Broncos vs Titans - Pre & Post Game Discussion

how many of you were like me and was 90% sure we would score as soon as lockyer brought the ball down, we've seen it so many times now in pressure situation, hes not only the greatest clutch player in rugby league, but hed have to at least be in the top 2 or 3 and probably the best clutch player in all of sports.

Beastwood is starting to become a fave of mine after some good performances

Stagg is pretty much a waste of time having there. hes an 80 minute tackling machine, thats it. he is crap with the ball. so when we have him coming off the bench, and he does **** all defensively as well, its just a wasted bench spot. one pj marsh or dave taylor could have.

I am away for the weekend and have bugger all chance of seeing a replay can someone give me a rundown of the ref's shite performance.

in the 1st half, Prince was taken into touch, but let go and the titans score on the next play. Secondly Rogers takes Kemp out after he has kicked (and may of even touched the ball himself). Titans get the scrum and score on that segment (they got a penalty on that set) and Rogers scores.

Hodges is called held after escaping a tackle and gaining another 5 metres, Titans recieve penalty and make the score 14-6 at half time.

But meh, we won, so all good.

QUEENSLANDER said:
When will other teams learn?! u never rush locky on a kick! he will tear u open

Catch 22, my friend.

Don't rush - Locky slots the field goal.

Rush up - Locky sets up a try.

Lose/lose for them!

Spud said:
in the 1st half, Prince was taken into touch, but let go and the titans score on the next play. Secondly Rogers takes Kemp out after he has kicked (and may of even touched the ball himself). Titans get the scrum and score on that segment (they got a penalty on that set) and Rogers scores.

Hodges is called held after escaping a tackle and gaining another 5 metres, Titans recieve penalty and make the score 14-6 at half time.

But meh, we won, so all good.

Plus he peanalised Ennis for walking off the mark - 50/50 I guess but it happens 40 times in every game.

Secondly Rogers takes Kemp out after he has kicked (and may of even touched the ball himself).

Rogers definitely touched it, in fact he deliberately kicked it out, at the same time as taking Kemp out.

mick! said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
When will other teams learn?! u never rush locky on a kick! he will tear u open

Catch 22, my friend.

Don't rush - Locky slots the field goal.

Rush up - Locky sets up a try.

Lose/lose for them!

[icon_evillaugh [icon_evillaugh [icon_evillaugh [icon_evillaugh [icon_evillaugh [icon_evillaugh

I love Darren Lockyer.

Bull_Shark said:
I know we will have our day and I have no problem losing to a champion team in golden point due to a moment of Lockyer brilliance.
I have a problem with a genuine lack of respect shown to a fellow Queensland team who have done a fine and honourable job in their fledgling existance. All I say is, give us a fair go and to some of your contributors, stop shovelling so much shite on us, and please stop the turncoat shit, let it go, move on. We're paying our dues

Hey, this supposed "lack of respect" only exists north of Beenleigh ... I've spent the past 18 months completely immersed in Titans territory and the day to day runnings / development of this club ... and no matter what anyone will try to have you believe, this club and it's setup and it's following and it's future is all very much for real ...

There's nothing "flash in the pan" about the Gold Coast Titans ... They've got all the essential boxes ticked and the scarey thing is they're about to get a heck of a lot better ...

And as for the team itself, well as long as John Cartwright is the coach (and scott prince stays fit), you'll continue to watch an extremely well drilled outfit go through the process each weekend ...

Great post. Agree with it 100%. Gold Coast were very brave last night. They were punching well above their weight and were probably unlucky not to win it. How much of an inspiration is Prince? He's a special player.

On the game itself I was very happy we were able to come away with the win. Titans completed 20/21 sets in the first half and they probably deserved to lead by about 12-14. Broncos defence really stepped up and kept us in the contest.

Kenny was arguably our best forward, Sims went ok too. Hodges tsk tsk tsk. I think there is something wrong with his head at the moment. He's remding me a bit of Barry Hall with his stupid brain snaps. Hopefully the coach has a good word in his ear. That dumping the player after he's gotten rid of the ball crap has just got to stop. Hodges never for captain I say.

Darren Lockyer really is just a remarkable footballer. Coming off his sick bed to single handedly win us the game. I've stopped being surprised by it. I'm really going to miss him when he finishes with our club.

Brisbane are a huge chance of stealing a home final. I wouldn't put it past South Sydney causing a boilover next Friday night. Sydney have well and truly hit the wall. I'm starting to think they want us to snatch 4th spot. Let's finish the H&A season off the right way!

Woosters have Souffs and Dwagons to go. Both loseable games. We shouldn't lose another game this season. Bring it on. icon_thumbs_u

Alec said:
Woosters have Souffs and Dwagons to go. Both loseable games. We shouldn't lose another game this season. Bring it on. icon_thumbs_u

I think the rooters will lose both games they are tired and lacking confidence.

We should win our last 2 games.

bigjim said:
I know we will have our day and I have no problem losing to a champion team in golden point due to a moment of Lockyer brilliance.
I have a problem with a genuine lack of respect shown to a fellow Queensland team who have done a fine and honourable job in their fledgling existance. All I say is, give us a fair go and to some of your contributors, stop shovelling so much shite on us, and please stop the turncoat shit, let it go, move on. We're paying our dues

Lack of respect? Nah.

