10. Clinton
11. Thaiday
12. Te'o
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Taylor
16. Wapau
17. Sims

If Hodges is out then give Glenn a go in the centers and bring McCollough onto the bench

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Michaels will be having nightmares about Lyon for the rest of the year.. i think Glenn is really pressuring him for his position - he deserves a place in the 17 yet i don't think Henjack can continue to carry both him and a hooker on the bench.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Agree with most of the sentiments here re the backline, but I still think Glenn is perfect for bench utility and should still be used there. He'll get his chance in the starting lineup for many years to come. And despite Beale's impressive debut, I am a big Yow Yeh fan and think he would be awesome outside Hodges.

1. Hunt
2. Yow Yeh
3. Hodges
4. Folau
5. Winterstein
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. Marsh
10. Clinton
11. Thaiday
12. Sims
13. Parker
--------------------
14. Glenn
15. Teo
16. Setu
17. Taylor

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Yep agree Jeb that should be the side, although maybe McCullough for Setu or even Teo.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah I agree with Jeb/Russo, like that side and Marsh should retain the 9 but I don't think he is likely to play a strong 80 minutes at this level right now and McCullough should get another go, I don't want to see his confidence disappear by being demoted for no decent reason.

B

Boofhead

BRL Player
Mar 6, 2008
It's finally here! Bring it donks. icon_thumbs_u

Hope they fight Laffranchi's charge... Although we have several replacements you can't replace a player like him.

Keep an eye on the away supporters section, going to go off. [icon_wink

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
As Coxy posted (my bold) about the Manly game and I fully agree:

“Nope, we weren't robbed and any Broncos fan who claims we were robbed is huffing something.

You don't lead a game 16-0 and lose just because of the refereeing. You lose because you slack off, get tired, suffer injuries, something. In the Broncos case it was a bit of the first two.

What annoys me the most is that everyone knows it's the most difficult thing in rugby league to change momentum of a game if you're tired. And yet the Broncos continually allow opposition teams to get the edge in momentum in the last 10 minutes before, and/or first 20 minutes after half time.

We did it against Penrith. We did it against Parramatta. In both those games we were lucky they were shit.

We've now also done it against Newcastle (albeit in shit conditions), against Manly, and against St George-Illawarra and all three teams beat us.

The players, and yes it's mainly the bench forwards, need to HTFU! â€

If we do the same this week - we'll get done.

If we use the same team (specifically Michaels in the centre and no Taylor) AND get done, that then tells you something about the Coach as well.

B

broncosil

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
Beale said:
1. Hunt
2. Winterstein
3. Folau
4. Hodges
5. Beale
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. Marsh
10. Clinton
11. Thaiday
12. Te'o
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Taylor
16. Sims
17. Setu

Have PJ play 80 mins, Glenn can fill in at hooker if PJ needs a rest. That way we can carry an extra forward as Glenn can play in the backrow if PJ can go the 80. That extra forward would help in tightening up our defence in the middle as its not crash hot ATM.

Give McCullough some time in Qld Cup IMO & Drop Gorrell altogether, He's been a complete passenger.

Beale, Yow Yeh or Michaels to fight out for the right wing spot... Michaels will do better using his pace to finish tries rather than trying to set them up.

I tend to agree. However if not Beale, then Yow Yeh. Michaels is not acceptable. He has had far too many chances. I like the idea of Folau on the other side to help cover Winterstein, who seems to have trouble catching the high ball in defense.

Marsh has to stay, no question about it. Taylor needs to come back, we need strength on the bench.

And please, for the love of God (or beer whichever entity you choose to worship icon_smile ), please have Wallace kick. Parker always seems to miss the important ones.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
broncosil, did you see Wally's attempt from the sideline on Friday night????

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I am willing to bet Steve Michaels will not get dropped and that Dave Taylor will still not get a look in.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Je$ter said:
I am willing to bet Steve Michaels will not get dropped and that Dave Taylor will still not get a look in.

Unfortunately i think you will be proven correct. :|

R

rissi_gurl

NYC Player
Mar 17, 2008
IMO if we dont have an outstanding game on Friday night, we are certainly pretenders not contenders!

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
No Gorrelllllllllllllllllllllllllll this is something

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
mrslong said:
No Gorrelllllllllllllllllllllllllll this is something

he is injured though, so not a decision that Henjak made [icon_razz1

Unread

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Jedhead
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.