Broncos vs Titans - Pre & Post Game Discussion

fenomeno said:
rnabokov said:
Alec said:
Stagg wasn't great, but I definitely saw him save a try in a one on one tackle on one or two occasions.

And BTW - is there anyone out there who thinks we would be where we are - like the game against the Eels, Raiders, Sharks, Titans, just for example, without Lockyer?

Any answers there Mr. broncospwn and fenomeno? Maybe Play Bennett as captain/coach [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

No, i don't care about Bennett, i want you to play as Captain/coach. Why take Bennett when we have you, you're way better, infact.....

You're well drilled.

Why thank you!

You're pure class to see the bleedin' obvious!

Just as we will see in the finals what a well drilled side will do to us.

Want to lay odds against us v the Sharks, Manly or Storm?

I should fly up for Broncos games more often.

Flew up last year for the corresponding clash and it went to golden point which was finished off with Lockyer brilliance, and the same thing happened this year. [icon_lol1.

Referee was absolutely disgraceful, deserves to be demoted next weekend.

Delighted to see Joel Clinton score, he deserved that for all the hard work he's put in in these last few weeks, you could see what it meant to him.

I was sat in the second row from the back in aisle 640/641 or something, bloody fair walk to get there, deadset went up a million stairs. [icon_lol1. Was well worth it though. icon_thumbs_u

The defence was super dooper on Friday night! Great signs for the finals, especially against the better teams which are better attackers than the Titans.

How good is Locky? He is an absolute genius.

MOTM though was Ben Cummins, he was awful

So now Roosters sucked 'again' there's our opening into the 4 right? I don't feel sorry about the titans losing, even though they are a qld based side.

In fact before the game started i reckoned that if the titans win, then good, they can possibly get into the semi's and of course the Broncs would... two qld teams is better than 1 after all! So i was 50/50 about either team winning, of course first and foremost i'd prefer Broncs to win!

But with that SHOCKING attempt at refereeing, i started to get snide and pissed off, and said f! the titans! U Broncs smash em smash EM SMASH EM! :D :P And they did, see ya next year Titans. :-D

Pish, Titans were a 'Better' team? They were playing wth 1 extra player for the first full half!

What a great game....well great 2nd half and extra time. We were raped by Cummins in the 1st, and he wasn't a great deal better in the 2nd. How the **** Hodges was held I have NFI.
Lockyer is God, he is a genius and an absolute champion. I truly feel privileged to have seen him play live many times. Friday night was just brilliant though, he knew exactly what he was doing leading up to Eastwood's try. When I jumped up to celebrate I felt a strange euphoria surround me as I bounced around going mental. The same sort of feeling I imagine one would feel after sniffing Steve Price's jocks after a game of Origin.

rnabokov said:
Alec said:
Stagg wasn't great, but I definitely saw him save a try in a one on one tackle on one or two occasions.

Yeah - I guess that's my point. What do you do with a guy who can make those critical one-on-ones when it counts? eusa_think

And BTW - is there anyone out there who thinks we would be where we are - like the game against the Eels, Raiders, Sharks, Titans, just for example, without Lockyer?

Any answers there Mr. broncospwn and fenomeno? Maybe Play Bennett as captain/coach [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Wanna state the bleeding fucking obvious any more???
What would Bellamy do without cronk or smith? they certainly wouldn't win a grand final without on of them two there.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet but Presto played 43mins witha broken jaw. You gotta give it to him. He is one of the gutsiest players i have ever seen. You just got to love him.

Great effort from the little man ...

.. he is a true Champion !

broncospwn said:
rnabokov said:
Alec said:

Yeah - I guess that's my point. What do you do with a guy who can make those critical one-on-ones when it counts? eusa_think

Wanna state the bleeding **** obvious any more???
What would Bellamy do without cronk or smith? they certainly wouldn't win a grand final without on of them two there.

IMO, the Storm would still be incredibly hard to beat without either Cronk or Smith. Without both - hmmm, things would be tougher for sure.

However Lockyer is worth 2 Cronks and Smiths - take him out of our team now and IMO, we're not competetive at this end of the season.

Let's just agree to disagree, ok?

Holy crap! just reading through some stats and Preston Campbel made 21 tackle breaks [icon_ee .
Is there a typo there or is that true?

lyn said:
Holy crap! just reading through some stats and Preston Campbel made 21 tackle breaks [icon_ee .

I believe it. Every time he returned the ball he had tacklers falling off him.

lyn said:

Don't know but he also made the most metres of any player on the field by a mile (162) + 3 offloads.

Our total team off-loads were 4 for the match (Tits 19).

Great little player - especially with that broken jaw.

Alec said:
lyn said:

He probably ran back at Wallace every time [icon_razz1 , Wally makes Locky look like a tackling machine with his ineffective tackling since he came back from his injury during SOO

Russo said:
Alec said:
lyn said:

He probably ran back at Wallace every time [icon_razz1 , Wally makes Locky look like a tackling machine with his ineffective tackling since he came back from his injury during SOO

Geez I think just the opposite. The big forwards just keep running at Wallace all night and he just keeps coming back at them. Does really well to make the tackles that he does.

The one he missed on Campbell was a shocker yeh but he is often pretty effective stopping the big men that keep running at him.

Jebadude said:
Russo said:
Alec said:
lyn said:

Geez I think just the opposite. The big forwards just keep running at Wallace all night and he just keeps coming back at them. Does really well to make the tackles that he does.

The one he missed on Campbell was a shocker yeh but he is often pretty effective stopping the big men that keep running at him.

100% agree Jeb. I think he might have been a bit dusty too or it may have been masterful tactics, but Wallace was benched for the golden point period.

He was dusty alright. His AC joint got rattled senseless by that disgusting late, high hit from Harrison.

OK, it wasn't high and it wasn't really late, but we got a penalty for it anyway

Wallace has been carrying a few niggles for a while IMO. He just hasn't been at his best of late and I really hope he can step up a bit in the next 2 weeks to lead our charge to the finals.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Lurker
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • The True King
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morepudding
  • Johnny92
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Socnorb
  • Bucking Beads
  • barker
  • broncsgoat
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Matheos
  • HarryAllan7
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.