Bulldogs in the Hunt for Ben Hunt

U

uji

QCup Player
Mar 16, 2008
Berrick Barnes was a pretty talented youngster we let go, and he has been quite successful... In saying that we had every reason to at the time with our situation, and in view of his recent career choices, maybe he woulda gone chasing the coin sooner rather than later anyway.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I would never get rid of Peter Wallace to keep smith and hunt lol, are you guys crazy? Lets not forgot that Wallace is still pretty young and has already proven himself to be a star.

However, if we could get thurston, id be ok with letting wallace go.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Nope for what Thurston would want id rather Smith/Hunt or Wallace. With Locky Set to retire we should keep 2.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
uji said:
Berrick Barnes was a pretty talented youngster we let go, and he has been quite successful... In saying that we had every reason to at the time with our situation, and in view of his recent career choices, maybe he woulda gone chasing the coin sooner rather than later anyway.

My brother is pretty good mates with Berrick and let me tell you - Berrick's heart was always more in Union than League. He was never going to stay in league with the Broncos or anyone else long term.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I would take Wallace over Thurston. He would be half what Thurston would be on and we could afford a decent 5/8 (like Smith) with the cash we would save.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
The last time I heard something about a player "serving his apprenticeship" we had the marvels of the Walker brothers. Do we have to go there again? :x

Wallace to remain 7 with Hunt moving to 6 or vice versa - either way, strong future in the halves.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
The Bulldogs are becoming the next Roosters.

Trying to buy a premiership.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
are we the first club the Bulldogs look to when the need to recruit a player :roll: I suppose we should take it as a compliment that we keep producing these players. but there needs to be some incentive for clubs to develop players otherwise only a few clubs will do it and thats not a good thing IMO.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Wallace might have a few regrets with Penrith fielding a much stronger team this year. Pretty sure he could see himself playing behind the much improved pack they have this season. Best thing for Wallace though is to keep his name up in lights and that'll surely happen in Brisbane. Playing for the Broncs is a fast track for any NSWelshman wishing to play Origin or Australian rep games.

Players get noticed up here.....pretty sure no-one mentioned Wallace as a potential rep player until he got noticed up here. Actually , I watched every Penrith game closely when Wallace was mentioned as one of our new recruits but did already know about him as he'd been an absolute stand-out leading up to his signing with the Broncs. He is a purely class player and I hope he remains in Brisbane.

Some people are mis-informed if they think the Broncs made Wallace. He came ready-made and complimented Lockyer and we'd be much poorer for his absence. I hope he moves to 5/8 when Locky( in his own good time) retires although I think the Broncs have many options in the halves.

Well done Ivan and your boys, great start to the season.still wish Benny was here

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Benny Who? he was getting old and stale in his coaching and left Brisbane at the right time imo.

T

Treefrog

U18 Player
Nov 11, 2009
In some ways I am a little annoyed that Smith is associated with the Broncos now as Hunt now has fight three other people for a spot in the squad. I really hope he has a brilliant career and if it means he has to leave the club I am happy enough to see him go but I would much rather see him be a bronco for the whole length of his career.

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • mrslong
  • phoenix
  • eggstar10
  • Lostboy
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • Old Mate
  • Robboi_321
  • Behind enemy lines
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.