Broncos withdraw their two year offer to Greg Inglis

ivanhungryjak said:
Mention Turners name to Titans fans and see the reaction you get.

This.

I know a few Titans fans and they all say that, despite Turner turncoating them being a good result in retrospect, he is a dog.

I agree with most about Inglis being a dog and the reasons given, but it takes two to dance, and Souths management are as much of a dog as Inglis is, for going after a player that was already commited to another club.
So as far as I'm concerned, Souths are a pile of manure. :evil:

The fact that it's Inglis and affects the Broncos makes it worse obviously, but the same goes for the Turner/Titans/Storm saga.

The Lewis affair is different in my view, because it was his current club fighting to keep him, although he obviously shouldn't have committed himself too early...

audragon said:
I agree with most about Inglis being a dog and the reasons given, but it takes two to dance, and Souths management are as much of a dog as Inglis is, for going after a player that was already commited to another club.
So as far as I'm concerned, Souths are a pile of manure. :evil:

The fact that it's Inglis and affects the Broncos makes it worse obviously, but the same goes for the Turner/Titans/Storm saga.

The Lewis affair is different in my view, because it was his current club fighting to keep him, although he obviously shouldn't have committed himself too early...
The Lewis affair is a whole different piece of cake. When players sign before round 13 for a contract for the next year they have the right to renege on the agreement if they choose to remain with their current club. This is to basically give the club who made the player(or even if they didnt..) a final chance to keep the player. Souths signed Lewis knowing full well he had the right to go back on his contract at any time before completion of round 13 if that is what he wanted.

The same goes for any Broncos player who sign with another club before completion of round 13 this year, they have the chance to renege on the agreement if they want, which is why you will notice almost all clubs now don't make any signings until after round 13 for the next year. I don't even think a single signing was made this year before round 13 for this very reason because they go through all the drama and promotion after signing a player but if that player changes his mind then it all goes pear shaped from there.

I agree about the Lewis affair being different to the Inglis saga, however i keep hearing Rabbitohs fans comparing the two like it is some sort of justice.

I have heard from a few (some fairly credible, some not so much) sources that it was Wayne Bennett that encouraged Souths to go after Inglis. If this were true, it leads me to one of 2 conclusions:

1. Bennett is coming home and doesn't want to have Inglis at his club; or

2. Bennett is going to be coaching at Souths as of 2012. Souths have made no secret of the fact that John Lang is gone at the end of 2011 and have even publically stated that the money they are using for Inglis is money that they had "put aside" for use by their new coach when he is signed - but if they have been in talks with Bennett and he has told them he'll come, well it would make sense to use that pot of money to chase Inglis if Bennett suggested they sign him.

Of course I have no 100% concrete evidence of any of the above - but as I said, I've heard some things.

I would hate for Bennett to go to Souths, simply because the souths fans I know are knobheads and them actually being a potentially successful club would do my head in. It's amazing that such a shit club can have such arrogant fans.

Scotty said:
I would hate for Bennett to go to Souths, simply because the souths fans I know are knobheads and them actually being a potentially successful club would do my head in. It's amazing that such a shit club can have such arrogant fans.

Just look at the titans

NRL asks Souths Sydney to 'please explain' about Greg Inglis deal

GREG Inglis's desired $1.8 million move to South Sydney remains in jeopardy after the NRL yesterday issued a formal "please explain" memo to the Rabbitohs over the third-party deals underpinning their proposed deal.

The latest development leaves the Rabbitohs continuing to face the sobering reality their 2011 salary cap forecasts will be blown – despite club statements arguing they won't need to shed any players to keep their superstar recruit.

After receiving Souths' contract draft last Friday, NRL auditor Ian Schubert is already alarmed and has sought finer details on the elaborate external deals absent from Souths' initial short-form version tabled on November 15.

The NRL has requested to sight additional paperwork to justify the series of deals Souths intend to use to prop-up Inglis's base salary of just $190,000.

"We've asked for more information on the third-party deals," NRL boss David Gallop confirmed last night.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5962935535

The Lewis situation was completely different in that after he signed with the Bunnies his partners father (?) was diagnosed with cancer. Understandably he made a decision that it would be better for the family if he was closer to home.

