Broncos vs Titans: Pre-game discussion and team lists

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I must admit, i am wondering if Henjak can see some of the deficiencies in our play, particularly Michaels.

He is rewarding mediocrity. We have a vast number of youngsters who i think could come into the team and perform much better than Michaels.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
thedman said:
Here is the team:

1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Steve Michaels
4. Justin Hodges
5. Israel Folau
6. Darren Lockyer (C)
7. Peter Wallace
8. Joel Clinton
9. PJ Marsh
10. Nick Kenny
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Ben Te'o
13. Corey Parker

14. Lagi Setu
15. Ashton Sims
16. Palmer Wapau
17. Alex Glenn
18. Andrew McCullough

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/spor ... 09,00.html

http://broncos.sportal.net.au/default.aspx?s=team

OK, good start Ivan. Now, repeat after me:

1. Drop Lagi Setu
2. Drop Steve Michaels
3. Shift Alex Glenn to centre
4. Add David Taylor to the bench

There's a good gnome.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
No props once again on the bench. Recipe of disaster.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Corey Parker is having a bonza year though, gotta give him kudos!!!

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
mrslong said:
Corey Parker is having a bonza year though, gotta give him kudos!!!

maybe he was on here during last season and saw all the people bagging him [icon_razz1

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Last season? People were calling for him to be sacked after 2 rounds of dodgy goalkicking! LOLZIPOPS

R

ronnyd

QCup Player
Mar 14, 2008
So its pretty clear Taylor was not dropped to Q-cup to get 'minutes in his legs', becuase surely he has achieved that. Both Teo and Setu have been very quiet whenever they have played and after all the hype surrounding Wapau he has been very disappointing. I also don't get the point of having McCullough as 18th man, you either want a 2nd hooker in your team or you don't.. you can't bring him into replace an injury without totally changing the dynamic of the team. Unless he is their just to let taylor know that he is no where getting picked yet.

And I am just dumbfounded by Steve Michaels selection.

I don't want to start death riding him this early in the season, but its a totally foreign feeling (for a broncos fan) not to have confidence in the coaches ability to make the big selections calls.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
Yep, even Wayne would have dropped Michaels.

I hope Marsh carves it up again. IMO we need an 80 minute hooker. I just think we need more forwards on the bench, and having McCollough or Gorrell on there is a waste.

I don't know even Bennett has persisted with players we were all calling to be dropped. and he also didn't select Taylor for long periods of time (there must be a reason why 2 different coaches are not selecting Taylor, and the fans of the club just don't see it)

K

Kraven27

BRL Player
Sep 7, 2008
Anyone know the Titans line up yet? Apparently Campbell and Bailey were in doubt with Laffranchi also facing a charge for a forearm to the face!

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Laffranchi could still be out too, he is challenging his charge at the judiciary tomorrow night

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
If Bailey and Laffranchi are out, we'll win. Guaranteed.

They way we have been playing, i have some doubts that even if that pair are out that we can win...

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Ivan seems to want speed atm, with no props on the bench. i didnt think mcGuire was playing bad b4 he was dropped. once Kenny or Clinton go off Sammy is bumped up and not used properly.

Im so disapointed in Setu, he was my pick for buy of the season. he use to offload and be ferocious in defence last year. Glenn has to be in the centres if they dont want to move Izzy.

M

MIKEY

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2009
mcguire had a blinder for norths against souths logan in the qld cup....hes young and strong and hard to tackle...get him in there IMO

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Grow some balls Henjak.. Michaels has to go he has been woeful this season. How can Taylor not make the side he is a genuine match winner.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
ronnyd said:
So its pretty clear Taylor was not dropped to Q-cup to get 'minutes in his legs', becuase surely he has achieved that. Both Teo and Setu have been very quiet whenever they have played and after all the hype surrounding Wapau he has been very disappointing. I also don't get the point of having McCullough as 18th man, you either want a 2nd hooker in your team or you don't.. you can't bring him into replace an injury without totally changing the dynamic of the team. Unless he is their just to let taylor know that he is no where getting picked yet.

And I am just dumbfounded by Steve Michaels selection.

I don't want to start death riding him this early in the season, but its a totally foreign feeling (for a broncos fan) not to have confidence in the coaches ability to make the big selections calls.
I think McCullough was named as 18th man because Hodges isn't a 100% certainty yet is he? If he pulls out Glenn will go to centre and McCullough will come onto the bench.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
ronnyd said:

Really? I think quite a few Broncos fans felt similarly with Wayne Bennett at various times.
eg: Leaving out Sam Thaiday for a long time, continually picking Dane Carlaw, Shane Perry, Scott Minto, Stu Kelly....

Unread

Active Now

• theshed
  • marw
  • Bucking Beads
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.