OFFICIAL Bullemor hatches plot with other club and is gone

What if Bull wouldnt re-sign for anything less than $450k??
Then sign players that cost less than Brenko Lee and Jordan Pereira.. These two signings are useless.. Even if we would have saved only 50 - 100k by doing so.

I struggle to fit Brenko or Pereira into my starting 13 for next year.

Turpin's contract is too big if it's anything over minimum wage.

Then sign players that cost less than Brenko Lee and Jordan Pereira.. These two signings are useless.. Even if we would have saved only 50 - 100k by doing so.

Fortunately mate I doubt anyone at Red Hill cares about your starting 13.

Some players signed / re-signed ahead of Bullemor...

- Corey Jensen
- Brenko Lee
- Jordan Pereira
- Jesse Arthars
- David Mead
- Jake Turpin

🤮

The difference between those players and Bullemore is that THEY WANT TO BE HERE ... BULLEMORE DIDN'T.

and as far as I'm concerned ANY player that doesn't want to be here can go.

Well.... You don't fit them into your 13, you fit them into your 30.

I think you're severely missing the point of "depth" signings. .

You need a 30 man roster to win a premiership.

Look at the roosters

and as far as I'm concerned ANY player that doesn't want to be here can go.
Then what's the point of a contract?

The difference between those players and Bullemore is that THEY WANT TO BE HERE ... BULLEMORE DIDN'T.

Maybe he wants to be where everyone knows (how to spell) his name.

Well.... You don't fit them into your 13, you fit them into your 30.

I think you're severely missing the point of "depth" signings. .

You need a 30 man roster to win a premiership.

Look at the roosters
This isn't news to me. We're probably paying 300k for a depth player that will give the same performance as a bottom dollar player. I think Bullemor was one of our best and most promising forwards.. I had him second next to Haas.. We can just let time do it's thing and watch Bullemor grow into an Origin and International rep player. Shame he won't be at the Broncos when that all unfolds though.

This isn't news to me. We're probably paying 300k for a depth player that will give the same performance as a bottom dollar player.
No idea what you're talking about

We WERE paying a million for a first grade player this year, that gave the same performances as a bottom dollar player for ......5 straight years..

You cannot and will not ever have a perfectly balanced roster where performance = pay packet. It is a fallacy

Especially with the salary cap ceiling being a thing

No idea what you're talking about

We WERE paying a million for a first grade player this year, that gave the same performances as a bottom dollar player for ......5 straight years..

You cannot and will not ever have a perfectly balanced roster where performance = pay packet. It is a fallacy

Especially with the salary cap ceiling being a thing
Wtf?

Yeah.. I've been saying Milford is overpaid and overrated for those 5 years.. Not sure what your point is? He's been a lazy little turd and should have never been re-signed for that much.

That has nothing to do with Bullemor.

We could have found room for him but we underappreciated how good he is.. And the club will live to regret this decision.

This isn't news to me. We're probably paying 300k for a depth player that will give the same performance as a bottom dollar player. I think Bullemor was one of our best and most promising forwards.. I had him second next to Haas.. We can just let time do it's thing and watch Bullemor grow into an Origin and International rep player. Shame he won't be at the Broncos when that all unfolds though.

Wtf?

Yeah.. I've been saying Milford is overpaid and overrated for those 5 years.. Not sure what your point is? He's been a lazy little turd and should have never been re-signed for that much.

That has nothing to do with Bullemor.

We could have found room for him but we underappreciated how good he is.. And the club will live to regret this decision.
🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

How old is Bullemore? Is this yet another case of us losing a guy in his early 20's because we have guys in their late teens coming through? This is the experience void we keep creating.

I am so disappointed we are losing Ethan.

How old is Bullemore? Is this yet another case of us losing a guy in his early 20's because we have guys in their late teens coming through? This is the experience void we keep creating.

I am so disappointed we are losing Ethan.
21 years old and yes it's ridiculous that the club couldn't see that he's worth keeping.

???

You're not making a point. You're just saying we also have had Milford that was overpaid.

Since when do two wrongs make a right?
I just don't understand what point you think you've made from the previous bold.

Personally, I would have chosen Bullemor over Carrigan if I had to.
I think you are looking at football talent, and not the big picture.
On pure talent you could argue for Bully over Patty, but add in these 3 gems and the picture changes;
1 - Bully wants to leave, and has an offer
2 - Patty wants to stay
3 - Patty is viewed as long term captaincy material, and has leadership in his RL heritage

Not so cut and dried now

???

You're not making a point. You're just saying we also have had Milford that was overpaid.

Since when do two wrongs make a right?
My point in response to what I THINK you're trying to say is, IMO, two players with NRL experience on 300k - even if they're depth signings - bring far more to the squad than paying less for the equivalent spots on the roster so you can afford to pay extra to one player.

The second that one guy goes down plus another, all of a sudden you don't have the cattle. You need your depth to have a shed of quality about them whereby you can still maintain a competitive edge all year round when injuries strike.

You need 30 players. If the money is far more evenly dispersed across every player, you have a stronger roster.

Your point to "paying a guy 300k and he'll probably only perform like a bottom dollar player" is a poor assessment. That's how the club found their way into the mess they're in now. Having youngsters and rookies as the only depth then we move on all the senior players cause they weren't working, suddenly the depth is your starting 13

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Gympie devil
  • Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Behind enemy lines
  • broncsgoat
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Financeguy
  • Brocko
  • eggstar10
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lurker
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Santa
  • ivanhungryjak
  • winslow_wong
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.