OFFICIAL Broncos winning the 2022 Comp

7 out of our next 10 games heading into the finals are against other teams vying for a top 8 spot. Finals is totally in our hands this year and we arent at the mercy of other teams results falling our way.

Now let's hurry up and wait for origin to be over. Zzzz

Doing the numbers, I have us making the eight, and meeting the Cowboys in the second week of the finals. If we can roll them, we'll face Penrith in the semi. Penrith v Storm Grand Final.

7 out of our next 10 games heading into the finals are against other teams vying for a top 8 spot. Finals is totally in our hands this year and we arent at the mercy of other teams results falling our way.

Now let's hurry up and wait for origin to be over. Zzzz

Nah man, lets take our time and enjoy the good season (for the Broncos and possibly for QLD too) and positive discussion as long as we can.

Buzz has written today that we can't miss the finals this year.

he's spilt the comp into 3 divisions based on the current placings with 26 points being the cut off for the top 8.

basically says the current top 6 are "all but certain to make the 8"

his top 4 FYI:

Panthers
Storm/Cowboys
Cowboys/Storm
Eels

Doing the numbers, I have us making the eight, and meeting the Cowboys in the second week of the finals. If we can roll them, we'll face Penrith in the semi. Penrith v Storm Grand Final.
If the Storm happen to get drawn against Penrith in the finals I think the Riff will do them and then we'll do them in the GF. It will be a sweet revenge for our Reyno.

Buzz has written today that we can't miss the finals this year.

he's spilt the comp into 3 divisions based on the current placings with 26 points being the cut off for the top 8.

basically says the current top 6 are "all but certain to make the 8"

his top 4 FYI:

Panthers
Storm/Cowboys
Cowboys/Storm
Eels

I agree with this purely due to our current injuries. If we can get our players fit and fresh heading into the last 4 weeks of the season, that changes everything.

I agree with this purely due to our current injuries. If we can get our players fit and fresh heading into the last 4 weeks of the season, that changes everything.
The best judges are the real football experts, the BOOKIES!!!

They're picking Storm, Penrith, Cows, Sharks, Eels, Broncos as certainties for the eight.

I reckon they're correct.

Come finals time we will DEFINITELY BE FIRING AND FEARED.

Work Working GIF

Santa, make me feel better. Is 1st place still on?

Ok, time to reset our expectations a little for season 2022. 2 losses, but both away and against genuine top 4 teams (during a more affected origin period then we've been used to).

9 more games of the regular season. We should win all of them, but looks likely that we will now win the premiership from 4th. We play eels twice, so that should knock them out, and Sharks are going to lose the next 3 games. Us and the Coyboys to upset Penrith and Melbourne respectively in week one of the finals to set up a 2015 grand final rematch where we get our revenge!

Dragons (home): missing some players, but our spine to step up to win this. No Hunt too which will be good.
Titans (away): win, but expect Titans to step up a bit against us.
Eels (away): tough win, Eels are pretty hit n miss though.
Tigers (home): easy win. 100-0
Roosters (away): revenge win!
Knights (home): close, but we pull away at the end. Milford will step up though.
Storm (home): revenge win!
Eels (home): should win. Confident after beating the storm.
Dragons (away): win. We'll rest some players though.

Start looking out for finals tickets soon!!

Santa, make me feel better. Is 1st place still on?
Lol see above post. I forgot to calculate the affect of origin, and Reynolds having an off game. But we'll come good.

Ok, time to reset our expectations a little for season 2022. 2 losses, but both away and against genuine top 4 teams (during a more affected origin period then we've been used to).

9 more games of the regular season. We should win all of them, but looks likely that we will now win the premiership from 4th. We play eels twice, so that should knock them out, and Sharks are going to lose the next 3 games. Us and the Coyboys to upset Penrith and Melbourne respectively in week one of the finals to set up a 2015 grand final rematch where we get our revenge!

Dragons (home): missing some players, but our spine to step up to win this. No Hunt too which will be good.
Titans (away): win, but expect Titans to step up a bit against us.
Eels (away): tough win, Eels are pretty hit n miss though.
Tigers (home): easy win. 100-0
Roosters (away): revenge win!
Knights (home): close, but we pull away at the end. Milford will step up though.
Storm (home): revenge win!
Eels (home): should win. Confident after beating the storm.
Dragons (away): win. We'll rest some players though.

Start looking out for finals tickets soon!!
No no no **** that... re-read your crystal ball Santa old boy... cows out in straight sets

Rorters will put 80 on them in Nth Qld in week 2 of the finals to knock them out... the entirety of Nth Qld will start a civil war with Bondi and Politis will be ousted from Sydney to maintain the peace.... I've had a dream about it so I'm sure it will happen

No no no **** that... re-read your crystal ball Santa old boy... cows out in straight sets

Rorters will put 80 on them in Nth Qld in week 2 of the finals to knock them out... the entirety of Nth Qld will start a civil war with Bondi and Politis will be ousted from Sydney to maintain the peace.... I've had a dream about it so I'm sure it will happen
But Roosters ain't making the 8 this year....

I got

Panthers
Storm
Cows
Brisbane
Sharks
Eels
Dragons
Sea Eagles

Smokie being Souths in place of one of the last 3.

Our draw is honestly pretty weak, Parra will probably turn up for both our games but outside that only Storm are a strong team.

Look at Sharks, they have Storm, Cowboys and then Panthers for the next 3 games.

Our draw is honestly pretty weak, Parra will probably turn up for both our games but outside that only Storm are a strong team.
Hence why priority number 1 should be to just get the roster healthy.

Get through origin, get the rest healthy, give the origin guys a break somewhere and then see where we are at and reassess where we can land.

I feel even titans in Rd 18 after origin will be tough, because Capewell likely gets rested.... but Patty and Haas both need a rest as well.

The game is winnable though and if we dont beat the dragons then we will be absolutely desperate.

We need a good showing and a win against the dragons next week... a healthy run through origin and Paix back for the following week... and go from there.

Rd 19 is Parra away... probably a loss... give everyone that needs a break that week off.

Focus everything on Rd 17 vs Drags and Rd 18 vs Titans... Haas and Patty rested vs Parra (if we cant before that).... and then Rd 20 onwards everyone fit and firing again for the run home.

When Bellamy knows he's a chance of losing or his team is busted he just goes all out and rests everyone that needs one... he did it against the cows this year.

Papy was already injured, Hughes was 50/50, Harry was 50/50 (cant remember if rested or not though), etc. why bother sending a broken squad up to Nth QLD for a 50/50 game against a challenger when I can rest half the squad take the loss and use the game as research...go in as an underdog and see what my reserves have whilst also looking at a team I'll face in the finals and see how they want to try and beat me.

I think the same happened last year against Panthers... and in previous years against roosters

I got

Panthers
Storm
Cows
Brisbane
Sharks
Eels
Dragons
Sea Eagles

Smokie being Souths in place of one of the last 3.
Yea not sold on the Dragons yet. I reckon I Latrell stays healthy, South's will sneak in.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • GCBRONCO
  • thenry
  • Lozza
  • Allo
  • Jazza
  • Broncorob
  • john1420
  • Culhwch
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Aldo
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.