See, I despise the Titans. My most hated team in the NRL. BUT in saying that, I want to see them successful. I love RL more than I love Brisbane, and I'm relishing the fact that we now have a real local rivalry. May your team taste success on and off the field for decades to come, but at the same time don't try and make me be nice to your players, fans and team as a whole when you come up against our might [icon_wink

For further reading, catch up on the feeling between the fans at Roosters/Souths, Parra/Manly, Parra/Dogs, Dragons/Sharks crowd for me, hey? Hate they neighbour, and don't cry about it FFS.

pennywisealfie said:
how many of you were like me and was 90% sure we would score as soon as lockyer brought the ball down, we've seen it so many times now in pressure situation, hes not only the greatest clutch player in rugby league, but hed have to at least be in the top 2 or 3 and probably the best clutch player in all of sports.

Beastwood is starting to become a fave of mine after some good performances

Stagg is pretty much a waste of time having there. hes an 80 minute tackling machine, thats it. he is crap with the ball. so when we have him coming off the bench, and he does **** all defensively as well, its just a wasted bench spot. one pj marsh or dave taylor could have.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought Stagg did some critical defensive work in the last 15 minutes of the game. I don't think we should be too hard on him - except when he's not in the forwards.

Think Sims and Clinton are improving each week - especially Clinton, and Parker still disappoints me for all his talent.

I (gulp) think Kenny is a good forward but nowhere near the powerhouse Taylor is - rather Taylor off the bench than Kenny. Kenny is solid but Taylor can be a match-winner - if he's used properly, especially running out wide and guided in his positional play by say Lockyer and Carroll.

Hodges? Mr Brain Explosion [eusa_doh

At the same time, are we really using him as a team player out wide, or are we letting him have his own way, trying to win a match single-handed?

Hodges seems to try the one-out stuff far too much instead of being part of a well structured backline movement.

In any case, the forwards are stepping up more and more up each week which is great, but IMO, we are yet, nowhere NEAR the Sharkies, Manly or Storm in terms of an 80 minute, well drilled defensive forward unit that just cuts the opposition attack to pieces up the middle and on the fringes of the ruck consistently WITH REAL VENOM.

Here's hoping the improvements just keep coming.

Yeah - and Lockyer is simply the greatest player I have ever seen. No-one comes close to him for his ability to read the play, and then make something out of nothing. AMAZING STUFF.

Hope he, Wallace and Ennis keep talking to each other and sharing the play-making - especially Wallace who has developed some nice mongrel in defence but still needs a little more creativity IMO in his attacking plays.

Stagg wasn't great, but I definitely saw him save a try in a one on one tackle on one or two occasions.

Alec said:
Stagg wasn't great, but I definitely saw him save a try in a one on one tackle on one or two occasions.

Yeah - I guess that's my point. What do you do with a guy who can make those critical one-on-ones when it counts? eusa_think

And BTW - is there anyone out there who thinks we would be where we are - like the game against the Eels, Raiders, Sharks, Titans, just for example, without Lockyer?

Any answers there Mr. broncospwn and fenomeno? Maybe Play Bennett as captain/coach [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

you all keep bagging hodges, ok his made some real dumb decisions this year but look what he is done for us over the last couple. Before you bag him remember his missed basically the last 10 weeks or so it will take him another couple of week to get him match fitness and hardness up ............lets see your comments on him then

rod78 said:
you all keep bagging hodges, ok his made some real dumb decisions this year but look what he is done for us over the last couple. Before you bag him remember his missed basically the last 10 weeks or so it will take him another couple of week to get him match fitness and hardness up ............lets see your comments on him then

We know he can play footy it is the brain explosions we are all worried about! The fans love Hodgo he is an exciting player but this season he has been mental.

rod78 said:

Hodges deserves all the bagging he gets, he is supposed to be a PRO footballer and he sucks up a nice chunk of our salary cap so the club and the supporters are entitled to expect a professional approach.

Injuries happen but Hodges is missing way too much game time from stupidity, arrogance or whatever you want to call it.

As good a player as he is he needs to earn the right to be considered part of the leadership group, the respect of his team, the loyalty of the clubs supporters and his pay cheque.

I had to put up with a Titans fan last night who had one of those clappers shaped like a hand. He was directly behind me and clapped it every time there was a penalty for or against and every little thing the Tits did.

When Eastwood scored the last try I turned and grabbed it from him and took great pleasure clapping it in his face. [icon_evillaugh

Lucky he was a good sport about it.

rnabokov said:
Alec said:

And BTW - is there anyone out there who thinks we would be where we are - like the game against the Eels, Raiders, Sharks, Titans, just for example, without Lockyer?

Any answers there Mr. broncospwn and fenomeno? Maybe Play Bennett as captain/coach [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

No, i don't care about Bennett, i want you to play as Captain/coach. Why take Bennett when we have you, you're way better, infact.....

You're well drilled.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • Morkel
  • FACTHUNT
  • Galah
  • Old Mate
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Manofoneway
  • The True King
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncosgirl
  • ivanhungryjak
  • MasterWright
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Mick_Hancock
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.