OFFICIAL Burgess signs with Souths

Actually, for a million dollars are year in 3rd party deals, surely his brainwaves are up for sponsorship.

"Dornt forgeht te worch Rorsty's new mooveh and when yah dorn, storp in aht Redfern morters, they'll do yah a greht deal on a Camreh".

Grievsmuhl has already been announced as far as I'm aware.

12239498_930962190324876_3790959854565683595_n.jpg

Rothfield reporting that Dylan Walker and Chris Grevsmuhl have already signed deals with Manly and Penrith respectively for 2017 (getting in super early).

Let the fallout continue.

How can Manly even have any money?.. They've signed a million players

The rumour I've heard is that either Lyon and/or Matai will hang the boots up at the end of the season, freeing up some cash.

Oh Lyon is retiring, that means they can sign Walker, Inglis and probably Folau.

I'm sure that's how Sydney salary caps work.

And here I am waiting for him to suffer a season ending injury in round 1. Watch the arse fall out of Channel 9 lol

Still sitting here wondering why more hasn't been made of the below:

“If, for instance, he was undervalued when he left Souths, he would have to be upgraded in any new contract.”

It was in regards to Te'o, and said by an NRL spokesman, but why the **** has it not been highlighted in regards to the Burgess situation? Surely Burgess at $500k is the definition of "undervalued"? Oh that's right, the NRL think the fans are stupid, think we'll take it on face value that they have "not assisted Souths in luring Burgess back to the club", think it's okay to destroy the concept of parity.

It was in regards to Te'o, and said by an NRL spokesman, but why the **** has it not been highlighted in regards to the Burgess situation? Surely Burgess at $500k is the definition of "undervalued"? Oh that's right, the NRL think the fans are stupid, think we'll take it on face value that they have "not assisted Souths in luring Burgess back to the club", think it's okay to destroy the concept of parity.

If Burgess is only worth 500k on the cap ... the Te'o is only worth 200k

Because the average fan has seen this time and time again from the NRL and are just completely over it. It is the norm now and no matter what anyone does it will never change. Why bother anymore?

I thought Burgess was signed for more than his original contract anyway, but whingers are still jaded. Even if we get Teo with the same situation at his previous contract, still whinging. It's fucking amazing.

They signed a good player, they have the cap space to do it, and fans are jaded. Who fucking cares? Like actually, who the **** cares? He's a fucking excellent player, his brothers play for the club, his mother is a cougar, and he's back in the NRL. The other option, unfortunately, was him not coming back at all, so we are in a better position, whether people like the wage he is on or not. Which, might I add, we have no fucking idea about.

His mom being a cougar is irrelevant.

Its the NRLs double standards as highlighted by Bennett

His mom being a cougar is irrelevant.

Its the NRLs double standards as highlighted by Bennett

Dude. . Chill. Our squad is better than theirs anyway. We don't even need teo. This forum is just being a tad greedy tbh.

I think teo should go to the Titans if anywhere. To get teo we'd lose glenn. That's unfair on glenn. He had a great year and has been incredibly loyal. His worth off the field is huge and guarantee none of you can actually measure that. I want the titans to do better being a qld Club. Plus after what DCE did to them was bullshit and they've had shit luck since. Even taylor won't be ready for them in time... Not tomention how big a shame it is that their most explosive player is free to just walk out. What a dickhead who jeopardized roberts' contact ... That's really bad...

Also, i can't wait to see greg bird gone from qld. Teo would be a far better player for Titans if it's true bird will be retiring soon. Guys, we have enough players.

Last edited:
I thought Burgess was signed for more than his original contract anyway, but whingers are still jaded. Even if we get Teo with the same situation at his previous contract, still whinging. It's fucking amazing.

They signed a good player, they have the cap space to do it, and fans are jaded. Who fucking cares? Like actually, who the **** cares? He's a fucking excellent player, his brothers play for the club, his mother is a cougar, and he's back in the NRL. The other option, unfortunately, was him not coming back at all, so we are in a better position, whether people like the wage he is on or not. Which, might I add, we have no fucking idea about.

I'm whinging because it makes them stronger, they compete against my team, and its fairness is questionable at best. Speculation and journalism aside, why was $1.5 million thrown around? Is he getting literally a million dollars in third party deals, and if so, are none of them dependent on him playing for Souths, genuinely? There's form with Inglis, remember. And if that is indeed the case, why would other clubs have had to organise the full $1.5 mill combined amount, if those third parties are not sourced by the club, as per the rules?

I don't give a **** about Folau, SBW, Burgess, playing in the NRL. The game is bigger. If they want to play elsewhere, or will only play in the NRL if the rules are bent, **** them right in the ear.

Last edited:
I'm whinging because it makes them stronger, they compete against my team, and its fairness is questionable at best. Speculation and journalism aside, why was $1.5 million thrown around? Is he getting literally a million dollars in third party deals, and if so, are none of them dependent on him playing for Souths, genuinely? There's form with Inglis, remember. And if that is indeed the case, why would other clubs have had to organise the full $1.5 mill combined amount, if those third parties are not sourced by the club, as per the rules?

I don't give a **** about Folau, SBW, Burgess, playing in the NRL. The game is bigger. If they want to play elsewhere, or will only play in the NRL if the rules are bent, **** them right in the ear.

But we might get the same deal with a player we want?

It's all just whinging for the sake of whinging.

But we might get the same deal with a player we want?

It's all just whinging for the sake of whinging.

No we won't. There was a sniff of Te'o coming here and the NRL could not have been faster in imposing conditions and restrictions.

No we won't. There was a sniff of Te'o coming here and the NRL could not have been faster in imposing conditions and restrictions.

That was all before the Burgess thing happened.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Brotherdu
  • davidp
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  • Ondi
  • bazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Bish
  • Santa
  • Financeguy
  • Culhwch
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.