NEWS Bulldogs reject Storm SOS for Addo-Carr to return home

Plus it's Melbourne, I'll find any half reason to bag that shit hole of a club even if it's hypocritical 😛

I retract my previous comment, because **** the Storm

although i'm not sure it will happen, if we pick up Walsh we can't really complain too much

Walsh will be ours permanently though. He’s just an early arrival, not a temporary gun pickup like Nofo and TPJ (although he was released and could move clubs if he wanted) for a team that is challenging and then will go back or to a different club the year after

Freaking NRL man, this whole regime just ticks me off no end. It is almost like they go, hmm what would be the absolute worse decision we can make right now in terms of (insert ANY decision here) and turn our fans away? Let's do it!

It will take a lot of convincing from someone to prove to me Vlandys isn't the worst thing to happen to rugby league other than the Super League in Australia ending.

It's got nothing to do with the current NRL- Gasiner did it at the Dragons in 2010 for less than 100k and played 12 games.

What's the answer no moving clubs/releases after round one?

It's got nothing to do with the current NRL- Gasiner did it at the Dragons in 2010 for less than 100k and played 12 games.

Need to go back to at least June 30 cut off, or a minimum 6 month salary for transfers at the very least. Getting someone like Nofo for a reported 130k is absolute insanity and makes a mockery of the salary cap.

What's to stop us from having a trade agreement with the Titans and getting Tino for 200k to finish the season? I'd love that but it would be really unfair on every other team.

I'd rather it not happen but how about if you had to pay the remaining portion of the player's current year salary, plus a small percentage of the following year's salary regardless of whether they are playing for you or another team.

That works then to limit it to moves where the player has already signed for the following year. Otherwise you have to be all in for that year to give up future cap space.

Whilst v'landys is in charge, I dont see this circumstance changing any time soon.

I think he will be of the position "well, the people I speak to on the street want the best players in the league playing finals football."

So again continuing to damage the substance of the game to appease these "people on the street" he apparently talks to.

Need to go back to at least June 30 cut off, or a minimum 6 month salary for transfers at the very least. Getting someone like Nofo for a reported 130k is absolute insanity and makes a mockery of the salary cap.

What's to stop us from having a trade agreement with the Titans and getting Tino for 200k to finish the season? I'd love that but it would be really unfair on every other team.

People complained about this happening June 29 too.

Nothing is stopping it, but why would the Titans do it. Teams can say no, something isn't unfair if you can say no and anyone can do it.

I have never understood why League is so against no transfers- why can't you have until round one to sort your 30 out and then nothing after that until the day after the Grand Final.

Whilst v'landys is in charge, I dont see this circumstance changing any time soon.

I think he will be of the position "well, the people I speak to on the street want the best players in the league playing finals football."

So again continuing to damage the substance of the game to appease these "people on the street" he apparently talks to.
I raised this as a joke before but I could see a concept that when it comes finals time - the top 8 get to chose 1 player from their reverse order bottom 8 counterpart. This way the games superstars are guaranteed to play finals regardless of where their team sits.

For example, let’s say the season finishes with the current ladder positions:

1st Panthers get 1 player from 16th Tigers

No idea who the tigers have that Panthers could want

Cowboys / Titans: eg Tino
Sharks / Knights: eg Ponga
Broncos / Warriors: Walsh lol
Storm / Bulldogs: eg Burton

Imagine dropping Ben Hunt into the Rabbitohs come week 1 of the finals

Melbourne were always going to land someone, they are just too ruthless to not make it happen.

Needs to be stamped out imo

Didn't Gasnier sign a multi-year deal though and then 'retire'? Wasn't some rule bought in after that to stop it happening again as well?

Typical Storm… exploiting the rules to the full and to hell with the spirit of the game, imagine being a Dogs supporter and watching JAC fill in for the Storm. it’s disgraceful behaviour.

Typical Storm… exploiting the rules to the full and to hell with the spirit of the game, imagine being a Dogs supporter and watching JAC fill in for the Storm. it’s disgraceful behaviour.

I still can't believe they tried it on. Depth players, sure. Players who are in and out of the squad and seemingly on the outer, like Nofoaluma, I don't really like it but ok. JAC though, **** me dead.

Very different situation, in fact this example proves why it is a problem and something that up until now the NRL did want to stamp out.

Like @Sproj said, the drama was that he signed for at least another year as well on good coin, so the "cheap" deal the Dragons got for him for those few games was somewhat justified in that, averaged out, they would be paying market value for him over his duration.

When he retired early, there was a massive huff that they got an elite player for **** all money, right at the important time of the season. Coming so soon off the Storm dramas, the NRL said it should not happen, and they have been enforcing "market" value on all contracts since, notable examples were when Souths with a straight face tried to sign Inglis for $190k, and the Eels tried to sign Folau for something similar.

But now, I don't know why, because it's the Storm I guess, all of a sudden there is no problem in the NRL's opinion when a top side brings in an elite player (and Nofo is legit elite) for the top end of the season on what will be way below market value. When it has been very clear that in the past that this would not be acceptable and goes completely against what the salary cap is supposed to do.

Active Now

• cento
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BruiserMk1
  • Johnny92
  • bert_lifts
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.