Broncos vs Titans LIVE SCORES SPOILERS REVEALED

• Thread starter broncos_are_the_best
  • Start date
I too would like to see Moon get a run in the centres if the opportunity comes up.

Alec said:
ningnangnong said:
Alec said:
Although I admit, he's a much better winger than centre. He would have defused all of those bombs tbh.

[icon_lol1.

You're joking right?

Later in the game on our fifth tackle, Wallace put up a kick, no one challenged and Michaels had a complete air swing at catching it, it went straight between his arms.

If he couldn't catch that one, how is he going to catch a much higher one which is contested?

No, I'm not joking.

Michaels is one of the best defensive wingers in the comp.

That's great although i still disagree with you.

He defended pretty well against Israel Folau last season ay? And yet, you say Michaels is better than Folau.

That scoreline flattered us. GC were comfortably the better team and should have won by 8-10. Some things to note:

- Ennis wtf is he doing out there? We kicked up a stink about Hayne taking a dive last year and twice in 2 weeks he's caught play acting. It leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Cut that shit out. Prince too - it's not a good look.

- Very annoyed with Hodgo's late driving tackle. He should cop weeks for acting like a dick. That's not leadership son.

- The first 20 minutes is what cost us the win. No posession, no defence and an inability to stem the momentum of the Titans - who themselves played bloody good football and should make the top 4.

Good trip down there last night. The fans rocked the place. Shook hands with some Goldy supporters afterwards and even got asked for a photo in the heritage strip. Every time we come up against each other the fans can feel the rivalry. I think Titans vs Broncos games are my favourite fixtures of the year. I hope we can pay them back in August.

mick! said:
Scotty said:
For the love of Christ, give Moon a proper shot at 5/8 or center at least. Kemp needs to stay on his wing, If he had done that last night I reckon there would be at least one less try in it.

I'm never a fan of blaming ANY winger for the sort of tries we were conceding last night. We were facing a 4 on 1 overlap on many occasions last night - a winger in that situation is damned no matter what he does. Coming in off his wing to try and wrap up the ball is what has to be done.

Disagree Mick.A winger is just that a bloody winger.Bennett has taught those guys to stay on your man.If they score against you then too bad.
Kemp was hopeless out there on the wing.Hunt got to Peterson before Kemp was even seen.
Titans used that wing and they sure did their homework well.

Titans are a good disiplined footy side who are playing for each other and look as though they are enjoying their footy.We are better than them though.Last night and last week we just did not look like we wanted to be there.Defence was woeful.Boring shocking game with a couple of exciting spurts from our guys.

If we wern't a better side than they were at 16-0 they would have wiped us off the park but just luckily every now and then Hodges showed a bit of fire so the rest followed.

Hopefully now with a new coach named the boys can sort their own lives for next year and get down to what they do best without all this distraction.

Also how can you say we miss PJ so very much.Yep he is great but gees it is only the 6th game and how many has he played?

Micheals is a great little player who got big wraps in the past weeks and getting dumped on this week.We need decent wingers.We have not had wingers at the Broncs who can contest a ball in I can't even remember how long.Loti and Sailor maybe.
Waste of time using the high ball cos there is not going to be a Bronco there who will jump to contest it.They are not even hungry enough for the ball in the past couple of weeks to attack the ball on the ground on a grubber kick.

We miss Locky bad.Wallace is great but he is not up to the standard as yet that many are making him out to be.He stood running around in circles on the Tits try line last night not knowing what the hell to do.Has a long way to go.He will I believe make it but gees I just can't believe all this 'so much like Langer' crap.Langer was born with a footy brain.You can't teach the things he did.

Rant/over

ningnangnong said:
Alec said:
ningnangnong said:
Alec said:
Although I admit, he's a much better winger than centre. He would have defused all of those bombs tbh.

[icon_lol1.

You're joking right?

Later in the game on our fifth tackle, Wallace put up a kick, no one challenged and Michaels had a complete air swing at catching it, it went straight between his arms.

If he couldn't catch that one, how is he going to catch a much higher one which is contested?

No, I'm not joking.

He defended pretty well against Israel Folau last season ay? And yet, you say Michaels is better than Folau.

Well done! You've managed to name 1 (one) instance where Michaels made a few mistakes on the wing. IIRC that was really the only time he screwed up last season - and he played every game.

If Folau ran at Folau, the defending Folau would have done a much worse job as well. I rate wingers mainly on their defense, which is why I rate Michaels a bit higher than Folau at this point in time...even though everyone will disagree.

Alec said:
ningnangnong said:
Alec said:
ningnangnong said:
Alec said:

[icon_lol1.

You're joking right?

No, I'm not joking.

Well done! You've managed to name 1 (one) instance where Michaels made a few mistakes on the wing. IIRC that was really the only time he screwed up last season - and he played every game.

If Folau ran at Folau, the defending Folau would have done a much worse job as well. I rate wingers mainly on their defense, which is why I rate Michaels a bit higher than Folau at this point in time...even though everyone will disagree.

I just think it is incredible that anyone who knows the rules of the game can think that michaels is better than folau.

gUt said:
[Boyd] has come along heaps this year and served up a massive slice of humble pie to those who criticised him endlessly last year

I am going to get fkn sick of hearing this sort of comment. Those who have criticised Boyd for 2 average seasons have every right to do so and were correct. I was one of them and I will continue to be if he fades back to nuffiness again. However, I am equally keen to give him praise for his consistancy so far this season. Just because he's playing well now doesn't mean we were wrong to point out his weaknesses when he was weak.