Jeba said:
ivanhungryjak said:
Mention Turners name to Titans fans and see the reaction you get.

This.

I know a few Titans fans and they all say that, despite Turner turncoating them being a good result in retrospect, he is a dog.

fkn c*nt.

Flutterby said:
I have heard from a few (some fairly credible, some not so much) sources that it was Wayne Bennett that encouraged Souths to go after Inglis. If this were true, it leads me to one of 2 conclusions:

Wayne appears to like the idea of being a part of the history of the big clubs.
Easts, St George and Souths ( rumour ) - It doesn't get much bigger than that.

Maybe he could link with the Newtown Jets and get them re-instated.

That would really wuther his heights.

Raw Boned Youngster said:
Flutterby said:

Wayne appears to like the idea of being a part of the history of the big clubs.
Easts, St George and Souths ( rumour ) - It doesn't get much bigger than that.

Maybe he could link with the Newtown Jets and get them re-instated.

That would really wuther his heights.

Yep he likes the idea of coaching clubs with a proud history of winning but are currently doing no good. Bringing them back to the top. Sounds like we're a shoe in at the broncos icon_thumbs_u

Apparently Timana Tahu wants time off till February, so the Eels have made enquiries about Inglis' availability.

ningnangnong said:
Apparently Timana Tahu wants time off till February, so the Eels have made enquiries about Inglis' availability.

The Eels have said they were originally told not to bother, but if the NRL say that some of the 3rd party deals with Souths need to be included under the cap, then Souths will have to decide if they move players on to get Inglis or they tell Inglis to move on, so Parramatta could be a possibility.

I also did hear a rumour today that Tahu wants to go to the Knights for next season.

Foordy said:
ningnangnong said:

The Eels have said they were originally told not to bother, but if the NRL say that some of the 3rd party deals with Souths need to be included under the cap, then Souths will have to decide if they move players on to get Inglis or they tell Inglis to move on, so Parramatta could be a possibility.

I also did hear a rumour today that Tahu wants to go to the Knights for next season.
lol! Who's head was it that he tried to take off this year against the Knights? McManus, De Gois, pretty much every one else eusa_think

Here comes that karma we were talking about...
THE NRL will reject South Sydney's contract with Greg Inglis if the superstar is listed as receiving significantly less than $300,000 under the salary cap.

and it gets even better ...
Schubert's investigation into Inglis's contract has widened to include other player contracts at the club and the association between sponsors and the club's celebrity owners, actor Russell Crowe and businessman Peter Holmes a Court.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...gets-tough-on-inglis-deal-20101203-18jsx.html

As much as I still hate the way the Broncos were dogged and the way Inglis (and to a lesser extent Souths) has conducted himself. Unfortunately in the long run it will be the game of RL that loses out in the long run. If Inglis can't get an NRL contract registered he will still rake in big bucks from ESL or Union, while we will lose one of the best young players in our game. And the ramifications it has on keeping future stars in the game. Ultimately the Salary Cap needs a major major over-haul if it's going to stay in place in any form.

Also interesting it is a Souths fan who is demanding answers

Schubert's probe follows a letter from a South Sydney fan who has demanded the NRL provide an explanation of how the club can afford to fit one of the world's best forwards, Sam Burgess, Kiwi hooker Issac Luke, Bronco recruit David Taylor and Inglis inside the cap.

Schubert's probe follows a letter from a South Sydney fan who has demanded the NRL provide an explanation of how the club can afford to fit one of the world's best forwards, Sam Burgess, Kiwi hooker Issac Luke, Bronco recruit David Taylor and Inglis inside the cap.

Anyone here send the letter & pretend to be a Souths fan. [icon_lol1.

Unread

Active Now

• Alec
  • Aldo
  • YeahNahMate
  • Xzei
  • NSW stables
  • DrGee
  • FACTHUNT
  • Allo
  • Dreaglor
  • Locky24
  • Financeguy
  • BroncosAlways
  • IceWorks
  • Redfern_1980
  • Wolfie
  • Foordy
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.