Broncos vs Titans post game chat

Tonights game was encouraging in patches, althugh we seemed content to do a lot of one out plays that really put us under pressure. Our goal line defence for the first 2 Titans tries was terrible but we muscled up well in the 2nd half and the only try the titans scored in that half were from 2 dubious penalties.

I thought Folau was excellent and Ben Teo was running some really nice lines and busting through the defence looking for support which was good, a few times he had the arm free but there was no one in supoort. Clinton was outstanding 2night, he hit the line hard and was bending the defence, Kenny was good also and his spin move when he hits the line seemed quite effective. icon_thumbs_u Corey had a great game once again and is in excellent form. Our attack really seemed to fire when McCullough came on and he is going to be a great hookewr in the future.

Palmer seems a little sluggish out there at times and I thogh PJ is decpetive and provides clean delivery but I wish he'd run the ball a little more, other than that he was good

I really wish Lockyer would get a little more involved, I didnt think he seemed that interested , he was happy to just pass it on or put it back on the inside. It wasnt til that last try that he showed what he can do, but I guess he once again he came up with the play that sealed the win for us, so I suppose thats all we can ask for. The scary thing is, It seems to me Locky is playing at a pedestrian level by his standards and im not having a go at Locky, this excites me to think Locky is only playing at half pace but when he decides to turn on his game similar to what we saw a few weeks back, look out not only the Broncos opposition but NSW cause I really feel Lockyer is timing his run for origin and the back end of the season and results could be scary. [icon_ee _woohoo_

Glad we got the win tonight and we did enough to get the 2 points so im happy. Nice to be back in the winners circle!!

Also did anyone else the refs were very harsh on us in the 1st half. It felt to me watching on tv that the refs were letting the Titans players lie all over us for a lot longer that we were allowed.

bigjim said:
I thought it was a really good game, though the eventual score wasn't representative of the closeness of the battle.
In realty, Folau was the difference.
The real shift in momentum seemed to come when Walker had that ball stripped, sorry, I mean when he dropped that ball.

Bad luck Jim, know how you are feeling as the little fellow (8yo) is a Titan fan and whilst disappointed was stoked Izzy got 4, go figure 8yo logic.

Yes the final score did not reflect the closeness, and look forward to the game later in the year hopefully at full strength both sides as you missed Bull and Laffrachi for sure.

Walker has always had poor ball control, can't even place the ball properly can he [icon_razz1

OMG I LOVE FOLAU GO YOU BEAST! Four tires, what a champion!
Parker was awesome again, yay! (his goal kicking was semi-shit though)
and please please please sack micheals.

broncospwn said:

He's like a car when he's at full speed!

It annoys me how we have to rotate him every so often to help him stay balanced.

Ben T'eo running wide tonight was very, very impressive. Close to our best forward. Excellent lines and massive gains on multiple occasions. Joel Clinton was running hard and with purpose and Parker did some excellent work.

Love seeing Folau get his hands on the ball more and switch between centre and wing. It is an almost unstoppable force.

How bout Gordons try? That kid has a big future.

Is it me or did the crowd have a big "douche-factor" thanks to some of the titans fans. Although the massive brawl i saw after the game was quite entertaining.

**** yeah folau, he looked dangerous all game.

Lockys run at the end was so cool! **** the haters!

Big improvement on last week, but we are nowhere close to where we want to be, which could be ok, just as long as we eventually get there come september.

Wow, we were pretty damn bad last night, but it's a mark of a great team to play poorly and still win by 14 points.

I though Te'o was the best on the field last night. Great running, off-loads and he stung in defence. Easily his best game since coming here. Parker, Folau, Wallace and Setu very solid as well.

If the Titans got the win last night, it would be for one reason alone - opposition teams have worked it out and will crack down on it this year. Our gameplan is SO reliant on getting quick play-the-balls. We have a brilliant backline, and the forwards need to be on their feet quickly to keep the momentum going, so we can keep bodies in motion and keep moving.

Last night, the Titans did a FANTASTIC job of lying on the ruck just long enough to kill that momentum, without being penalised for it. Wherever possible, they flipped our boys onto their backs to ensure they couldn't get a quick play-the-ball. And it very, very nearly came off for them. I dare suggest that the only thing that really saved us was their forwards tiring in the second half, without Laffranchi and Bailey there to do their usual work.

Better second half but our defense is very lazy. The amount of times they ran through us was ridculous. However Henjak needs to realise that we need 2 props on the bench, as it as shown, that it tires our forwards out.

Te'o had a great game, but personally I don't think most forwards had an exceptional game, probably due to the poor bench. McCullogh needs to go back to Qld cup to make way for more forwards.

Folau is a champ and needs to be in the centres. And while Michaels had a good game he still did some stupid stuff. He never gives his winger any room.

We need Wallace to kick. 67% is not acceptable, Parker could have sent us into extra time last week and he cost us 6(?) points last night. At the end of the season that can add up and make a big difference in for and against.

Fozz said:
I was very disappointed with the Tonga and ODwyer tries. They just breezed over.

