every set on our line....... Clinton is no front rower and Kenny was outstanding tonight and should be their at the expense of clinton, who i feel was only ever recruited to gain Wallaces signiture........ Ive been saying it for weeks but Boyd is a better player than Michaels and is a priority resigning along with Hannant who was quiet again and Stagg who was doing everything in defence....... Ennis milks penaltys big time, and its not part of the Broncos attitude........ looks like another long wait before we see a full strength side line up with Hunt & Parker looking pretty shaby......... Hodges also looks like he will be gone for 4weeks if Rogers penalty is any indication...... We are being competitive while not playing anywhere near our potential, if we can start a game from the whistle, get off our line quicker and fix up the fringe defence and gett back that enthusiasim from the first 3 rds we will win alot more than we loose...........

Out of curiosity, who get the Channel 9 MOTM?

Alec said:
Archer STEALS the game from the Broncos.

I'm sorry but that's absolute tripe - there is no doubt the best team won on the night. That being said, we did have chances ourselves, just shot ourselves in the foot with some schoolboy errors.

I thought it was a pretty courageous effort myself - especially when you consider what happened in the first 20 minutes and the injuries picked up during the game. I thought we'd struggle (in particular in the back end of the game) as the Titans had the extra 2 days rest, but if anything it was us that came home with a wet sail. We were just a bit flat to begin with and the Titans capitalised on that.

Wasn't overly impressed with Ennis' effort in seemingly lying down for the penalty (even though he was hit high he definately looked to the ref first to see if he had called it), and I'd be very surprised if Hodgo doesn't miss a week or 2 for that tackle on Harrison.

Going forward, I think we should be better off for that loss tonight we learn from some of the basic mistakes that were made. I've no doubt we'll bounce back and smash the Bunnies next week.

Probably our worst defensive effort of the year - gee the Titans bounced out of a lot of tackles. We played dumb in patches but I though the turning point was when we made that mistake in the first set of 6 after we scored our first try in the second half. Peterson went over for his 3rd and that negated the try we had just scored.

Have to say one of the most inept refereeing performances I have seen in a long time - Archer pinged us all night for lying in the ruck but Myers, Friend and Laffranchi can get away with it? Prince runs behind players all night but when 2 Titans blokes tackle Thaiday on suspicion right under their posts they get a penalty for obstruction - there was no advantage Archer you knob - same as every time Prince does it and someone gets tackled!!!!!

After the first 20 minutes I though we were in for a long night but have to give the Broncos credit for their fightback. That try from our own line was vintage Broncos - very appropriate in the heritage round. Gee Wallace is cool under pressure - he has a massive future, I just hope it is with us. Thaiday, Boyd and Ennis continued their great form - Ennis gives us real spark from dummy half and I don't think he took a dive or took anyone out illegally. Friend smacked him right across the face which is a penalty whether he stays down or not and Prince took a massive dive when all Ennis did was run in a straight line. I hate how Prince is all chummy with the referee - no-one likes a brown nose Scotty! Darius is a fullback, he looks totally at home at the back and we lose nothing when he is in that position for us - he has come along heaps this year and served up a massive slice of humble pie to those who criticised him endlessly last year - Well done Darius.

Bring on the Bunnies next week - hope we can get back into winning form.

I think it came down to discipline in the end. I can't recall the titans having to work hard to earn the right to attack the broncos line. They got several chances at it from simple handling errors or penalties. The titans on the other hand seemed to never drop the ball in trouble and didn't seem to give away too many penalties (although there were a few missed by Archer like Darius getting hit in the nose).

What was the go with the six tackle, seventy metre advantage? Pathetic officiating.

Like many others on here, I'm becoming a bigger Darius fan every week. He was everywhere tonight and was one of our best imo. I think overall it was a mixed performance but one that gives me confidence that we will be in the mix come the business end of the season.

Jazza said:
What was the go with the six tackle, seventy metre advantage? Pathetic officiating.
I agree, this was a joke. But having said that, we made far too many mistakes and then showed a bit of ticker to come within a bees of pulling it off. Bring on the bunnies.

Beachy said:
Alec said:
Archer STEALS the game from the Broncos.

I'm sorry but that's absolute tripe - there is no doubt the best team won on the night. That being said, we did have chances ourselves, just shot ourselves in the foot with some schoolboy errors.

I thought it was a pretty courageous effort myself - especially when you consider what happened in the first 20 minutes and the injuries picked up during the game. I thought we'd struggle (in particular in the back end of the game) as the Titans had the extra 2 days rest, but if anything it was us that came home with a wet sail. We were just a bit flat to begin with and the Titans capitalised on that.

Wasn't overly impressed with Ennis' effort in seemingly lying down for the penalty (even though he was hit high he definately looked to the ref first to see if he had called it), and I'd be very surprised if Hodgo doesn't miss a week or 2 for that tackle on Harrison.

Going forward, I think we should be better off for that loss tonight we learn from some of the basic mistakes that were made. I've no doubt we'll bounce back and smash the Bunnies next week.

If all of the calls had been correct we would have won the game IMO. They weren't correct. So the game was stolen, in the most literal of terms. :P

Clinton has to a fair bit more to earn a spot in the side IMO.

Gutsy effort from the boys, I'm proud of us and I think the Tits can count themselves lucky they didn't lose that one.

obviously, when the broncos were younger, they never asked their dads to go outside for a game of catch.

this week at training, they should just learn how to catch a ball.

archer was so shit **** him

i dont mind ennis diving this time, even tho i hated him for acting like a dick in that "chickenwing" incident. but if ur gonna feign injury after actually being a victim of foul play, thats fine imo.

i hate the gold coast so much, im gonna cop so much shit at work all week now. life sucks sometimes.

Just asks your work mates, how many premierships are the Gold Coast won.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Fitzy
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.