Broncos vs Titans LIVE SCORES SPOILERS REVEALED

• Thread starter broncos_are_the_best
  • Start date
Good game despite the result. Really not sure why Clinton keeps getting a run on spot, nor why he's even selected in the 17 :x Maybe he's still carrying an injury, everytime he touched the ball you get the feeling he was going to drop it or conversely when defending, give away a penalty.

Wonder if 70 metre advantages are the new black.

Poor performance.

I am wondering why Bennett keeps leaving Taylor on the bench, it's running beyond a joke. He came on tonight and absolutely dominated, we could've done with that earlier on.

I thought Stagg was poor, why play him at 5/8, i really don't know. Who are we going to turn to if they mark Wallace out of the game? Stagg? You're having a laugh. He either plays in the forwards or he doesn't play.

Michaels was poor for the first 60 minutes as well.

Thaiday was our MOTM. Gave 100% all night long unlike most of the team.

Hodges was average by his standards, but at least he showed some passion and did well to set up Boyd for that try, and then back it up by batting the ball back off the line drop out.

Wallace played well, nothing outstanding, excellent kicking game.

I don't think Clinton was as bad as people are making him out to be.

Hannant and Sims were very quite, Carroll too.

Boyd was solid at the back, very assuring defensive performance.

Overall, we started very slowly, and didn't get into the game until around the 30th minute, from then on mistakes cost us the win. Archer's performance was woeful, but it was not the determining factor tonight.

[Boyd] has come along heaps this year and served up a massive slice of humble pie to those who criticised him endlessly last year

I am going to get fkn sick of hearing this sort of comment. Those who have criticised Boyd for 2 average seasons have every right to do so and were correct. I was one of them and I will continue to be if he fades back to nuffiness again. However, I am equally keen to give him praise for his consistancy so far this season. Just because he's playing well now doesn't mean we were wrong to point out his weaknesses when he was weak.

It was a good game, Titans deserved to win we just made crucial mistakes at the wrong time. Anyone else notice that we make lots of errors right after we score?

Archer was pathetic.

Our defense out wide is a concern. Waaaay too many tries conceded there.

Impressed with Wallaces kicking game. Can't wait till Folau gets on the end of his kicks.

Onto Ennis, he's the type of player you'd hate if he wasn't on your team. I like his enthusiasm but he treads a fine line at times and needs to get the niggly stuff out of his game much like Hodges did.

And yea i agree Taylor definitely needs more game time.

Glad to see everyone finally coming to the realisation of what Boyd actually offers to the side, and as I've said all along fullback is his best position and with Hunt out injured we will get to see that over the coming weeks.

I was really disappointed with Kemp's game tonight and also that of Michaels. Kemp was caught out of position for 2 tries and dare I say it but Robinson should be brought back next week. I think Kemp might turn into another Parfitt. Michaels I thought had a shocker tonight missing easy tackles and not helping Kemp any. Maybe should worry about footy rather than his next contract, or at least hurry up and get it out of the road so he can play footy.

I hate how Hodges when we get behind gets that agro in his game, because whenever he does he dances more than usual rather than running, he does stupid things in defence ala tackle he's on report for, and gets the grubby niggle in his game, and just plays shit overall.

Clinton I'm afraid is not the player he was, and maybe should look to grow his hair long again as when it was he played better for the Panfers, might be a Sampson type thing going on eusa_think

Thaiday continues to impress me and once again for mine was our best forward. Wally is a revelation at half and I look forward to watching him in the number 7 jersey for years to come. DT needs more game time WB. Great to see the worlds largest winger tonight in Beastwood out on the flanks icon_thumbs_u

On the game I agree with some of the sentiments about Archer and his disciple Geoff Younis who tried hard to make it difficult for us, however on saying that we lost the game in the first 20 minutes, and also with our defence or lack of tonight.

Disappointing loss but as they say a Premiership has never been won in April, long way to go.

Oh and yeah Princey will be keenly sort after by the Italian soccer side after his diving effort tonight, very disappointed in him as didn't think that was part of his game [icon_thumbs_do

Hunt has become the most BORING FB in the game. On the other hand, Boyd was just so good at the back.

And anyone - and there are lots of you, who knocks Michaels at centre - like you GCB - ought to pull your head in.

As for Stagg at 5/8 - doh!