Yes, defence in the first half was poor and it was great to see it improve in the second half.

Michaels...jeez. I just want to see him play ONE game where he doesn't get caught out in defence and doesn't butcher attacking opportunities.

Lockys kicking game is still on the blink but that run was good!

Setu knocked the ball back from that Wapau bomb IMO.

i agree with those two trys, my grandmother could of scored those , thats how big the gaps were ( and shes not alive )...they just let them in the game at crucial times.i do like the way they showed heaps of heart to go on with it in the second half.
Is it just me or is lockyer very quiet .....he only really did one thing...that last pass to izzy...

ningnangnong said:
broncospwn said:

Yeah, he is just awesome and so dangerous close to the line and even when he wasn't scoring tries he made plenty of half breaks and was just great!
It's just pissed me off that next week he'll be back on the wing and get about 5 touches the whole game while Michaels will be at centre getting the ball 30 times a match.

Anyone notices Wallace starting to cut out Michaels a few times passing straight to Antonio? lol I get the feeling he's sick of him butchering every attacking run.

Clinton was great, Marsh I thought was good again needs to be our perm hooker. Teo was running great lines and actually looking dangerous with the ball in hand, parker continued his awesome form from last week but my one gripe was that with that awesome try it had to be micheals to score :(

Our kicking game was GREAT, we found space most of the time which was nice to see and locky was in hot form.

Yeah noticed Michaels getting skipped. Lockyer has done it a few times too.

I was impressed with Setu aswell. Also, PJ.

Setu was woeful in the first half, but that was across the team too. He unleashed the beast a bit in the second half. Some awesome big hits.

I agree Moxy, Setu and Te'o were both quiet/poor in the first half but both produced excellent second halves. Te'o in particular ran some great lines at good pace later in the game which is a very good sign.

Nashy said:

God, I hope that's not the case - how can we have a backline be successful if they are constantly cutting out one guy out (btw I do know that we did manage to win, but still)??? It's like the joke that everyone's in on! Also Setu has to do a bit more work to keep McGuire off the bench (IMO).

First half was a real worry last night but the boys certainly picked themselves up. I have massive raps on Teo, I thought he was brilliant, a danger with and without the ball. Thugy was good in attack (not GKing), PJ is getting good, but whats with him playing 40 and McCullough having 40 - is it fitness?? I don't see McCullough giving us anything in 40 he couldn't give us in 20 - don't get me wrong, I like him, I agree with the slow and steady blooding of him, but PJ is an established, rep hooker.

Finally, it seemed like every pass towards the end was a sneaky inside ball getting us nowhere, locky passes it back and the runner gets tackled where lockyer was, seems a bit redundant and the Tits certainly cottoned on to the 'sneaky' inside ball pretty quickly (we did the same thing against Manly and it wasn't good then either)

But a much better performance and slowly getting back to the form we had in the start of the year that had me questioning "who could beat the Broncos.?"

ddd said:
Nashy said:

God, I hope that's not the case - how can we have a backline be successful if they are constantly cutting out one guy out (btw I do know that we did manage to win, but still)??? It's like the joke that everyone's in on! Also Setu has to do a bit more work to keep McGuire off the bench (IMO).

First half was a real worry last night but the boys certainly picked themselves up. I have massive raps on Teo, I thought he was brilliant, a danger with and without the ball. Thugy was good in attack (not GKing), PJ is getting good, but whats with him playing 40 and McCullough having 40 - is it fitness?? I don't see McCullough giving us anything in 40 he couldn't give us in 20 - don't get me wrong, I like him, I agree with the slow and steady blooding of him, but PJ is an established, rep hooker.

Finally, it seemed like every pass towards the end was a sneaky inside ball getting us nowhere, locky passes it back and the runner gets tackled where lockyer was, seems a bit redundant and the Tits certainly cottoned on to the 'sneaky' inside ball pretty quickly (we did the same thing against Manly and it wasn't good then either)

But a much better performance and slowly getting back to the form we had in the start of the year that had me questioning "who could beat the Broncos.?"

Here's how I see the situation.

How can we have a backline be successful if they are constantly having to deal with Michaels running sideways, moving too close to the line, not able to, or just not using his winger.

broncospwn said:
ningnangnong said:
broncospwn said:

Yeah, he is just awesome and so dangerous close to the line and even when he wasn't scoring tries he made plenty of half breaks and was just great!

Haha, don't know if you noticed mate, but i was referring to your failure to spell 'tries' correctly. [icon_wink [icon_razz1

The Gymp said:
I agree Moxy, Setu and Te'o were both quiet/poor in the first half but both produced excellent second halves. Te'o in particular ran some great lines at good pace later in the game which is a very good sign.

The thing i liked about Te'o last night was his ability to get the ball free in the hope of offloading. If we actually had some players in support, we would have made a few more breaks.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Mister Wright
  • Sproj
  • phoenix
  • Fozz
  • Battler
  • Alec
  • Johnny92
  • broncsgoat
  • mitch222
  • bazza
  • Big Del
  • barker
  • Evander
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.