Broncos vs Wynnum Manly Seagulls

LIVESTREAM YOUTUBE:

Wynnum trial team

LATE CHANGES: Te Maire Martin in, Tyrone Roberts (sick) out. Deine Mariner in, Ethan Quai Ward (leg) out. Gamble onto bench.

SEAGULLS SQUAD

Aaron Rockley
Bailey Hartwig
Ben Farr
Braden Whittaker
Brandon Jackonia
Caleb Daunt
Clayton Mack
Daine Spencer
Dredin Sorenson
EJ Lui
Ethan Malt
Felix Faatilli
Harrison Graham
Jack Bowyer
Jacob Sturt
James Robinson
Jayden Connors
Kalolo Saitaua
Kelepi Faukafa
Kyle Coghill
Lachlan Lee
Luke Bateman
Mathew Lyons
Matiu Love-Henry
Max Elliott
Max Plath
Nofoasa Malutoa
Ryan O’Keefe
Sam Scarlett
Sione Hopoate
Tom Farr
Tristan Hope
Sebastian Winters-Chang

11.15am: Harvey Norman Under 19 girls – Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Norths Devils
12.50pm: Cyril Connell Challenge – Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Norths Devils
2.15pm: Auswide Bank Mal Meninga Cup – Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Norths Devils
4pm: NRL trial match – Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Brisbane Broncos

STREAMING ON SEAGULLS TV (not on Fox/Kayo):

ALSO STREAMING ON FACEBOOK:

These preseason games will be broadcast on Fox/Kayo. In QLD time:

Feb 12, 7.10pm: NRL All Stars (also on Channel 9)
Feb 19, 7pm: Broncos v Titans
Feb 26, 8pm: Broncos v Cowboys

Other matches in AEDT. Subtract an hour for QLD:

6pm — Friday February 18: Roosters vs Raiders
8pm — Friday February 18: Tigers vs Sea Eagles
4pm — Saturday February 19: Storm vs Warriors
6pm — Saturday February 19: Rabbitohs vs Cowboys
4pm — Sunday February 20: Panthers vs Sharks
6pm — Sunday February 20: Eels vs Dragons
7pm — Monday February 21: Bulldogs vs Knights
6pm — Friday February 25: Sea Eagles vs Raiders
8pm — Friday February 25: Roosters vs Tigers
3pm — Saturday February 26: Warriors vs Titans
5pm — Saturday February 26: Panthers vs Eels
7pm — Saturday February 26: Rabbitohs vs Dragons
5.45pm — Sunday February 27: Storm vs Knights
7pm — Monday February 28: Sharks vs Bulldogs

Attachments

• Broncos-2022-Game-Web-Banner-720-x-180-px.png
    Broncos-2022-Game-Web-Banner-720-x-180-px.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 2,654
I personally think Reynolds will play this game but otherwise I’m looking forward to Jensen, Hoeter and Quai-Ward to play. I remember Jensen was so good in the trial last year when he versed us, lets hope we get that version of him.

So which game will he miss then?... because there is no way he plays 3 trials

Unless they are playing Te Maire and Roberts in the halves there is no point playing a bloke who isn’t playing 7 this season there in this game. It’s all about the combination not who’s the best player. Cause they are all just about neck and neck ability or competency wise so no point picking who’s better. I am almost certain Ezra and Reynolds will be the halves for this game and if it works out really well Ezra gets increased minutes in one of if not both other trials and if he doesn’t he will likely play reduced minutes and be out of the race.

I 100% agree with you on any normal trial game this would not happen but it is so much about combinations and with 4 genuine contenders 40 minutes alongside Reynolds each isn’t going to cut it when trying to earn a starting spot and probably isn’t overly fair on them to define there pre-season efforts in there first 40 minutes of football. You have to remember as well Reynolds needs to build combinations with other players as well being such an important role, player and signing.

If your worried about injury I don’t think you need to be he will literally direct and kick cause no way in the world would Kev or an interim coach for the game be telling him to take the line on if you have Ezra to run and create a spark. I completely get where your coming from and any other year I would 100% agree with you but this isn’t the same circumstances as every other year.

IIRC Adam said he's only down to be playing the third trial, but he's fine with playing them all.

