Bulldogs vs Souths

Lets be honest Graham is a grub.

He will try anything to win. Remember he bites players.

The actions from some of the Bulldogs fans are going to really tarnish the image of the Bulldogs fans in general which is very disappointing. I happen to be friends with a couple of Bulldogs fans and I dated one a few years back.

Hasler sounded so sincere when he apologised about the fans behaviour. Said no one ever.

Phil Gould was saying it he was entitled to charge the kick down and it shouldn't have been a penalty ...

I wonder if he would have said that if it was a QLD or Broncos player that did what Graham did...

actually we don't have to wonder, because i recall him blowing up deluxe when Steve Price used to charge down kicks a similar way

Well he's right. He is entitled to charge the kick down and Reynolds delayed the kick until graham
Was already committed.

It shouldn't have been a penalty

He attacked the legs of a kicker, mid-kick. It's a penalty. Doesn't matter that there was no intention to injure the player, I'm sure 90% of the time when a player lands on his head from a lifting tackle the defender would be going in for a regulation tackle.

Graham's conduct was unacceptable, Bulldogs should have gotten a penalty for the Morris push though, and had their captain not gone off like a rabid dog the refs might've been more inclined to give it.

He didn't attack the legs he was charging down a kick.

If that is attacking the legs we might as well stop running in this game, who knows what could happen if you trip and fall into another player

Gotta disagree. Graham didn't need to dive that low. Anything that low around the legs is definitely a penalty.

He dived to stop the ball, he probably should have reversed gravity so he didn't fall to the ground but hey everyone's human

Well he's right. He is entitled to charge the kick down and Reynolds delayed the kick until graham
Was already committed.

It shouldn't have been a penalty

Also does Graham abuse Adam Reynolds around 20 secs in.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was an absolute dogs breakfast.

I think the penalty call was correct. It was unfortunate, but you can't take out a players leg when he kicks. It doesn't matter what the circumstances are, it's a consequentialist deal. Did you take out his legs? Why yes sir I did. Penalty

But the kick should have been further out.

And I've got to say, I love James Graham, he's been one of the best players in the game for the past three years but the way he treats referees is terrible. Players have to show more respect and can't mouth off in the fashion that they do. Now, if it was an isolated incident, I'd be completely understanding. But the way he went on during the Luke try and the blood bin was ridiculous.

Klemmer had an awesome game, he really impressed me but the guy needs to keep his mouth shut. He's only 21/22 years old, know your role otherwise you're out of my fantasy NSW Origin line-up. :laugh:

Bulldogs need to cop a fine.

Whoever king hit that Souths fan needs to be locked up. That is absolutely disgraceful - it's only a game FFS.

And maybe [MENTION=1992]Huge[/MENTION] will get his wish. Souths aren't looking too good now are they?

Klemmer had an awesome game, he really impressed me but the guy needs to keep his mouth shut. He's only 21/22 years old, know your role otherwise you're out of my fantasy NSW Origin line-up.

That will teach him to shut his trap.

Again, where's the specific rule that says what happened is a penalty?

Graham had committed to diving for the ball, which is perfectly legal before the kick is made. Section 15(j).

The injury is really unfortunate, the fans going crazy at the stadium are idiots, and the fines will be deserved, but that was not a penalty.

Again, where's the specific rule that says what happened is a penalty?

I can't be arsed going through the various rule-books and guidelines.

Archer was quized on it on RLW TV. He said that the contact cannot be considered late, high or dangerous. Now, it's entirely up to your view of dangerous contact but to me, a tackle that causes a player to suffer a lateral ligament tear in his knee is most certainly dangerous.

I'd also consider it late as well.

Intent doesn't matter.

It didn't matter in Round 1 when the Knights player accidently kneed the Warriors.

It didn't matter in 2012 when Hoffman socked Bailey in the face when he was trying to knock the ball loose.

The fact is, Graham committed to a charge down very early, lost control and ended up seriously injuring the opposition halfback in the process.

If we're using that interpretation, Reynolds didn't deliberately delay his kick - Graham just dived way too early and very recklessly.

It was an absolute dogs breakfast.

I think the penalty call was correct. It was unfortunate, but you can't take out a players leg when he kicks. It doesn't matter what the circumstances are, it's a consequentialist deal. Did you take out his legs? Why yes sir I did. Penalty

But the kick should have been further out.

And I've got to say, I love James Graham, he's been one of the best players in the game for the past three years but the way he treats referees is terrible. Players have to show more respect and can't mouth off in the fashion that they do. Now, if it was an isolated incident, I'd be completely understanding. But the way he went on during the Luke try and the blood bin was ridiculous.

Klemmer had an awesome game, he really impressed me but the guy needs to keep his mouth shut. He's only 21/22 years old, know your role otherwise you're out of my fantasy NSW Origin line-up. :laugh:

Bulldogs need to cop a fine.

Whoever king hit that Souths fan needs to be locked up. That is absolutely disgraceful - it's only a game FFS.

And maybe @Huge will get his wish. Souths aren't looking too good now are they?
Not sure which wish which was mentioned ( try saying that three times ha ha ) in your quote you're referring to BP :question::question::question:

Wow what a game and what an incident after the match.

To be fair the Bulldogs did deserve to win that match. They played great and monstered us. I thought they got a lot of favours with their wrestle but that is going to be inconsistent all year.

I am fine with the 8 point try though I thought it should be from Kasiano's knee compared to Morris's boot.

The penalty is what it is, it was the right call and I didn't see it as I was following the flight of the ball. To be honest, I would rather he just ran the ball and we loss the match over losing Adam.

Also I originally thought Millard pushed Morris but I would it again and think Rona pushed Millard and this pushes Morris.

In regards to the rules. I think the rule 15 is more intended for players who are kicking at the line who try to kick as getting tackled.
Adamvsgraham.jpg

As per my photo above, it shows the starting point of Adam's kick. In no way has Graham put his hands up. So that rule can't protect Graham.

So the other rule for protecting kickers has to come into effect.

Oh and we walked past the Souths guy on the floor on the way out. First aid around him and had the foil blanket on. Cops were talking to 2 Bulldogs supporters against a guard rail.

I know Souths fans have done stupid shit towards the ref after a match and I never condoned it then. Yet there seems to be a lot more aggression in the way this happened. Another one that was not seen or talked about, was about 10 Bulldogs "fans" that ran across 4-5 bays to yell (someone said they spat) at the Souths player that went up a different tunnel to try and avoid them. If you know ANZ like I do. They were sitting in bay 131-133 and ran to the rails at the tunnel at 127. I only saw them start running from around 132.

Last edited:
Not sure which wish which was mentioned ( try saying that three times ha ha ) in your quote you're referring to BP :question::question::question:

Cronulla have a chance now!

No more sufferin'

In regards to the rules. I think the rule 15 is more intended for players who are kicking at the line who try to kick as getting tackled.
Adamvsgraham.jpg

As per my photo above, it shows the starting point of Adam's kick. In no way has Graham put his hands up. So that rule can't protect Graham.

So the other rule for protecting kickers has to come into effect.

Why shouldn't it protect Graham? He was already diving for the ball before Reynolds kicked it. He was already committed to the charge down.

Also I originally thought Millard pushed Morris but I would it again and think Rona pushed Millard and this pushes Morris.

I watched the replay on Fox & that's what happened.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Manifesto
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncsgoat
  • Jazza
  • Lozza
  • Bish
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Spoon
  • FACTHUNT
  • Organix
  • Aldo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.