OFFICIAL Broncos winning the 2022 Comp

Something is brewing, you can see it on field with the team. They've found another gear and you can see there's still another gear or two to go.

This has shade of late 92 and 2006 about it. WB always used to have his teams timed well and coming home strong back end of the season for momentum. We are allowed to drop a game or two.

This team is up for it. We are a contender this year.

Something is brewing, you can see it on field with the team. They've found another gear and you can see there's still another gear or two to go.

This has shade of late 92 and 2006 about it. WB always used to have his teams timed well and coming home strong back end of the season for momentum. We are allowed to drop a game or two.

This team is up for it. We are a contender this year.

For sure. There is a reason the media is suddenly talking us up now. We just went to Parramatta and pulled their pants down at home without even (being allowed to) playing THAT well for a half. We STILL won both halves despite being absolutely reffed out of it in the second half. I think a number of other teams just got really scared at what we just did with STILL more ammunition to come, including Walsh.

For sure. There is a reason the media is suddenly talking us up now. We just went to Parramatta and pulled their pants down at home without even (being allowed to) playing THAT well for a half. We STILL won both halves despite being absolutely reffed out of it in the second half. I think a number of other teams just got really scared at what we just did with STILL more ammunition to come, including Walsh.
Our injuries and outs never get talked about in the media, but we did it last night without our fullback and hooker, (plus Herbie and Cobbo). Melbourne or the Roosters lose a few players and you hear about it all week.

Been a few years since we've seen a dressing room like this.

I loved Oates telling smith to go away, lol

one thing i found interesting the last couple of years has been the beer back in the dressing sheds.

I worked security at ANZ stadium for the Broncos games back in 2002 and there used to be eskys in the sheds full of beer... then they pretty much moved away from that to a dry dressing room with sports drinks replacing the beers. now the beer is back,

I loved Oates telling smith to go away, lol

one thing i found interesting the last couple of years has been the beer back in the dressing sheds.

I worked security at ANZ stadium for the Broncos games back in 2002 and there used to be eskys in the sheds full of beer... then they pretty much moved away from that to a dry dressing room with sports drinks replacing the beers. now the beer is back,

These guys are that fit, having a couple beers on game day wont hurt them. The mental value of being able to relax, enjoy on a high and kick back with your mates is far more important as a team IMO.

The Raging Top Bloke:

Gorden Tallis mingles with guests at the Queensland 2020 NRL Season Launch. Photo Lachie Millard

“I think they can win it. All you need is momentum. Penrith are out there in front, everyone is gunning for them, but I do think the Broncos can do it.”​
“They were whinging on how hard they trained, but it’s paying dividends. Pat Carrigan is growing, Tom Flegler is making an impact ... the Broncos have enough support in the forwards now where Payne Haas doesn’t have to make 20 hit-ups and he can be more explosive. I think they can be a threat for the title, when they get all their players on deck and they are playing well.”​

Such a likeable bunch of blokes too aren't they, I'm loving it! It's clear they're close as a group, too, there's some infectious personalities there and the balance within the squad really seems to be right at the moment.

I definitely feel like something is brewing for this team. Their physicality has gone up a few notches, their confidence is running high and I think the mental scars of the past few years are starting to fade a bit. These guys know even the top teams are not that scary, and it seems they have the belief in themselves now to know that they can mix it with anyone. There is no reason we can't beat any other team in this comp when playing to full potential. I feel like perhaps the general lack of experience in big games could be a factor this year - I'll be disappointed if we don't go deep into the finals this year but maybe winning the big dance might be just a bridge too far. Our premiership window is open as of this year though and I think after another preseason we will really be tough to beat next year (injury to key players aside).

Such a likeable bunch of blokes too aren't they, I'm loving it! It's clear they're close as a group, too, there's some infectious personalities there and the balance within the squad really seems to be right at the moment.

I definitely feel like something is brewing for this team. Their physicality has gone up a few notches, their confidence is running high and I think the mental scars of the past few years are starting to fade a bit. These guys know even the top teams are not that scary, and it seems they have the belief in themselves now to know that they can mix it with anyone. There is no reason we can't beat any other team in this comp when playing to full potential. I feel like perhaps the general lack of experience in big games could be a factor this year - I'll be disappointed if we don't go deep into the finals this year but maybe winning the big dance might be just a bridge too far. Our premiership window is open as of this year though and I think after another preseason we will really be tough to beat next year (injury to key players aside).
I think we can thank Chopper Burgess for that extra hard edge to the club this year…

Dunno if the Broncos can win the whole comp this season with so many young players in key positions, it all depends on how Reynolds holds up, he's the glue that will be keeping with inexperienced spine together. Whatever happens, its a big step forwards, hopefully they absorb as much knowledge as they can this season.

Dunno if the Broncos can win the whole comp this season with so many young players in key positions, it all depends on how Reynolds holds up, he's the glue that will be keeping with inexperienced spine together. Whatever happens, its a big step forwards, hopefully they absorb as much knowledge as they can this season.

I don't think finals will phase Mam, he might even go up a gear.

I don't think finals will phase Mam, he might even go up a gear.
I still feel like the whole team can go up a gear. Sure we are winning and are 100% guaranteed to win the premiership, but I am still waiting for that perfect performance.

I still feel like the whole team can go up a gear. Sure we are winning and are 100% guaranteed to win the premiership, but I am still waiting for that perfect performance.
Saving it for the big dance perhaps?

Saving it for the big dance perhaps?
Probably. Maybe bring it out early for week 1. Would be good to have the week off.

Also, comparing seasons after round 19 (I could wait till the other game we're finished to do this).

2022:
Position: 4th (probably)
Wins: 12
Losses: 6
F/A: 83

2006:
Position: 3rd
Wins: 11
Losses: 6
F/A: 76

Looks like a mini covid bubble could be on the cards for finals.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  • sooticus
  • eggstar10
  • Manofoneway
  • Socnorb
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.