Broncos withdraw their two year offer to Greg Inglis

Jeba said:
If I become Prime Minister, player managers will be the first thing to go.

Pfft that is bullshit man. Most players good enough to have a manager go after them would be fucked when it comes to finances and sorting out legal shit and finding a club to play for. Some are a bit dodgy but the good ones have the best intentions of their client at heart, helping them sort out their future by giving them sound financial and investment advice or courting clubs for their services.

Wow, Souths are starting to get a little too arrogant for my liking.

I don't hate them like a few others (pretty much everyone!) on here, but they're not doing themselves any favours with the way they are acting.

ningnangnong said:
Wow, Souths are starting to get a little too arrogant for my liking.

I don't hate them like a few others (pretty much everyone!) on here, but they're not doing themselves any favours with the way they are acting.

They used to be the "soft spot club". Then they just never got better, and then Crowe came along, and is the biggest douche in the world, and now this. So yeah. It's been a long time coming.

http://thoroughlyrussellcrowe.com/onthi ... aug21.html

Rusty was beaming as much as the players after the game. But he took the niggle that had existed on the field a tad further when he took aim at the Roosters, who have signed Rabbitohs captain Ashley Harrison for next season.

"You know what, facts are facts, Jack," he said. "The way it is, is the way it is. Over time, the way business has been done by certain people will come out.
"I grew up hating Manly. I only just noticed through the course of this year that the Roosters have taken over from that.

"I don't mind Manly so much now . . . It's not that I don't like the Roosters, but chequebook rugby league isn't my style."

[icon_lol1.

I could have sworn Harrison played for another NRL side before he was playing for the Rabbitohs and I'm pretty confident he didn't head to Souths for their premiership contender status at the time :P Just a hint of hypocrisy in there don't you think [icon_lol1.

The difference between Us and the Roosters is we still have plenty of Souths Juniors running around in our team. Atleast 8 in the first grade squad. With more in the top 25 and feeder teams.

The premierships and grad finals are another big difference too. [icon_razz1

I hope they spend all of Crowe's money fighting the cap, and lose.

Je$ter said:
Pfft that is bullshit man. Most players good enough to have a manager go after them would be **** when it comes to finances and sorting out legal shit and finding a club to play for. Some are a bit dodgy but the good ones have the best intentions of their client at heart, helping them sort out their future by giving them sound financial and investment advice or courting clubs for their services.

^^^^ This. I have had to deal with a number of player managers over the years and while there are the odd one or 2 I wouldn't spit on if they were on fire, most of them work bloody hard and do a good job - it's just (like pretty much everything else) the really good ones that have no whiff of dodginess about them are not the ones that the media like to talk about so most people have a really negative image of all player managers based on what they hear in the media about the dodgy ones. And let's face it, some of the player managers aren't helped by the actions of some of their clients a lot of the time.

ANTHONY MUNDINE claims Greg Inglis is a victim of tall-poppy syndrome because of the involvement of himself and actor Russell Crowe in convincing the Test superstar to join South Sydney.

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.
Get over yourself already Mundine.

''The opportunity he has - not just on the rugby league field but off it - as far as being an indigenous role model and an ambassador for certain organisations and companies … no other club can do that but South Sydney because of their history with indigenous Australians.

Oh spare me. The Broncos have always have very strong programs working with indigenous communities and GI was to have pretty much the same ambassador role if he signed here. I also know the Cowboys too have have strong community indigenous programs and am pretty sure a lot of other clubs do as well. Souths are not the be all and end all when it comes to indigenous programs (or anything else for that matter).

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugby-l ... 18le3.html

Mundine needs to be put down.

His dad should have pulled out. The pure fact that he's more than a stain in the carpet is too much to deal with.

Remember, Mundine has a fight this week, so he needs to be in the headlines.

Also Mundine is just protecting one of the bruddas

Nashy said:
Mundine needs to be put down.

His dad should have pulled out. The pure fact that he's more than a stain in the carpet is too much to deal with.
^^^^ THIS

If Souffs start fighting the salary cap, I'd support them 100%. The salary cap is a much greater evil than the Rabbits.

Yep, them win so we can go out and buy Farrell and Taylor off of them. icon_thumbs_u

Flutterby said:
ANTHONY MUNDINE claims Greg Inglis is a victim of tall-poppy syndrome because of the involvement of himself and actor Russell Crowe in convincing the Test superstar to join South Sydney.

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.
Get over yourself already Mundine.

[quote:5cjgrdm9] ''The opportunity he has - not just on the rugby league field but off it - as far as being an indigenous role model and an ambassador for certain organisations and companies … no other club can do that but South Sydney because of their history with indigenous Australians.

Oh spare me. The Broncos have always have very strong programs working with indigenous communities and GI was to have pretty much the same ambassador role if he signed here. I also know the Cowboys too have have strong community indigenous programs and am pretty sure a lot of other clubs do as well. Souths are not the be all and end all when it comes to indigenous programs (or anything else for that matter).

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugby-l ... 18le3.html[/quote:5cjgrdm9]

The only reason Souths have anything to do with the Aboriginal community is becasue they are based in the shit hole that is Redfern. Just because their nyc team has a Jersey with some Aboriginal art on it doesn't make them the only club with ties. Cowboys ties are very strong with ties in the Cape and NT, and no doubt every club would have some kind of indigenous program going on.

In other news. The 'man' is fighting some nuff bag who won a contest on a tv show. LOLZFIGHTINGGOODBOXERSFAIL.

Schubert Steps Up GI Probe as Rejected Deals Revealed

The NRL has revealed it rejected two third-party deals the Broncos hoped to register for Inglis outside their salary cap. One was a deal with Channel Nine, believed to be about $50,000 a year for three years. Another was an arrangement with the Queensland Former Origin Greats where Inglis would act as an ambassador, travelling to aboriginal communities and be paid from monies provided by the federal government to promote indigenous employment.

Schubert ruled that both contracts were negotiated at the time the Broncos lured Inglis from Melbourne to Brisbane. An NRL spokesman said: ''Deals with Channel Nine and FOGs were both submitted by the Broncos, who were told they would both go in the cap as they performed part of the negotiation. Ultimately, the Broncos agreed with that.''

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 18srs.html

Unread

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Porthoz
  • Astro
  • UP DA BRIZZY BRONX
  • Justwin
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.