Broncos withdraw offer for Hunt

I agree MJC, I'm sick and tired of every time something like this rears its head. It's always "Let him go, bring in a young fella". You know I can give you a list (and its really long) of young fellas played really well and had huge wraps on them and then............nothing............Hunt is a proven preformer for his club, state and country. Yes he is asking too much, but equally yes he is worth keeping, both parties need to be realistic and from what I've heard the Broncos have done their part. I hope Hunt remembers what happened to Civo and sees the light and stays.

Coxy when he signs somewhere else I'll believe he refused it, for all we know he could end up re-signing for less soon enough...

Comments like 'we must keep him' are ridiculous imo.

We have a cap. Hunt is no use in a team of nuffies which is exactly what you will end up with if you pay overs.

Frankly he is a good player, not a great one. I hope he either leaves or signs for less.

As for Petro, forget it. Look at the pace of the game now, a 35 year old forward? Give me a break!

The Rock said:
[quote="bob the Smasher":3s26e388]As for Petro, forget it. Look at the pace of the game now, a 35 year old forward? Give me a break!

Why not? He's still awesome this year, what makes you think he won't be as awesome next year?[/quote:3s26e388]

Civo and Price are the best props in the game.

In saying that I want us to make sure Dave Taylor is secured before we go after Civo

Burg said:
I agree MJC, I'm sick and tired of every time something like this rears its head. It's always "Let him go, bring in a young fella". You know I can give you a list (and its really long) of young fellas played really well and had huge wraps on them and then............nothing............Hunt is a proven preformer for his club, state and country. Yes he is asking too much, but equally yes he is worth keeping, both parties need to be realistic and from what I've heard the Broncos have done their part. I hope Hunt remembers what happened to Civo and sees the light and stays.
mjc said:
Coxy when he signs somewhere else I'll believe he refused it, for all we know he could end up re-signing for less soon enough...

Yup fair enough I suppose. Also, there is a murmuring he was waiting until Lockyer's contract is sorted before penning anything. Within a few weeks, Locky is going to be re-signed, I guess we will know very soon after that if Hunt is staying (where I honestly believe he belongs) at the Broncos.

bob the Smasher said:
As for Petro, forget it. Look at the pace of the game now, a 35 year old forward? Give me a break!

LOLZ. Have you even watched the last 3 rounds of footy? I now it's only round 3 however Civo (and that other ageless Warrior Price) has been one of the most consistent and best performers in the comp, let alone his team.

Barring injury, I reckon both will be massive again next year. The rumours are he's coming back in an agreement similar to De Vere. Frankly, I doubt he'd be asking much coin and a player of that calibre, maturity and experience is worth some coin, simply if others are training with him. He's a winner, that rubs off on a young team who in the recent times of ill discipline needs older heads around the club.

Hammo said:
The rumours are he's coming back in an agreement similar to De Vere.

So are these rumours based on any more than that you saw him in a Fish and Chips shop at Redcliffe with Henjak? icon_smile

FTR - I hope Civo does come back to the Broncos where he belongs.

I agree Civo finishing his career with Locky would be excellent for the club in particular our young forwards.

The Rock said:
[quote="bob the Smasher":9k33hqva]As for Petro, forget it. Look at the pace of the game now, a 35 year old forward? Give me a break!

Why not? He's still awesome this year, what makes you think he won't be as awesome next year?[/quote:9k33hqva]

Sure, now.

He wont be when he is off contract. How much will he want, does he still want his pay day?

Look to the youth or pay the price.

Flutterby said:
Hammo said:

So are these rumours based on any more than that you saw him in a Fish and Chips shop at Redcliffe with Henjak? icon_smile

Much more. PM and I can give you a bushfire of rumours

Hammo said:
Flutterby said:
Hammo said:

Civo has let it be known he would like to return to the Broncs to finish. As yet nothing has been done officially by either party.

Lets hope something can be done, he would be great to have around the club with all the youngsters coming through.

Hammo said:
Flutterby said:
Hammo said:

I'd like to hear these rumours. :oops:

Then send Hammo a PM, or wait until tomorrow - I'm sure he'll tell me at Oztag tonight.

Karmichael Hunt's close friends say the Brisbane Broncos star has had enough of the NRL, but that won't stop Penrith and the Bulldogs from trying to bring the former Test full-back to Sydney.

The latest interest comes as The Sunday Telegraph learned of Hunt's growing disenchantment with his profile and the perceived fishbowl existence of life as an NRL star in Brisbane. Those close to Hunt say he is "over" the NRL and simply wants out.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

Seriously I am so sick of this dragging on - just make a decision already K so everyone can just get on with things.

Over it

Just say that you are leaving.

Poor diddums.

If Hunt thinks coming down to Sydney, especially for the Bulldogs, is going to allow him to walk around in anonymity then good luck to him! [icon_lol1.

The media may forget him & concentrate on the others in the Bulldogs who get into trouble.

I'm kind of sick of Hunt now, he has been a good servant to the club but enough is enough. Now more than ever I'm shitty we lost Boyd and Kemp. We only have shit people in waiting at the moment, here's hoping Beale can provide.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • Brotherdu
  • Broncorob
  • Justwin
  • Wolfie
  • Lozza
  • GCBRONCO
  • upthebroncs
  • Fitzy
  • TimWhatley
  • broncsgoat
  • Sproj
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.