Broncos vs Titans - Pre & Post Game Discussion

lyn said:
Nah i can't remember it lol.
I like Taylor though.

I think everybody like him but he hasn't been living up to his huge potential. His fitness has a lot to do with it but he also doens't get much game time to improve his fitness.

This is why Taylor shouldn't be playing in the back row. He'll have much less room to cover in defence in the front row.

Great team!! Personally I think this is the best team we can field and if we can’t win with all of these guys in the one team then we don’t deserve to even be in the finals. A shame that Marsh misses out and I like Taylor a lot but he did make a couple of costly errors last week and I’m not exactly sure why he always seems to be the scapegoat. Still next year I’m expecting him to be full time in the front row.

Loving that backline :P Moon and Hodges in the centers, I hope it works, if not then shift Boyd straight back there and bring Manihera back.

Honestly though, I think this backline is safe and solid with plenty of strike out wide. It should be fine. Pity Taylor is missing out, I hope we don't lack impact.

Alec said:
This is why Taylor shouldn't be playing in the back row. He'll have much less room to cover in defence in the front row.

He was playing prop at the time. Its the only position Bennett will play him.
He had parker on his outside and it was a jointly bad effort by both of them. Parker commited himself too much and to his defence Taylor was caught up with the decoy runner but this is no excuse he should have made that tackle.

Scotty said:
Loving that backline :P Moon and Hodges in the centers, I hope it works, if not then shift Boyd straight back there and bring Manihera back.

Honestly though, I think this backline is safe and solid with plenty of strike out wide. It should be fine. Pity Taylor is missing out, I hope we don't lack impact.

Of course we won't lack impact. We have Parker's Pirouette's.

Last minute decision and i'm coming up for this game all on my lonesome.
rockon.gif

Extremely disappointed that Taylor is out. Don't think Stagg or Parker should be there myself.

Still, it's a much better team then the one we saw last week which SHOULD be well capable of beating the Titans.

That is probably the strongest 17 we can field, with the exception of possibly Taylor. I really hope we win, we need it to get back on track towards the finals and keep teams like the Raiders and Dragons behind us!

Moon needs to lift to justify his selection. Hope he does.

Jebadude said:
Moon needs to lift to justify his selection. Hope he does.

Agreed.

I'm thinking he'll be there moreso for his defensive capabilities than his attacking prowess though [icon_lol1.

Looking at the two teams, quite simply, there is no reason at ALL for us to expect anything other than a win. Really good side, we have to perform well here.

Prince Langer said:
Alec said:

He had parker on his outside and it was a jointly bad effort by both of them. Parker commited himself too much and to his defence Taylor was caught up with the decoy runner but this is no excuse he should have made that tackle.

It's a major problem with Taylor. He doesn't react. The defence outside him saw St George shaping for a wide attack and so were quickly sliding to defend it. Taylor had to react and go with them. He didn't.

Huge MF'n gap and Cooper strolled through on the inside ball.

These are the things that are wrong with Taylor. Fitness, yes, but that can be fixed easily enough with hard work. Reading a game and reacting to situations? That's something you either pick up or you don't.

You can argue that if he plays consistently in first grade he'll learn quicker, but at this time of year in this competition it's not the time to have a bloke with L plates on his arse.

Coxy said:
Prince Langer said:
Alec said:

It's a major problem with Taylor. He doesn't react. The defence outside him saw St George shaping for a wide attack and so were quickly sliding to defend it. Taylor had to react and go with them. He didn't.

These are the things that are wrong with Taylor. Fitness, yes, but that can be fixed easily enough with hard work. Reading a game and reacting to situations? That's something you either pick up or you don't.

You can argue that if he plays consistently in first grade he'll learn quicker, but at this time of year in this competition it's not the time to have a bloke with L plates on his arse.

But would you rather have Parker in the team?

For 80 minutes? Yes. I'd want him OR Stagg out there. As much as Parker has been failing to make an impact, he at least knows his role in defence. Ditto Stagg.

Taylor is fine for a bit of bench impact, but he has to go 100% for the entire time he's out there. And until he can put in 20 minutes at 100% and not show fatigue or lack of urgency like he did on that Cooper try he doesn't deserve a spot in the 17.

Coxy said:
For 80 minutes? Yes. I'd want him OR Stagg out there. As much as Parker has been failing to make an impact, he at least knows his role in defence. Ditto Stagg.

Taylor is fine for a bit of bench impact, but he has to go 100% for the entire time he's out there. And until he can put in 20 minutes at 100% and not show fatigue or lack of urgency like he did on that Cooper try he doesn't deserve a spot in the 17.

But what Parker's been doing for all of this season is a lot worse. Taylor was our best player last week IMO.

Each to their own. I thought Taylor had good moments and bad moments, as he has all season. Parker was average again, but he's consistent :P

This is all true but it's not the whole story. Parker was the outside man and he was marking Cooper. When Cooper tracked back up the inside, Parker didn't react and come outside-in. I guess it was good attacking play from the Dragons though, send a quick man into the gap between a lazy prop not covering the inside and the second rower who is wrong-footed.

In a defensive line if you're marking up from the outside in (ie, winger on winger, centre on centre etc) and your man steps inside, then while you should endeavour to tackle him if he's in reach, it becomes the responsibility of your inside man to be there too.

Yes, the Broncos were sliding too fast, including Parker, meaning they couldn't change direction on the inside ball, but if Taylor had been moving across he at least would've been in position to make a hit on Cooper.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • marw
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Organix
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.