Broncos withdraw their two year offer to Greg Inglis

Awesome, very happy to hear this. He's a dog, what goes around comes around.

As for taking him back, not even for free, he can get fucked, we don't need scum like him at our club.

I'd love to see GI play AFL. At 108 kgs.

Who ate all the pies!?!?!

I am not happy to hear this (re AFL possible move). Yeah I'm still pissed about the way he went about reneging on the Broncos deal, but I'd still prefer to see him playing in the NRL.

And surely he could afford (financially) to sit out a year if he truly is that passionate about staying in League. Do what other people do - sell one (or both) of your houses. And the boat and other things I am sure he has. And surely if these third party deals were not reliant on him playing for souths (as the rabbitohs are trying to claim but not wanting them counted under the salary cap) then he could start working for these particular companies right away - so poor didums will still get a paycheck for the year.

Fozz said:
I'd love to see GI play AFL. At 108 kgs.

Who ate all the pies!?!?!
[icon_lol1.

Seriously, he doesn't have the aerial ability of a Izzy Folau. even though he has a good kick. He'd never get the ball! [icon_thumbs_do

I couldn't care less if the fat fucker pisses off to another code. He's scum.

Flutterby said:
I am not happy to hear this (re AFL possible move)

It's like the Andrew Johns story who was thinking of going to Union. (it's a fairytale, it's not true)

It's to make the NRL shake in their boots & give him what he wants.

Flutterby said:
I am not happy to hear this (re AFL possible move). Yeah I'm still pissed about the way he went about reneging on the Broncos deal, but I'd still prefer to see him playing in the NRL.

And surely he could afford (financially) to sit out a year if he truly is that passionate about staying in League. Do what other people do - sell one (or both) of your houses. And the boat and other things I am sure he has. And surely if these third party deals were not reliant on him playing for souths (as the rabbitohs are trying to claim but not wanting them counted under the salary cap) then he could start working for these particular companies right away - so poor didums will still get a paycheck for the year.
Yeah right... A guy that reneged on the Broncos the way he did for a few dollars more would sit out a season? [icon_ee

Besides, he has to earn now all the money he can, because that’s all he can do. It’s not like he can fall back to any sort of alternate career… [eusa_doh

Air Traffic Controller maybe?

"Sorry bro, you can't land. It's raining."

audragon said:
Flutterby said:

Yeah right... A guy that reneged on the Broncos the way he did for a few dollars more would sit out a season? [icon_ee

Besides, he has to earn now all the money he can, because that’s all he can do. It’s not like he can fall back to any sort of alternate career… [eusa_doh

like brain surgeon ...

audragon said:

Yeah well that was kind of my point - I guess I didn't get it across very well. I don't for a second believe he would consider sitting out a season - I was basically having a go at the news article saying he couldn't sit out a season for financial reasons and I was just trying to point out that if he feels as strongly about staying in league as he says he is and sitting out a season is the only way then financial considerations shouldn't come into it.

Oh and adding to one of the previous posts.
GI at 108kg playing AFL [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

I'll 'ave the lot. In a bucket. With eggs on top.

Nashy said:
I'll 'ave the lot. In a bucket. With eggs on top.

Sorry sir but we are all out of eggs and we can't send them by airmail because of the rain.

Crocker, Ben Lowe and Champion are free to look else where apparently.

Big Pete said:
Crocker, Ben Lowe and Champion are free to look else where apparently.
Out of those 3 I would miss Ben Lowe the most, Champion 2nd and more then happy to see Crocker move on.

Should've just moved Roy, Rhys and Crocker on.

Lowe's a good club player and Champion is a decent prospect, makes me sad to think they're getting the shaft for a player like Inglis.

Big Pete said:
Should've just moved Roy, Rhys and Crocker on.

Lowe's a good club player and Champion is a decent prospect, makes me sad to think they're getting the shaft for a player like Inglis.
A player like Inglis? Besides all the shit the Broncos have had with him. If he gets back to his more fitter days and stays injury free and he could return to his freaky best and be the thing that this team needs.

On the players you suggest on getting rid off.

People are quick to attack Roy but besides his really bad knee injuries, he has always come back and led the way. I just don't feel he is captain material. But we are light enough already on front row forwards, we can't afford to not have Roy, even more so if our injury list gets as big as 2010.

Rhys might be old and not as fast as we was but he has the safest hands at the club. We don't really have any young players up to fullback either at the moment. The closest prospect IMO is Josh Mansour/Dylan Farrell and they need atleast another year in NYC or Prem League to get bigger and get experience playing against men. People suggest Merritt but I don't think he is a confident player at fullback.

Crocker is the least I'm worried about. Great player and plenty of heart. Just the injuries and the hot head has been his downfall. We really haven't gotten the value out of him.

Unread

Active Now

• Gaz
  • scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.