OFFICIAL Broncos winning the 2022 Comp

We had a horrible first half last week too. We seem to really struggle until we fluke 2 tries or so than the confidence grows and they run away with it.

We always seem to coincidentally start to play better as soon as Paix comes on. You’ll notice our entire first halves were terrible the last 2 weeks where Billy played 40 and 30 minutes in his opening stints. The week before that we struggled until the 20-odd minute mark when Billy went off.

I’m not saying Paix is an 80 minute player and I’m not suggesting Turpin. I’m just saying take Billy off no later that 25 minutes in. I can’t wait until Mozer is ready to play off the bench.
I think it's fine how it is with Paix atm, he still struggles for minutes and wasn't able to stay on for the whole game once he came on late in the 1st half against the titans, you put him on earlier and we will have a big period without him in the second.

It's definitely what looks to be the spark for our later game form, I thought while we where not the best against Newcastle in the first half, our defence was still there compared to this game where we really folded in the 1st half we haven't seen a team score on us that easy since the cowboys game.

I think the balance is fine though yes there is more pressure when your behind but there are plenty of teams that score early then fade, the ones that do the opposite in this game tend to be the real deal, and lets not forget we have scored over 30 points for 5 of those 6 games we have won in a row that's some serious attack we have.

We've shown that:

- We can start strong and blow teams off the park, while still being full of running at the back end;
- We can give up a lead but now have the confidence to STILL be full of running at the back end and come over the top.

Now, we can't do the latter against the better teams, they would put too many on us that we wouldn't be able to come back from. But, those are the games we tend to come out firing because the boys are up for the occasion. We tend to start slower against teams lower on the ladder...but now still show enough to get home.

I really like the way we're building, the confidence these young guys are getting here is immeasurable, especially after the last few years. We missed Reynolds terribly lastnight, with him on the park we are every bit a top 6 or even top 4 side.

Currently sitting 4th on the ladder and 4th for defence and 7th in attack.

@theshed where are the numbers now!?
Round 7:
2022:
Ladder: 9th
W/L: 3-4
Points for: 111
Points against: 150
Players used: 28
Avg loss margin: 18
Avg win margin: 11

2021:
Ladder: 15th
W/L: 1-6
Points for: 86
Points against: 193
Players used: 24
Avg loss margin: 21.8
Avg win margin: 24

2020:
Ladder: 15th
W/L: 2-5
Points for: 92
Points against: 209
Players used: 27
Avg loss margin: 25.6
Avg win margin: 5.5

Updating my opinion. I think we could rattle Panthers. Melb and Cowboys 100% can beat. We can be a contender for sure.

Agreed. I'm not even hesitating when backing us in tipping comps and I haven't been confident in doing that for years. The only teams that make me second guess right now are the 3 you've named.

End of the round, halfway mark of the season and we are officially a top 4 team.

What a turn around!

Screenshot 20220529 182755

We can actually get into 3rd at the end of this round.

IF the Titans can upset the Origin depleted Cowboys

We can actually get into 3rd at the end of this round.

IF the Titans can upset the Origin depleted Cowboys
Saw that. I've actually tipped the Tits as I think they may well have a great chance.

Paul Crawley has given us an A+ in his mid-season report card.

Only two other teams have got an A+ and they are Cowboys and Panthers.

Paul Crawley has given us an A+ in his mid-season report card.

Only two other teams have got an A+ and they are Cowboys and Panthers.
Bennett must have given him the ok to do it.. "I'm not coaching this year Paul, why are you calling me?"

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Fatboy
  • Dazza 92
  • Santa
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • Foordy
  • TimWhatley
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Brocko
  • MrMoore
  • Broncorob
  • cento
  • The Don
  • Shane Tronc
  • Evander
  • theshed
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.