Kevvie's unlikely to name the squad until Tuesday or Wednesday. Here's the squad from last year. Pretty much only Lodge & TPJ are top tier. Ironically, the second string halves he named turned out to be the ones left standing.

Cobbo played first half for WM, and second for the Broncos.

1. Reece Walsh (gone)
2. Richie Kennar (gone)
3. Jesse Arthars (gone)
4. Tesi Niu
5. Dale Copley (gone)
6. Tyson Gamble
7. Albert Kelly
8. Tevita Pangai Jnr (gone)
9. Kobe Hetherington
10. Matt Lodge (gone)
11. Keenan Palasia
12. Leivaha Pulu
13. Ethan Bullemor (gone)
14. Calum Gahan
15. Logan Bayliss-Brow
16. Isaiah Taas (gone)
17. Josh James (gone)
18. Brendan Frei
19. Xavier Willison
20. Selwyn Cobbo

Here's the team list for the second trial v NQ.
Note Milford and Staggs were injured.

1. Jamayne Isaako (going)
2. Xavier Coates (gone)
3. Jesse Arthars (gone)
4. Tesi Niu
5. David Mead
6. Brodie Croft (gone)
7. Tom Dearden (gone)
8. Patrick Carrigan
9. Jake Turpin
10. Matt Lodge (gone)
11. Alex Glenn (gone)
12. Jordan Riki
13. Tevita Pangai Jnr. (gone)

14. John Asiata (gone)
15. Thomas Flegler
16. Corey Oates
17. Ben Te'o (gone)
18. Cory Paix
19. Tyson Gamble
20. Richard Kennar (gone)

Jensen’s always been a beast outside of the NRL not sure why he never kicked on in first grade. Maybe one of the Q Cup experts on here have some good insight about it.

His work ethic is outstanding, he played NYC for the Cowboys but didn't get offered an NRL gig- went and played for the Blackhawks and worked his way to an NRL gig.

He was VC in 19 for Queensland was outstanding- big win but he scored a try with a few minutes to go- I always like that from forwards. Could be back on half way saying all good boys but still trying to get a hit up and add to the win.

He's like Capewell, he's gone the long way around so knows about hard work.

His work ethic is outstanding, he played NYC for the Cowboys but didn't get offered an NRL gig- went and played for the Blackhawks and worked his way to an NRL gig.

He was VC in 19 for Queensland was outstanding- big win but he scored a try with a few minutes to go- I always like that from forwards. Could be back on half way saying all good boys but still trying to get a hit up and add to the win.

He's like Capewell, he's gone the long way around so knows about hard work.
That’s all great to know and is in like with my thoughts but it still doesn’t explain why he never made a real crack at first grade before now? Victim of the cowboys awful team selections?

That’s all great to know and is in like with my thoughts but it still doesn’t explain why he never made a real crack at first grade before now? Victim of the cowboys awful team selections?

He has, 60 games is probably pretty fair, he's a hard working forward who plays 60 minutes. If he retires with 100 NRL games that will be more than fair.

He's always filled at the Cowboys too, JT13 breaks his hand, get Jensen to fill in for 10 weeks. McClean hurt, Jensen get fill it for 3 weeks. He's just dependable, honest and hard. Sometimes those guys jag 200 games but mostly they don't really.

I think he's at his level.

IIRC Adam said he's only down to be playing the third trial, but he's fine with playing them all.

Kevvie's unlikely to name the squad until Tuesday or Wednesday. Here's the squad from last year. Pretty much only Lodge & TPJ are top tier. Ironically, the second string halves he named turned out to be the ones left standing.

Cobbo played first half for WM, and second for the Broncos.

1. Reece Walsh (gone)
2. Richie Kennar (gone)
3. Jesse Arthars (gone)
4. Tesi Niu
5. Dale Copley (gone)
6. Tyson Gamble
7. Albert Kelly
8. Tevita Pangai Jnr (gone)
9. Kobe Hetherington
10. Matt Lodge (gone)
11. Keenan Palasia
12. Leivaha Pulu
13. Ethan Bullemor (gone)
14. Calum Gahan
15. Logan Bayliss-Brow
16. Isaiah Taas (gone)
17. Josh James (gone)
18. Brendan Frei
19. Xavier Willison
20. Selwyn Cobbo

Here's the team list for the second trial v NQ.
Note Milford and Staggs were injured.

