Broncos withdraw their two year offer to Greg Inglis

I meant a player with an attitude like Inglis.

Easy solution with Wesser, flog Inglis in the offseason and have him play fullback. Not only will you get more value out of Inglis but it bodes well for the team.

Fair enough on Roy, but you're really not getting your money's worth on him. Probably worth keeping him around for a year before cutting him loose.

Surprised they're willing to let Ben Lowe go.

The Rock said:
broncospwn said:
Oh and adding to one of the previous posts.
GI at 108kg playing AFL [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

108kg? You mean 118Kg.
[icon_lol1. Even worse. Good luck playing in the AFL at anywhere near that weight range.

ningnangnong said:
Surprised they're willing to let Ben Lowe go.

agreed! Shame the Broncos have backrowers coming out of their ears, he's not much use to us.

I heard that Crocker was going to the Eels. This was last week sometime.

The Rock said:
Nashy said:
I heard that Crocker was going to the Eels. This was last week sometime.

Haha. They've definitely won the race for the most amount of has-beens recruited in any one season.
They won that race a long time ago, now they're only making it impossible to be topped. Seriously if I was an eels fan I would be losing it, so many has-beens recruited in one off-season, unbelievable.

Is it the "Great" Paul Osbourne behind these deals or the "Must Have" coach Stephen Kearney?

Crocker is easily their best signing he was excellent late in the season once he came back for the Rabbits, having said that it says a lot when an injury prone 30 odd year old is your best signing.

In hindsight, it seems even if Inglis was going to sign with the Broncos that their would be a lot of issues with the third party deals and I don't think he would have played next year anyway.

It's a real shame that the NRL is driving this guy out of the game. Sure you can say he's greedy or whatever, but if people are willing to pay the 3rd party money they should be allowed to market themselves to make it.

Je$ter said:
In hindsight, it seems even if Inglis was going to sign with the Broncos that their would be a lot of issues with the third party deals and I don't think he would have played next year anyway.

It's a real shame that the NRL is driving this guy out of the game. Sure you can say he's greedy or whatever, but if people are willing to pay the 3rd party money they should be allowed to market themselves to make it.

If Souths and GI's manager had followed the rules regarding 3rd party agreements, then there would be no problem. from what i have read Souths sourced these 3rd party deals, making them required to be included under the cap. If GI's manager had gotten them without the input of South Sydney, then they would be cap exempt and there wouldn't be a problem.

Crocker was awesome...for one match. After Origin 1 09 he really started slowing up.

Je$ter said:

How are the NRL exactly "driving" him out of the game. They are applying the rules that EVERY player/club are subjected to...

Je$ter said:

The Broncos had been consulting with schubert & gauci for months so it would be registered cleanly once it was submitted, all that was left was for inglis to honor his word. Souths took a different, somewhat arrogant approach.

Foordy said:
If Souths and GI's manager had followed the rules regarding 3rd party agreements, then there would be no problem. from what i have read Souths sourced these 3rd party deals, making them required to be included under the cap. If GI's manager had gotten them without the input of South Sydney, then they would be cap exempt and there wouldn't be a problem.

His manager wasn't involved in the 3rd party deals.

The NRL claimed yesterday Souths had negotiated third-party payments for Inglis without the knowledge of his manager Allan Gainey

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/south ... 5973353047

Seems like GI is stuffing his manager around.

I bet Khoder Nasser will be his manager very soon.

Ghibli said:
Je$ter said:

How are the NRL exactly "driving" him out of the game. They are applying the rules that EVERY player/club are subjected to...

Restricting the income he can earn.

Don't get me wrong a salary cap is vital or 75% of the clubs in the NRL would die, but there needs to be some leniency in terms of 3rd party arrangements. I cna't think of any other sport that restricts what players can earn when payments aren't made by the club or the clubs sponsors.

On the contrary. On this occasion it's when the NRL's rules SHOULD be kicking in. If it's true that Souths negotiated these "third party" arrangements, then of course they should count under the salary cap! They're not "third party", because his CLUB negotiated them. That's the whole fucking point! Some clubs are better connected than others to get corporate deals for their players.

I hope Inglis is driven out of the game and I hope he languishes in something he's miserable doing for 12 months and then comes begging the NRL to give him another chance. Hopefully it shows him some humility. Because he's an egotistical **** the way he's carried on.

Can we please take Beau Champion... hes rad :)

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.