Bulls 2014/2015

Monday 20 October 2014
The Australian T20 side for next month's three-game KFC T20I series against South Africa will have a distinct maroon tinge with three my FootDr Queensland Bulls players and two more maroon-grown stars included in the squad.
Bulls trio Nathan Reardon, Ben Cutting and Cameron Boyce were named in the new-look side that takes on the Proteas to open the 2014-15 international summer of cricket,with the first game at the Adelaide Oval on 5 November.
Boyce made an impressive debut last month for Australia in the UAE against Pakistan.
Also included in the squad are former Bulls players Ben Dunk and Shane Watson.
Reardon has been in explosive touch for the my FootDr Queensland Bulls in the Matador One Day Cup competition, with his power hitting catching the National Selection Panel's eye in the past fortnight.
Watson, on the comeback trail from injury, made his return over the weekend in Sydney grade cricket after recovering from ankle and calf complaints.
Dunk hit a superb double century in the Tasmanian Tigers' record-breaking loss to the Bulls on Saturday.
Reardon said he was stoked to receive his first T20I call-up.
"It's a bit of a shock as I hadn't considered I would be in the frame for this,'' he said. "I'm excited and honoured and can't wait to get out there and represent Australia."
"It's great than Dunky and I are in the squad too because we're good mates."
Reardon has played for Australia in the lesser known Hong Kong Sixes tournament, where he has captained the national selection in the past.
The 13-player Australian T20 squad is:
Aaron Finch (c)
VIC/Renegades
Sean Abbott
NSW/Sixers
Doug Bollinger
NSW/Sixers
Cameron Boyce
QLD/Hurricanes
Patrick Cummins
NSW/Thunder
Ben Cutting
QLD/Heat
Ben Dunk (wk)
TAS/Hurricanes
James Faulkner*
TAS/Stars
Nic Maddinson
NSW/Sixers
Nathan Reardon
QLD/Heat
Kane Richardson
SA/Strikers
Shane Watson
NSW/Heat
Cameron White
VIC/Stars
* James Faulkner selected subject to requirements on the VB Tour of UAE
Commenting on the squad, National Selector Rod Marsh said: “While the 2016 ICC World Twenty20 seems a long time away, the nature of short T20 series at international level means every match between now and then is a great opportunity for players to show what they’re capable of against high quality opposition.
“This series of three matches provides new captain Aaron Finch the opportunity to really work with the T20 squad after commencing his tenure as captain with a win against Pakistan in the one-off T20 a couple of weeks ago.
“The squad itself includes a good blend of youth and experience, providing Aaron with multiple options with both bat and ball. We’ve seen some good form in Matador One-Day Cup recently from players such as Cameron White, Nathan Reardon, Ben Dunk and Ben Cutting and they’ve been rewarded for those good performances.
“Shane Watson also returns from injury and we certainly know the destruction he is capable of causing in this format of the game.
“We may also look to add a player to this squad following the naming of the second Test team in the UAE,” Marsh said.
The Australian T20 squad, coached by Trevor Bayliss while Darren Lehmann is away, will assemble in Adelaide on 1 November.
To launch the international season, Cricket Australia has brought back the “Kids for Free” offer at all KFC T20 INTL Series matches. Don't forget to secure their ticket at the same time that you book yours so the whole family can sit together. Full terms can be found at Tickets. Transaction fees may apply.
If you can’t get to the match, watch it live on Nine, hear it on ABC Grandstand or Fairfax Radio Network then you can also catch the action on your mobile or tablet device on the Cricket Australia Live app (available to download from the iTunes store and Google Play).
KFC T20 INTL Series, Australia v South Africa
Wednesday 5 November, 7.35pm AEDT at the Adelaide Oval and live on Nine
Friday 7 November, 7.35pm AEDT at the Melbourne Cricket Ground and live on Nine
Sunday 9 November, 7.35pm AEDT at the Stadium Australia and live on Nine

A shame Lynny is injured. He really could have been pushing for this team.

my FootDr Queensland Bulls v WA, tomorrow, Bankstown Oval, 10am (NSW time):
James Hopes (c), Cameron Boyce, Joe Burns, Ben Cutting, Luke Feldman, Peter Forrest, Jason Floros, Cameron Gannon, Peter George, Chris Hartley, Usman Khawaja, Nathan Reardon, Mark Steketee, (one to be omitted, 12th man to be named).

Need a bonus point win to come equal first- Bulls' NRR is far superior to WA.

Otherwise it will be 2 v 3 on Friday night for the Bulls.

Milenko out Gannon in.

I wonder why Michael Neser can't get a game. I have a feeling he must be injured. I really rate him as a player. Hits the bat hard with the ball and hits the ball hard with the bat.

I wonder why Michael Neser can't get a game. I have a feeling he must be injured. I really rate him as a player. Hits the bat hard with the ball and hits the ball hard with the bat.

He's captain of Gold Coast.

James Hopes (c), Cameron Boyce, Joe Burns, Ben Cutting, Luke Feldman, Peter Forrest, Jason Floros, Cameron Gannon, Peter George, Chris Hartley, Usman Khawaja, Nathan Reardon, Mark Steketee, (one to be omitted, 12th man to be named).

Milenko out Gannon in.

Think we need double bonus point win. Even if we don't get it, the Blues have hit a massive hole. Should get them in the semi.

Think we need double bonus point win. Even if we don't get it, the Blues have hit a massive hole. Should get them in the semi.

Bulls are on 20 points, WA on 25.

If the Bulls win with one bonus point tomorrow they will finish equal, double bonus point would see them go past WA.

Bulls NRR +1.3
WA NRR 1.099

The Bulls will need to be on their game tomorrow that Bankstown oval wicket is slow as hell and some of the boundaries are long so scoring is very difficult and Western Australia did very well on it against Victoria on Sunday.

Should be a very good game I've been loving the state competition. Western Australia have 2 former test spinners Ashton Agar and Michael Beer on their team so it makes it a bit more interesting.

The Bulls will need to be on their game tomorrow that Bankstown oval wicket is slow as hell and some of the boundaries are long so scoring is very difficult and Western Australia did very well on it against Victoria on Sunday.

Should be a very good game I've been loving the state competition. Western Australia have 2 former test spinners Ashton Agar and Michael Beer on their team so it makes it a bit more interesting.

Being a former test spinner doesn't make you quality. Just look at Xavier Doherty.

Milenko out Gannon in.

Is this game being televised anywhere ?

I can't seem often it on GEM or any other station :rolleyes:

Being a former test spinner doesn't make you quality. Just look at Xavier Doherty.

Doherty isn't that bad of a player. Sure he was very ordinary in the test arena but he is good enough to play ODI's and bowled very well in his most recent game for Tasmania and did ok in UAE. I also didn't say he was a quality player or anything.

We faded pretty badly at the end of our innings, so we'll have to bowl extremely well to compensate.

Tight finish .... WA need 19 runs from the last two overs with 6 wickets still in the sheds.

Good knock from Usman.

We play NSW on Friday in the Semi, if we beat them we play WA on Sunday in the Grand Final.

Active Now

• The Don
  • Broncorob
  • johnny plath
  • Fitzy
  • RolledOates
  • kiwibronco
  • Kev_Guz
  • Allo
  • Manofoneway
  • phoenix
  • Mr Fourex
  • Footy Fanatic
  • whykickamoocow
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.