Broncos vs Titans post game chat

Because of Michaels earlier poor games any mistake he makes now is magnified.

And his attempt on O'Dwyer was a shocker, not what you want for tryline defence.

Alec said:
Yeah, Broncos supporters love finding one player and continuously giving him ****. Perry in 06/07, Sims in 08 finals, Michaels in 09. I do it too, but I can see that it's wrong. :oops:

Yeh but you have your agendas against the likes of Teo and Winterstein which is totally unjustified.

Jeb, you have an Anti-Johns agenda just like I have an Anti-Ennis agenda. I doubt there is a single person on this forum who unbiasedly assesses every player in the game based purely on their actual performances.

The Gymp said:
Jeb, you have an Anti-Johns agenda just like I have an Anti-Ennis agenda. I doubt there is a single person on this forum who unbiasedly assesses every player in the game based purely on their actual performances.

No, I have a Lockyer-and-Langer->>>-Johns agenda [icon_wink

hmmm lucky bailey & laffranchi weren't playing. Teo looked good though.

Was great to see the Marsh/McCullough 1-2 we didn't lose go forward like we do when Gorrell gets out there.

I was sitting where Michaels was attacking in the first half, and he was dire. It was frustrating to watch! He stilted every play and made some costly errors. His 2nd half was a lot better, but still probably needs a confidence boost in the Q Cup.

Well you knew what I meant anyway. We all have our favourites and the ones in our teams and others that we really dislike. Pointing out that Alec has agenda's isn't a very profound statement after his love affair with Louganis last year.

Johns > Sherwin > Lockyer > Langer

Some good things, some bad things, so there's still room for improvement. I wonder who the first bronco to break the 4 try barrier and get number 5 will be. I can see Folau going one better at some stage in the future.

folau needs to be in the centres. move him to the wing for kicks, or whatever but folau needs more ball.

Really good effort by the boys I reckon, bit of a shame Ivan needs to put the rocket up the forwards to get them going but hopefully we can build on the great second half in the weeks to come.

Standouts for me were;
Teo - I think not having Hodges as an option outside Lockyer really suited Teo last night - he showed he is a dynamic runner and can really hurt in defence. Hopefully he got some real confidence from the game and can deliver that sort of performance week after week.
Clinton - How the hell did this bloke not make the 40 man squad for NSW! An enormous effort from Joel who has come back bigger and better this year
Parker - Worked his butt off as he has done most weeks this year, constantly cleaning up half breaks and really running with some intent this year
Israel - Worth every cent we pay him, sooner we move him into the centres the better - the big bloke just wants to score tries whether on the ground or in the air - some beautiful options by our halves showed the combination is getting better each week.

I think Ivan is doing nothing for Glenn playing him in the centres, he is a backrower or an interchange player. Once Michaels went to the wing I thought he was much more comfortable - he is a good finisher and on the wing he wouldn't have to worry about positioning anyone outside him so I think that works. As others have said the #9 combination worked well and the bench really provided some impact when they came onto the field.

I am almost ignoring the fact Bailey and Laffranchi didn't play as the Titans played above themselves last night and threw plenty at us. Best thing for me was the way we lifted when we had to and were going away from them at the end. Well done Broncos, entertaining win in front of an appreciative crowd.

i still dont think Sims is playing that great. he runs ard but he ends up only making a few metres each time. he's so big but once he gets impact he bends down and becomes half he size. Very hapy that Te'o and Setu are finding their stride. just need some more good games.

Marsh and Mcullough is the better option, but i dont know why he isnt putting Andrew on in the last 15 of the 1st half when we start to get tired and need a spark.

Alec said:
Yeah, Broncos supporters love finding one player and continuously giving him ****. Perry in 06/07, Sims in 08 finals, Michaels in 09. I do it too, but I can see that it's wrong. :oops:

First of all Perry WAS a nothing, it has been said the players LOVE playing with him and all that yadda yadda. I believe all of it but it doesn't discount the fact he was not a very good player and certainly not good enough to be a Broncos halfback. Enough said.

Sims in 08 finals - I don't think anyoen really blamed 'him' for the actual loss. At the time he was a good player to vent about, because the loss was so tragic and it was crucial in the context of the game. Bottom line - all was forgiven when Storm got belted by Manly.

Michaels - Sorry mate but Folau has to go left centre. Deadset. The pressure is on! We've got two gun centres, lets use them already. Sorry Michaels but you're on the wing or not in at all. Harsh but that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

mick said:
Wow, we were pretty damn bad last night, but it's a mark of a great team to play poorly and still win by 14 points.

I though Te'o was the best on the field last night. Great running, off-loads and he stung in defence. Easily his best game since coming here. Parker, Folau, Wallace and Setu very solid as well.

If the Titans got the win last night, it would be for one reason alone - opposition teams have worked it out and will crack down on it this year. Our gameplan is SO reliant on getting quick play-the-balls. We have a brilliant backline, and the forwards need to be on their feet quickly to keep the momentum going, so we can keep bodies in motion and keep moving.

Last night, the Titans did a FANTASTIC job of lying on the ruck just long enough to kill that momentum, without being penalised for it. Wherever possible, they flipped our boys onto their backs to ensure they couldn't get a quick play-the-ball. And it very, very nearly came off for them. I dare suggest that the only thing that really saved us was their forwards tiring in the second half, without Laffranchi and Bailey there to do their usual work.

This is one thing I too noticed in the game.

More importantly thought, even as the TV commentators observed, the Tits were so damn fast with their play the balls and running it made our already sub-par marker defence worse.

Another thing I felt, we still seem far too reliant on both one-out running and getting the ball to so0meone who is relatively flat footed and therefore so much easier to tackle.

Most impressed with T'eo and Clinton in the 2nd half.

Active Now

• The Strapper
  • Battler
  • winslow_wong
  • NSW stables
  • porouian
  • Alec
  • Dash
  • Strop
  • heartly87
  • Bucking Beads
  • HVbronco
  • TimWhatley
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Fozz
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Harry Sack
  • Hurrijo
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.