Broncos vs Titans - Pre & Post Game Discussion

I know we will have our day and I have no problem losing to a champion team in golden point due to a moment of Lockyer brilliance.
I have a problem with a genuine lack of respect shown to a fellow Queensland team who have done a fine and honourable job in their fledgling existance. All I say is, give us a fair go and to some of your contributors, stop shovelling so much shite on us, and please stop the turncoat shit, let it go, move on. We're paying our dues

Hey, this supposed "lack of respect" only exists north of Beenleigh ... I've spent the past 18 months completely immersed in Titans territory and the day to day runnings / development of this club ... and no matter what anyone will try to have you believe, this club and it's setup and it's following and it's future is all very much for real ...

There's nothing "flash in the pan" about the Gold Coast Titans ... They've got all the essential boxes ticked and the scarey thing is they're about to get a heck of a lot better ...

And as for the team itself, well as long as John Cartwright is the coach (and scott prince stays fit), you'll continue to watch an extremely well drilled outfit go through the process each weekend ...

Bull_Shark said:
I know we will have our day and I have no problem losing to a champion team in golden point due to a moment of Lockyer brilliance.
I have a problem with a genuine lack of respect shown to a fellow Queensland team who have done a fine and honourable job in their fledgling existance. All I say is, give us a fair go and to some of your contributors, stop shovelling so much shite on us, and please stop the turncoat shit, let it go, move on. We're paying our dues

Hey, this supposed "lack of respect" only exists north of Beenleigh .

except for me lol. cant stand the titans. although i do think they are a great sports club and all, i just hate them lol.

as for this bigjim who cant accept that the ref sucked, some of my best mates are titans fans, and even they were angry with how bad the ref was against the broncos.

it was very nice to hear all the booing loud and clear through the tv whenever something went against the broncos last night. definitely sounded like a pro-broncos crowd.

the calls were just that obviously one sided... and ony the dilusional cartwright thinks they were the better team and the ref apparently robbed them, when in fact cummins did everything but wear a titans jersey.....what more could cummins possibly do....?

Asides from two or three occasions (the Rogers try and early on with Delaney come to mind), our goal line defence was much improved from last week. We had multiple sets on the tryline in the first half and didn't crack.

How did Campbell not get MoTM? He was absolutely electricifying! We had 23 missed tackles last night and I reckon he was on the end of 20 of them!

Brett Delany, how crap is he? Early in the first half, he had a massive gap in front of him 5m from the tryline. All he had to do was run forward and he was frozen!

if we are to do anything in the finals wallace needs to step up, hes clearly lacking confedence and i noted when we had the upper hand in the 2nd half he could have thrown a cut out ball to boyd who would have been in the clear, instead he passed back on his inside to a forward... i think hes been intimedated by lockyer and doesnt wanna tread on his toes and take charge....

Great game, sheight ref, it's all been said.

When the Titans came into being I swore to myself that I would hate them, but I can't. I love watching the likes of Prince, Campbell steer this unpredictable team around. I like seeing the Broncos bury them even more.

Great effort from the boys. The shit reffing gave the Titans enough possession to put 20 on us in the first half. Great effort to only go into the break 8 points down and to come back from that - superb.

Ennis is really starting to come into some good form IMO. Becoming less determined to be a glory boy and realising what champion playmakers he has in his side. Showed last night he knows when to run. He had a ripper, hope he keeps it up!!!

BTW John Cartwright thought the Titans were the better side [icon_lol1.

Jebadude said:
BTW John Cartwright thought the Titans were the better side [icon_lol1.

He must be on the same drugs the Titans fans are!! Respect the Titans haven't even made the finals and they want instant respect. Why is this Titans fan posting here anyway?? Shouldn't he be in his own forum whinging about how they were the better side and the were robbed.

The defence in the first half was amazing. Tonie Carroll was back to his best, I'll deadset be in tears at the end of the year when he retires.

And Lockyer is God.

On a sour note.. Sims is a total powderpuff. I'd much rather have Taylor on the bench, he's a lot more damaging.

/ Broncos vs. Titans crap. It's Broncos HQ, any other team suck /discussion. Mow the actual game;

-Cummins....wtf?
- Kenny was close to the best forward on field. Orsm stuff.
- Clinton played very well as well. I give him as much as the next, but the last few games he has started to step up.
- Ennis. See what he can do when he doesn't get fustrated/big headed and go himself all day? He has got skills, and when he just sticks to running metres and feeding his pigs, we make metres.
- Hodges.....I said it throguh Origin (which is about the last time he actually played a game), but Tate was a better Origin player then him. Don't get me wrong, he's oozing with natural talent, but explain what he has actually done recently?? He was in second gear all night. I haven't seen the replays, but does he have anything to answer for the throw in the first half??
- Eastwood was solid as well.
- In fact, after some very oridinary performances, the last 2 weeks has shown our pack is finally improving. There seems to be marked increases in performance by all the pack....oh, except Oztag, who once again epic failed to break a wet paper bag yet alone a tackle.

- Why do they (read: Lockyer) choose to give Ennis a kick, from 35-40 metres out, into a big headwind?? That nearly lost us the game.
- Why, first set of Extra time, does Locky have an attempt from 40+ out? lolz. He just made it over the 10 metre line. Locky, who is immortal, has lost much power and distance from his kicking game post-op. I hope in future he realises his limitations.
- Wallace........fail.

In summary; pack gets a icon_thumbs_u , minus Oztag who gets [icon_thumbs_do . Hodges gets :| Lockyer _woohoo_ _woohoo_ _woohoo_ _woohoo_

Hammo said:
I haven't seen the replays, but does he have anything to answer for the throw in the first half??

Nah, he'll be right. The Titans guy was parallel with the ground the whole time.

But has Hodges not learned ANYTHING after that six week suspension? Next time he gives away a stupid penalty or niggles unnecessarily Bennett should just bench him straight away.

FMD Eastwood (or a deep Beeeaaaasssstwwwooooddd for anyone sitting near us) is really starting to get some consistency into his game. V.happy with how he is going considering we've only got a few weeks left with TC :cry:

Hodges is going to be the death of me. He just HAS to stop walking that fine line between being ultra competitive and being a grub. Don't get me wrong, I like how he plays - I just don't want to see our strike weapon sitting out 10 games a year because he can't stop being a knob.

Meanwhile, how good is Hunt? Safest and consistent player in the competition.

Cummins really shone for the Tits in the first half last night. Arguably the worst reffing I've seen and IMO we showed amazing guts to come out and win that match. Still, for everything else, Preston should've been man of the match. Amazing display from the little fella, brilliant to watch in full flight.

Overall, a great golden point win against the odds and against the ref with a great atmosphere generated by almost 40,000 people. Best birthday ever.

mick! said:
Hodges is going to be the death of me. He just HAS to stop walking that fine line between being ultra competitive and being a grub. Don't get me wrong, I like how he plays - I just don't want to see our strike weapon sitting out 10 games a year because he can't stop being a knob.

could not believe he picked up and dropped that player after he had passed the ball!! [icon_ee

When will other teams learn?! u never rush locky on a kick! he will tear u open

QUEENSLANDER said:

They had a massive dilemma - rush him, and he'll cut you up, or stand back and let him kick the field goal with ease. I'd hate to be in that position. _woohoo_

QUEENSLANDER said:

Lets hope they never learn. Lockyer = GOD

Unread

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Morkel
  • broncsgoat
  • Rookie Alan
  • theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Evander
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.