And for FFS, why did Bennett keep Taylor off the field for so long?

Next year - Michaels at centre, Folau on the wing, where we really need good finishers.

rnabokov said:
And anyone - and there are lots of you, who knocks Michaels at centre - like you GCB - ought to pull your head in.

Why?

Michaels was terrible tonight.

Missed a number of tackles, and offered nothing going forward other than that one run where his pace advantaged him.

Michaels is an OK player, that's all IMO. I don't think there's that much improvement in him.

Folau at centre is 50x the threat of Michaels at centre.

ningnangnong said:
rnabokov said:

Why?

Missed a number of tackles, and offered nothing going forward other than that one run where his pace advantaged him.

Michaels is an OK player, that's all IMO. I don't think there's that much improvement in him.

Folau at centre is 50x the threat of Michaels at centre.

glad you said that Ning cause I agree 100% with you and was wondering if I had seen things wrong, I thought he was very poor tonight. That being said he has been pretty good in some of the earlier rounds though.

tbh if theres people saying Hodges doesnt pass to his winger then Michaels should also be under the same scrutiny.

ningnangnong said:

Thank heavens.

The way some people have been saying he was great last night, I thought I watched the wrong player or game.

I think we were asleep for the first 25 mins. A number of things that I got out of the game;

1. The better team won and blaming the ref is not only unfair but wrong, yes he did some crap calls but no way did the Broncos deserve to win.
2. Michaels would be among the worst centre/winger to ever play for the Broncos. His positional play is appalling, and as a centre he often leaves the winger with too much ground to cover and usually leaves him out numbered. This happened a number of times tonight. His judgement and catching ability of the high ball is also poor (a drop from a high ball turned out to be a crucial error, a couple of poor reads in defence isolated his winger and a miss-judged block from a kick resulted in the first try. So if you want to blame someone for the loss, well you whistle and I'll point.
3. Again miss-tackles are killing us, we need to employ someone that can teach our players to wrap up the player and the ball, and we had something like 40 missed tackles.
4. Silly errors in our own half, teach Simms how to hold the ball (not with the point showing, he gets the ball knocked out of his hands at least once every game).
5. Again injuries reduced our options in attack and the experience of Lockyer and Marsh in the oppositions 20m was noticeable. The loss of Parker and Hunt during the game had a telling effect.
6. On a positive note, Boyd is getting better each game, and Ennis is showing why Bennett has so much faith in him, although he needs to get his crap out of his game. Wallace continues to impress as does Thiaday.

In saying all of this it’s of course not all doom and gloom, because, even though we didn’t play well, we were not beaten by much. I think Hodges will miss a few weeks for that tackle, we could also be without Parker and Hunt, depending how they pull up and Marsh might need some more time out, but fortunately we play Souths next week so we possibly could afford to let Lockyer have another weeks rest.

Anyone know anything about K??

i was most upset to see him leave the field, and am praying its not serious... what did they say about it during the telecast?? That's the one thing i hate about going to games if a player get's injured you have no insight into how serious it could be.

Hodges was just about ready to deck the ref. Haha he wasn' a happy chappy out there with mr ref, although mr ref was a bit questionable at times. but Hodgo seemed to be firing!

The quicker Locky gets back on the park and Stagg leaves 5/8 to someone who can play there the better...

I posted last week that if we let GC score 5 tries (ala Knights last week) we would lose. I hate being right!

Another encouraging example of a game where we played way way way below our best but came very close to getting the job done. If we hit our straps we will be unstopable!!!

Also, if K has even a sniff of an injury, I reckon rest him and put Boyd at the back for Rusty's Bunnies. He did a great job there tonight.

I hate seeing Michaels bashings like this. He did nothing wrong today. They scored 3 tries down his side - 2 because Kemp can't catch, and 1 by pure luck. Michaels defended well.

Allthough I admit, he's a much better winger than centre. He would have defused all of those bombs tbh.

Michael Ennis is so similar to Cam Smith, it's not even funny IMO. We need to re-sign him ASAP!

The Rock said:
Far out, why are people so negative?

There were way more positives than negatives out there tonight IMO.

In a way, yes. It's obvious we haven't gelled as a side properly yet, and we could be a real force in the latter parts of the season.
But the negative are two of our best player getting injured, and our best player still doesn't know when he's back. We WILL need them for when we gel properly to challenge for the premiership.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.