Broncos want Paul Green as Head coach

N

Nightwatchman

NYC Player
Aug 16, 2016
Broncos are rumored to be in the hunt for Paul Green.

I do remember reading a month or so ago that Kevin Walters may bide his time and refuse the Titans job. The thinking from some is that if Green does not take the Broncos job Walters will be the next in line for it. If Green does take the Broncos job, Walters will be favored for the Cowboys head coaching position both options are more appealing for Walters then the Titans coaching position.

Brisbane want Paul Green to replace Wayne Bennett as Broncos coach

THE Brisbane Broncos are showing an interest in Cowboys coach Paul Green, who comes off contract at the end of next season.

Veteran Wayne Bennett is under contract for another two seasons but Green is seen by club powerbrokers as a long-term Broncos coach.

Obviously the Cowboys will do everything possible to keep Green in Townsville.

They will need to pay up towards $1 million a season to retain him.

If Green decides to extend for only one season you can guarantee he’ll be at the Broncos from 2019.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...h/news-story/224880b0b142e3ad90f5208532583ed9

We'll see if he's in the running pretty soon. He will want to prepare for the 2019/2020 seasons by whinging about how the Broncos were screwed over by the refs this year.

Why is that? I think he is absolutely the best candidate and want him as I've mentioned before. Great man manager, excellent tactically, knows how to build a side and believe in themselves. He is basically seemingly like Bennett + tactical ability.

Absolutely. So what if he whinges a bit. Bennett isn't without his faults either.

Walters must have really insulted someone at the broncos, just can't catch a break.

Rothfield wouldn't know what club powerbrokers want...

He is talking shit as usual.

This is just his lame attempt to try and destabilize the club and Bennett.

Not relevant to us but seen a rumour Bellamy could be headed to the Gold Coast. Hate his teams tactics but there is no denying he is a great coach. I would love to have him here

Not relevant to us but seen a rumour Bellamy could be headed to the Gold Coast. Hate his teams tactics but there is no denying he is a great coach. I would love to have him here
agreed.

Our team needs toughening up.

We should be worried. He would know exactly what our powerbrokers' innermost thoughts are. He is, after all the 7th most influential person in RL.
ALERT! ALERT! Sarcasm identified! Sarcasm identified!

Cowgirls wont let him go it will soonly be announced that he will re-sign

At the end of the day it comes down to attitude, passion and team work If Wayne can't get that out of the boys no one will. There is enough talent across the paddock to win a premiership, just got to work on a few things which Wayne is more then capable of doing. Cowboy can keep Green.

Broncos are rumored to be in the hunt for Paul Green.

I do remember reading a month or so ago that Kevin Walters may bide his time and refuse the Titans job. The thinking from some is that if Green does not take the Broncos job Walters will be the next in line for it. If Green does take the Broncos job, Walters will be favored for the Cowboys head coaching position both options are more appealing for Walters then the Titans coaching position.

If Green were to coach the Broncos I'd say Demetriou would be favourite to coach the Cowboys, not Walters. He first got his opportunity under Green at NRL level (from Pride) and he successfully moved to St George and Brisbane - so Green is obviously giving him a good reference.

So with Green being chased apparently that would mean that JD hasn't exactly impressed. Or the club knows he's off to the Titans.... It's reportedly now between him and Madge.
Either way I'm not real excited, I was hoping JD was going to revitalise our attack and groomed for the top job.
I wonder what the **** Kevvie did wrong?

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • Gaz
  • Bish
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncorob
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  • Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  • Ejbroncos
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.