OFFICIAL Bullemor hatches plot with other club and is gone

Because in the current game, a lock isn't a 3rd prop anymore. Carrigan has no ball playing skills, and he actually blunts the attack in the red zone. He is a prop, possibly a pretty good one.

Not all teams have a genuine ball playing lock, those that don't are more than happy to have a work horse forward in that position instead, they don't just fall off of trees.

How do you know Bullemor is a ball playing lock? you couldn't say he is based on what he has shown us.

Not all teams have a genuine ball playing lock, those that don't are more than happy to have a work horse forward in that position instead, they don't just fall off of trees.

How do you know Bullemor is a ball playing lock? you couldn't say he is based on what he has shown us.
I never said Bull was a lock, and he isn't. Bullemor is an ideal bench prop at the moment in the current game.

Let's see how Carrigan goes when it's not just him and Haas doing the work. He may even need to be coached to pick his moments. The rest of the forwards are starting to step up now so I am hoping to see Carrigan to his potential.

A1FF91D9 F742 41C6 BDFB 0EC3A5569A88

Walsh may well be overrated at this stage, he hit a wall big time in the 2nd half of the season.

Walsh may well be overrated at this stage, he hit a wall big time in the 2nd half of the season.
Its not too surprising for an 18 year old rookie. Him and Sam Walker are still definitely the two most exciting players this year.

Its not too surprising for an 18 year old rookie. Him and Sam Walker are still definitely the two most exciting players this year.
Sure, it's entirely expected, but that doesn't take out some of his poor form either.

I dont think anyone has said any of those things in the context you are posting them.

In regards to the whining about Bullemor leaving, if he wanted to stay, he could have and he would have. Nobody forced him out, we didnt shop him around behind his back. In fact, its more than likely its the other way around. He clearly had this deal ready to go, approached the Broncos and we were happy to release a player who clearly wasnt committed to playing for Brisbane.

As good as he possibly could be with what he can offer, we havent seen him really demand selection with his performances. I really like him as a player and as @1910 said he does offer us something we dont have, but i dont think we will miss him. He been ok for the most part but nothing exceptional.

I really liked Bullemor but loosing him before we ended up paying him a bigger contract is good. He could of stayed and got a bigger contract for 23, 24, 25 and then pissed off somewhere else and because we paid bigger money for him we end up losing both Bull and one of Haas. Piakura, Riki, Robati, Willison, Carrigan guys who wanted to be here but he didn't have enough coin.
Bringing a player like James in to fill the Bullemor bench role who you will get 1 or 2 seasons from and then don't need to upgrade you keep your guys. Its about the bigger picture
He had a contract and didn't want to stay those guys do.

My point in response to what I THINK you're trying to say is, IMO, two players with NRL experience on 300k - even if they're depth signings - bring far more to the squad than paying less for the equivalent spots on the roster so you can afford to pay extra to one player.

The second that one guy goes down plus another, all of a sudden you don't have the cattle. You need your depth to have a shed of quality about them whereby you can still maintain a competitive edge all year round when injuries strike.

You need 30 players. If the money is far more evenly dispersed across every player, you have a stronger roster.

Your point to "paying a guy 300k and he'll probably only perform like a bottom dollar player" is a poor assessment. That's how the club found their way into the mess they're in now. Having youngsters and rookies as the only depth then we move on all the senior players cause they weren't working, suddenly the depth is your starting 13
Fran Healy What GIF by Travis

So I would like to know how in this salary cap world where teams are only allowed to talk about contract values for seasons where the player is off contract (ie 2023 for Bullemor), how can Bullemor present an offer to the Broncos for 2022 unless he has been talking figures with Manly without getting consent from the Broncos to do so.

Also it would seem all the talk that occurred from Matterson walking out on the tigers for a bigger deal disappeared... otherwise Bull's first year at Manly should be the $200k or so that he's on at the Broncos... but I daresay he's pocketed himself a $400k plus deal starting next year.

Salary cap and contracts within the NRL a joke as usual
He’s not studying advanced economics for no reason.

I’ve been banging on about it since his debut (I know, what a talent scout I am 🤣🤣), but I am most excited about Cobbo.

Opposition coaches have already started to figure out both Walsh and Walker, and there is only so long that their high-risk plays can come off before their luck runs out.

Cobbo is big, strong, tough, quick enough and smart. I genuinely think he’ll be in Origin within 3 years. There is just something about him. Seems the sort of player that has that something about him that you can’t coach. He’s the type of player that will get better the bigger the stakes too.

I hate the comparison, but it’s true that he’s got all the attributes like Latrell.

Except Cobbo is not a chubby grub.

I’ve been banging on about it since his debut (I know, what a talent scout I am 🤣🤣), but I am most excited about Cobbo.

Opposition coaches have already started to figure out both Walsh and Walker, and there is only so long that their high-risk plays can come off before their luck runs out.

Cobbo is big, strong, tough, quick enough and smart. I genuinely think he’ll be in Origin within 3 years. There is just something about him. Seems the sort of player that has that something about him that you can’t coach. He’s the type of player that will getter the bigger the stakes too.

I hate the comparison, but it’s true that he’s got all the attributes like Latrell.

I keep saying, he is far more Gagai but with a touch of Hodgo about the way he plays.

Cobbo is big, strong, tough, quick enough and smart. I genuinely think he’ll be in Origin within 3 years. There is just something about him. Seems the sort of player that has that something about him that you can’t coach. He’s the type of player that will get better the bigger the stakes too.

In my eyes opposition coaches gave Walsh and Walker a free pass. Both weigh 80kgs dripping wet and are built like a f**ing giraffe yet teams flat out refused to pressure them in attack, aim a big man at them or even lay a semi late shot on them to welcome them to first grade.

I genuinly couldn't stand watching roosters and warriors games due to the sheer stupidity of tactics against those two blokes.

Not at all relevant to this thread, im just glad you made the point about them being figured out (which teams can thank us for, especially for figuring out Walker).

In my eyes opposition coaches gave Walsh and Walker a free pass. Both weigh 80kgs dripping wet and are built like a f**ing giraffe yet teams flat out refused to pressure them in attack, aim a big man at them or even lay a semi late shot on them to welcome them to first grade.

I genuinly couldn't stand watching roosters and warriors games due to the sheer stupidity of tactics against those two blokes.

Not at all relevant to this thread, im just glad you made the point about them being figured out (which teams can thank us for, especially for figuring out Walker).
I think I noticed about 3 or 4 weeks in a row where warriors conceded a try through Walsh because they lined a forward up on him on the goal line... so he definitely became a target for opposition teams

Agree on Walker though. Broncos showed everyone the game plan, but no one really targeted him.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.