Broncos vs Titans: Pre-game discussion and team lists

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
yep, felt exactly the same with Wayne Bennet. It astounds me how many people have short memories.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Under 20s team if it hasn't been posted:
1 Todd Murphy
2 Jharal Yow Yeh
3 Rhys Matsen
4 Dale Copley
5 Tyson Brookes
6 Corey Norman
7 Ben Hunt
8 David Hala
9 Kurt Baptiste
10 Josh Coyle
11 Dunamis Lui
12 Kurtis Lingwoodock
13 Guy Ford ©
Interchange
14 Tariq Sims
15 Ben Faulkner
16 Josh Williams
17 James Ackerman

R

ronnyd

QCup Player
Mar 14, 2008
Coxyz said:
ronnyd said:
I don't want to start death riding him this early in the season, but its a totally foreign feeling (for a broncos fan) not to have confidence in the coaches ability to make the big selections calls.

Really? I think quite a few Broncos fans felt similarly with Wayne Bennett at various times.
eg: Leaving out Sam Thaiday for a long time, continually picking Dane Carlaw, Shane Perry, Scott Minto, Stu Kelly....

Didn't always agree with Bennett, but I had confidence in him.. kinda seems like Ivan is picking his sides using one of those lucky eight balls.

B

broncosil

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
There must be something we are missing. How can Michaels continue to be picked? We must be the only team in the comp to not have a prop on the bench. This is just ridiculous. Is there something wrong with Dave Taylor? It seems they (both Henjak and Bennett in the past) have an issue with him.

McGuire would be a great selection. Saw him play last week and he had a great game. What does it take?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I wonder why Yow Yeh is playing in the Toyota Cup I though he did quite well when playing first grade this season?.

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
No suprises really, Henjak has really got the WB syndrome of picking the same guys, no matter their performance.

I'm not sure what more Dave Taylor has to do to play NRL? He has had 3 (or 4?) weeks in QCup, got a try every game, set up quite a few and has been knocking out 70-75 minutes each time.

You'd have to start to wonder if it is really performance/goals/fitness based or if he's already agreed to terms with another club?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
U20 side has been updated:

1 Todd Murphy
2 Jharal Yow Yeh
3 Rhys Matsen
4 Dale Copley
5 Dane Gagai
6 Corey Norman
7 Ben Hunt
8 David Hala
9 Kurt Baptiste
10 Josh Coyle
11 Dunamis Lui
12 Kurtis Lingwoodock
13 Guy Ford ©
Interchange
14 Tariq Sims
15 Ben Faulkner
16 Josh Williams
17 James Ackerman

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Foordy said:
mrslong said:
Corey Parker is having a bonza year though, gotta give him kudos!!!

maybe he was on here during last season and saw all the people bagging him [icon_razz1
I hope he has told Michaels to have a look. Why do players who have been playing like absolute shit keep getting picked???

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
omfg, what does Michaels have to do to get dropped? surely 9 shocking games in a row is enough.... FFS!
And not one genuine prop on the bench, and still no Dave Taylor who could at least play some prop, I don't know what henjak is thinking, or if this is simply politics keeping Taylor out and Michaels in.
and coxy, we were calling for parker to be sacked as goal kicker, not from the team because his goal kicking would sooner or later cost us a close game, and guess what happened last week in the final minutes of the game? Yes we had a conversion to level the game, but corey's 2/4 goal kicking meant we lost. I'm not going to complain about it now though, because at least he has improved over the psat few weeks, however, seeing wallace kick in city country I really would like wallace to be given a chance at some stage.

Jeza23

Jeza23

NRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
Going to be a tough game in the local derby but I am hoping very much that we can turn it around (in 4 days) and get back into the winners circle, because realistically we needed it to stay in top 4 contention, even this far out from the finals haha

Should be a cracking game overall, looking forward to it!

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
broncospwn said:
and coxy, we were calling for parker to be sacked as goal kicker, not from the team because his goal kicking would sooner or later cost us a close game, and guess what happened last week in the final minutes of the game? Yes we had a conversion to level the game, but corey's 2/4 goal kicking meant we lost. I'm not going to complain about it now though, because at least he has improved over the psat few weeks, however, seeing wallace kick in city country I really would like wallace to be given a chance at some stage.

Saying he has improved over the past few weeks (since that thread) is a MASSIVE understatement. The guy has been kicking awesome of late.

When a team is up 16-0 in the early stages of a game, you can hardly blame the goal kicker for losing the match

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Since Taylor has signed with the Bunnies don't expect to see him in first grade this season. TBH, under the circumstances i hope we don't select him again this season, we should worry about progressing props that will be with us beyond this season

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Heard today that despite being named K isn't 100% to be playing this week and Beale broke his wrist during the game on Sunday, so be interesting to see who'll get the FB gig if K doesn't pass fit.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Same team + same attitude as against other quality sides = same outcome.

(Wouldn't it be ironic if, having lost Taylor, we also lost Hunt...)

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
Will be interesting to see if both Hunt & Hodges are out again who will play fullback now Beale has done his wrist.

Wonder what the combo will be?

1. Folau
2. Winterstein
3. Michaels
4. Glenn
5. Yow Yeh/Hewitt

???

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Folau fullback? Hmmm, good under the high ball but I worry about his positional play.

I say put Michaels there so he can uber stink and then we can ditch him. :P

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Beale said:
Will be interesting to see if both Hunt & Hodges are out again who will play fullback now Beale has done his wrist.

Wonder what the combo will be?

1. Folau
2. Winterstein
3. Michaels
4. Glenn
5. Yow Yeh/Hewitt

???

IIRC, Hewitt has been playing fullback in the Q-Cup so he could be a chance a fullback, i think Yow Yeh can also play fullback

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
It was between Hewitt and Beale for the spot on Sunday just gone so Hewitt would come in I'd suggest

Unread

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Jedhead
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.