Broncos vs Titans post game chat

M

mjc

BRL Player
Jan 14, 2009
MIKEY said:
Fozz said:
Is it just me or is lockyer very quiet .....he only really did one thing...that last pass to izzy...

It's a long season. Why does he have to be brilliant every game when we're coming equal first and getting he job done?

He has show flashes of brilliance and done special things, and in the big games when he was needed he has delivered. He was wicked in the Test and even better against Parramatta when everyone was questioning him being selected for rep games. I think he is picking and choosing when to inject himself and have big ones.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Agree with Russo, you're all being very harsh on Michaels. Sure he wasn't outstanding by any means, but his performance last night was a massive improvement on previous weeks, particularly when he played on the wing. I have a feeling next week we will see Izzy and Hodges in the centres and Michaels and Winner on the wing.

I've been harsh on Michaels this year (deservedly so) but I would be happy to see how he goes on the wing. He hasn't let us down in that position before.

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
A pedestrian first half but much improved second half. The intensity was there and we didn't let them off the hook.

Geez that really is the game that got away for the Titans. Two tries bombed clearly. I'm surprised Cartwright didn't wreck the coaches box.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
JebaMock said:
Agree with Russo, you're all being very harsh on Michaels. Sure he wasn't outstanding by any means, but his performance last night was a massive improvement on previous weeks, particularly when he played on the wing. I have a feeling next week we will see Izzy and Hodges in the centres and Michaels and Winner on the wing.

I've been harsh on Michaels this year (deservedly so) but I would be happy to see how he goes on the wing. He hasn't let us down in that position before.

His performance was an improvement, but still not good enough for the first team IMO.

I just can't see what he brings to the table. He's very one dimensional.

He's not going to beat a player with footwork, a fend or a dummy. He's extremely reliant on pace and having someone like Lockyer or Wallace put him in a good position.

In defence he played well last night, but overall this season he's been poor, especially under the high ball.

I still don't think he should be in the team next week.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
So you didn't see enough last night to justify playing him on the wing next week with Hodges and Izzy in the centres? Keep in mind he has performed very well on the wing in the past.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
I would give him a week on the wing seeing unless Yow Yeh is tearing it up in Q Cup (he isn't as far as I am aware) and then if he fails again put Yow Yeh or Beale on the vacant wing. Regardless last night proved Folau needs to be in the centres.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I really think the Performance last night was garbage. Sure our attack goes ok but our defence is disgusting. Folau needs to be in the centres and we really need our forwards to show more aggression IMO. Still got the 2 points but I wasn't very happy with the performance.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
JebaMock said:
So you didn't see enough last night to justify playing him on the wing next week with Hodges and Izzy in the centres? Keep in mind he has performed very well on the wing in the past.

I agree... and if they still don't want to move Folau to the centers, then i would be tempted to move Winterstein to the centers. because i think if Michaels is going to stay in this team it has to be on the wing

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
Michaels needs to go to the Wing as a final attempt and if that fails, time to get the younger guys in.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Get Sweeney and McGuire in there if it's aggression you want.

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Honestly, Michaels needs to put on a disguise and change his name to get a fair go around here. I've just watched the first half again to see all these "terrible errors" and none of them were his fault!

Walker was onto him the minute he got the ball on numerous occasions, Hunt flicked a ball behind him at full speed which anyone would have dropped, and the Broncos were totally out-numbered for the Titans first try. And, as others have said, he was shutting down raids all night in defence.

No he's not amazing, and he's not offering a huge amount in attack at the moment, but I think some people need to take off their anti-Michaels glasses. Don't go into a game assuming he's going to be terrible because it influences the way you look at things. It seems he just has to be in the general vicinity of an error to be blamed for it.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Yes but Michaels is holidng back players like Yow Yeh who could get a wing spot if Folau is moved into the centres....

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
That's really not relevant to the point I'm making. I wouldn't protest if he was dropped for Yow Yeh or Beale, but the abuse he cops is unwarranted and unfair.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Yes this is true, every team has a scapegoat or average player who cops abuse because he isn't cutting the mustard.

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
True, I don't know why I bothered because if it's not him it will be someone else.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Last year it was several players but mainly Boyd

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, Broncos supporters love finding one player and continuously giving him ****. Perry in 06/07, Sims in 08 finals, Michaels in 09. I do it too, but I can see that it's wrong. :oops:

Unread

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Big Del
  • mitch222
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Scdeac
  • phoenix
  • broncsgoat
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.