NEWS Bulldogs reject Storm SOS for Addo-Carr to return home

Is David Nofoaluma's move to Storm effective immediately? I mean does he miss our game?

I'd love for the NRL to now come out and say, "sorry, you don't have the salary cap space for a player of Nofoaluma's value"

won't happen, but a man can dream

Well I guess the good news now is that the Tigers are all square with the Storm, so now no one owes them anything at all.

Wait I thought this was a joke, is Nofo seriously going to Melbourne for the rest of the year? WTF?

One of the best wingers in the game for like 8 weeks salary cap cost? What a fucking rort.

Wait I thought this was a joke, is Nofo seriously going to Melbourne for the rest of the year? WTF?

One of the best wingers in the game for like 8 weeks salary cap cost? What a fucking rort.
It's absolutely ridiculous... integrity of the comp is in the gutter if this shit continues.

With the pro rata application of the salary cap the Aug 1 deadline is about 5 weeks to the end of the season and 9 weeks to the GF if they go the whole way... so 9.6% - 17% of the year.

We also know that you can spend up to 95% of your cap and anything left over can go to next year... for a $10m cap that's $500k spare.

On this stupid pro-rata system that $500k is equivalent to $2.9m-$5.2m in equivalent cap space if you can keep a hold of it through to Aug 1.

Why can storm go after Douehi??

Even if he's on $650k/yr, that's equivalent to $112k if you win the GF.

**** even Ponga's $1.2m salary is only $207k to the GF.... Kalyn fucking Ponga for $200k.

That'd be like grabbing JT in his prime for the back end of the year, but only paying for Jordan Pereira.

It's absolutely ridiculous... integrity of the comp is in the gutter if this shit continues.

With the pro rata application of the salary cap the Aug 1 deadline is about 5 weeks to the end of the season and 9 weeks to the GF if they go the whole way... so 9.6% - 17% of the year.

We also know that you can spend up to 95% of your cap and anything left over can go to next year... for a $10m cap that's $500k spare.

On this stupid pro-rata system that $500k is equivalent to $2.9m-$5.2m in equivalent cap space if you can keep a hold of it through to Aug 1.

**** even Ponga's $1.2m salary is only $207k to the GF.... Kalyn fucking Ponga for $200k.

That'd be like grabbing JT in his prime for the back end of the year, but only paying for Jordan Pereira.
Yeah maybe we should pick up JAC and Burton to round up the year for 300k. Seems totally fair.

Freaking NRL man, this whole regime just ticks me off no end. It is almost like they go, hmm what would be the absolute worse decision we can make right now in terms of (insert ANY decision here) and turn our fans away? Let's do it!

It will take a lot of convincing from someone to prove to me Vlandys isn't the worst thing to happen to rugby league other than the Super League in Australia ending.

although i'm not sure it will happen, if we pick up Walsh we can't really complain too much

Active Now

• heartly87
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Culhwch
  • broncsgoat
  • RolledOates
  • lynx000
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • Fozz
  • Hoof Hearted
  • GCBRONCO
  • azza.79
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.