1. Jamayne Isaako (going)
2. Xavier Coates (gone)
3. Jesse Arthars (gone)
4. Tesi Niu
5. David Mead
6. Brodie Croft (gone)
7. Tom Dearden (gone)
8. Patrick Carrigan
9. Jake Turpin
10. Matt Lodge (gone)
11. Alex Glenn (gone)
12. Jordan Riki
13. Tevita Pangai Jnr. (gone)

14. John Asiata (gone)
15. Thomas Flegler
16. Corey Oates
17. Ben Te'o (gone)
18. Cory Paix
19. Tyson Gamble
20. Richard Kennar (gone)

That's a lot of player churn.

I wonder if we will see any of the young brigade in the form of Mariner or Mozer in this one.

I know both are yet to turn 18 (both 17 I'm pretty sure) but for some reason i recall players playing early trials before they have tuned 18. Specially i thought Dearden played a trial at 17 as thats when all the hype started around him been so good and this "17 year old star of the future".

I'm sure someone in here will formally know the answer on if under 18's are eligible for pre season trials?

I wonder if we will see any of the young brigade in the form of Mariner or Mozer in this one.

I know both are yet to turn 18 (both 17 I'm pretty sure) but for some reason i recall players playing early trials before they have tuned 18. Specially i thought Dearden played a trial at 17 as thats when all the hype started around him been so good and this "17 year old star of the future".

I'm sure someone in here will formally know the answer on if under 18's are eligible for pre season trials?
Yeah Niu, Dearden and Coates all played trials as 17-year olds.

I don't think so, they've done nearly the whole pre-season one day a week, Mozer can't defend in the middle yet against men.

They both went on rookie camp this week and did really well so they're doing everything asked of them.

Honnery reporting in the courier mail that we are se to "unleash" boom backrower Zac Hosking in this trial.

he is on a train and trial contract and apparently trained with the suspected trial team today

team mates have likened him to Dallas Johnson

Honnery reporting in the courier mail that we are se to "unleash" boom backrower Zac Hosking in this trial.

he is on a train and trial contract and apparently trained with the suspected trial team today

Tell us more please. What's his pedigree, physical stats etc

Okay, stopped being lazy and found he's a struggler from the knights. Hopefully a late bloomer. Always good to see someone get a chance, sometimes it's just that they have to grow up a bit first before knuckling down to the task.

Okay, stopped being lazy and found he's a struggler from the knights. Hopefully a late bloomer. Always good to see someone get a chance, sometimes it's just that they have to grow up a bit first before knuckling down to the task.

WWOS article saying he was the NSW cup player of the year for the past 2 years.

he's only 24, so could be a bit like Kurt Capewell who was 22 when he made his debut for the Sharks.

although, we're pretty good in that department, so even if he wins a contract, he's likely to just be depth.

Brenko Lee

Zac Hosking has been good. He’s got a big future in front of him. He’s the sort of guy you need in your team, sort of like a Dallas Johnson. They just do all the dirty work and gritty stuff that no one talks about but guys like that are really big on the team."

“A bit like Dale Finucane. People don’t really talk about it but you need those guys and they’re the blokes you want to play with. They put their head where most people don’t put their feet. He’s got a big future here and if he plays some good games in the trial matches he’ll be pushing really well for a spot.”

“Everyone trains hard at this part of year and so they should. You never go into a season wanting to lose games or hit the bottom eight. At the end of the day, I don’t feel like there’s a team that should be rebuilding – you’ve got to try and win a premiership whenever you play and that’s what we’re doing here. Last year is last year and we’ve forgot about that. We want to start well and it starts with these trials."

“You’re kidding yourself if you say you don’t want to win a trial because once you put on a Broncos jersey, it means business. We’ve got to go out there and put your heart and soul out for the club.”

Mchunt

Active Now

• Justwin
  • NSW stables
  • Stix
  • Wolfie
  • thenry
  • Lazza
  • the_next
  • Spoon
  • Johnny92
  • Accept
  • Galah
  • Culhwch
  • Manofoneway
  • winslow_wong
  • mitch222
  • Allo
  • barker
  • GCBRONCO
  • azza.79
  • Foordy
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.