No you and the others weren't wrong to point out his weaknesses but to focus on them and ignore the skills which were developing which you are seeing now and continually sink the boot was IMO wrong.
Also those who continually moaned about Kemp being left out I am still waiting for this superman to do something.

rnabokov said:
Hunt has become the most BORING FB in the game. On the other hand, Boyd was just so good at the back.

And anyone - and there are lots of you, who knocks Michaels at centre - like you GCB - ought to pull your head in.

I have never actually knocked Michaels in the centres, in fact I have said I prefer him in the centres at present then I do out on the wing, I think his a good up and coming centre who unfortunately faces an uphill battle to retain his spot if the Broncos see Folau as a centre, it may even force him to leave because he doesn't want to play out on the wing, but thats his choice if he doesn't want to be apart of the team and I wish him well elsewhere(trust me I'll be disappointed if it comes down to this) if playing centre is more important to him, ultimately the club has to utilise its players in the most suitable position they believe to be, hell if they believe Folau is best utilised on the wing I won't have a problem with that really, I may prefer him in the centres but ultimately I believe they will make the right choice.

My thoughts. First half woeful. Broncos went back to boring bash and barge and paid the price. Amazing how unenthusiastic they were in defence.

Good fightback. Pity K got injured, I still dont understand moving Eastwood to the wing. I would've put Eastwood into the centres and Michaels to Boyd's wing.

Titans stuck to their game plan. Take Prince out they're stuffed. Their fans are obviously new to the game. Didn't even understand forward passes! Haha. Or that premierships aren't won in April.

Stadium? Well it is a budget, half sized Suncorp. Food and drink facilities are incapable of handling a full house. When they start losing it won't be an issue ;)

well i think we played pretty good without Marsh and Locky.

Those damn penalties we always give away early are killing us. We need more discipline in that department.

GCBRONCO said:
rnabokov said:
Hunt has become the most BORING FB in the game. On the other hand, Boyd was just so good at the back.

And anyone - and there are lots of you, who knocks Michaels at centre - like you GCB - ought to pull your head in.

I have never actually knocked Michaels in the centres, in fact I have said I prefer him in the centres at present then I do out on the wing, I think his a good up and coming centre who unfortunately faces an uphill battle to retain his spot if the Broncos see Folau as a centre, it may even force him to leave because he doesn't want to play out on the wing, but thats his choice if he doesn't want to be apart of the team and I wish him well elsewhere(trust me I'll be disappointed if it comes down to this) if playing centre is more important to him, ultimately the club has to utilise its players in the most suitable position they believe to be, hell if they believe Folau is best utilised on the wing I won't have a problem with that really, I may prefer him in the centres but ultimately I believe they will make the right choice.

I agree with you - up to a point.

The try Michaels set up for Boyd was sheer class - as some have said, it reminded one of Renouf. I reckon by season's end, Michaels is going to end up as one of the top centres in the game.

Sure - if the club is STUCK on Folau at centre, and given that Michaels is stuck on centre - Michaels will go. What a pity.

The prospect of Folau on the outside of Hodges, or even Michaels, is for me, mouthwatering.

As it stands, I actually do see Michaels leaving a the end of this season. What a shame.

Yeah - he missed 3 tackles, but Stagg missed 6 plus the dropped bal in-goal.

And BTW - Coxy's point on moving Eastwood to the wing was sheer bloody stupidity. I reckon it cost us the game.

rnabokov said:
The try Michaels set up for Boyd was sheer class - as some have said, it reminded one of Renouf. I reckon by season's end, Michaels is going to end up as one of the top centres in the game.

Sheer class?

All he did was out pace a second rower and then draw and pass.

Top centres in the game? [icon_lol1.

Michaels is a solid player, nothing more.

I didn't get to see all of the game.

Can someone tell me Parker didn't get injured?

I don't know whether to believe a filthy titans supporter (My dad [icon_lol1. ) or not!

| * kelsey * | said:
I didn't get to see all of the game.

Can someone tell me Parker didn't get injured?

I don't know whether to believe a filthy titans supporter (My dad [icon_lol1. ) or not!

I know he came off the field limping

ningnangnong said:
rnabokov said:

Sheer class?

He did more than that, he positioned himself, stepped and used sheer pace before drawing and passing - and it did remind me of one of Renouf's repetoires.

Geez, what do you want him to do (that Renouf didn't): backflips, somersaults, tap dancing?

What are you - Polish or something (like me) [icon_lol1. [icon_razz1

rnabokov said:
ningnangnong said:
rnabokov said:

Sheer class?

He did more than that, he positioned himself, stepped and used sheer pace before drawing and passing - and it did remind me of one of Renouf's repetoires.

Geez, what do you want him to do (that Renouf didn't): backflips, somersaults, tap dancing?

Damn bloody well straight well said!!! icon_thumbs_u We've seen Origin players this year fail to even draw a fullback and pass on plenty of occasions, but Michaels handled it superbly icon_thumbs_u

rnabokov said:

1/2 Polish i am. [icon_wink

How would Folau be mouth watering outside Hodges? He would never see the bloody football [icon_lol1.

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • LittleDavey
  • broncotville
  • phoenix
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Mister Wright
  • Dash
  • jd87
  • Manofoneway
  • Browny
  • mitch222
  • BroncosAlways
  • Morkel
  • theshed
  • Horseheadsup
  • Bucking Beads
  • winslow_wong
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.