Cam Smith

PS - the NRL doing nothing but lip service to erradicate lifting tackles - now there's a fucking story.

But hey, at least no one is punching one another.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying. Forgive me for being crass, but Channel 9 paid a billion dollars so it could treat the NRL like it's whore. And it will continually **** the shit out of it until it feels satisfied.

This is mud raking sensationalist media crap. Few days before an Origin decider, FMD Channel 9 you are poison for the game.

As if it couldn't wait a week ffs

Yep, I'm absolutely filthy at the timing of this. Blues can talk shit about us and 'tin foil hat conspiracies' all they want but this is absolute bullshit. Ch9 know exactly what they are doing the dirty dogs. To hell with the garbage that is 60 minutes. Its like an older uglier brother of A Current Affair who was dropped on his head repeatedly as a child.

My respect for McKinnon has gone now too. I sympathise with him for that horrific injury but this is a blatant attempt to sell copies of his book and throw Queensland off their game simultaneously.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying. Forgive me for being crass, but Channel 9 paid a billion dollars so it could treat the NRL like it's whore. And it will continually **** the shit out of it until it feels satisfied.

Absolutely which is dumb business.

"Gee, what do you mean we're losing sponsers and advertisers? I thought they'd like supporting a code filled with batterers, drunks, drug-abusers, rapists, prostate-examiners, heartless tyrants and obese enablers?!'

Even if they draw in ratings, which they're affecting by running these stories, it won't mean as much to advertisers because they won't be attracting the demographics they want.

Yep, I'm absolutely filthy at the timing of this. Blues can talk shit about us and 'tin foil hat conspiracies' all they want but this is absolute bullshit. Ch9 know exactly what they are doing the dirty dogs. To hell with the garbage that is 60 minutes. Its like an older uglier brother of A Current Affair who was dropped on his head repeatedly as a child.

My respect for McKinnon has gone now too. I sympathise with him for that horrific injury but this is a blatant attempt to sell copies of his book and throw Queensland off their game simultaneously.

I'm not sure Alex is at fault here, at least with regards to timing. Someone previously posted that the segment was filmed a month or two ago, I'm not sure what influence Alex had over when it would be aired. In any case I feel the guy with a broken neck should get a pass for having strong but incorrect feelings about the whole thing. If I could never walk again I'd probably find it hard to be perfectly rational about the situation, plus who knows how closely his words on the show reflect what he said in its entirety.

**** ACA though. They've got no excuses.

Trying to find something nice to say... Alex's mrs is hot, thats about it.

And Triple M continue to show why they are an unreliable source.

My bad people.

I'm expecting retractions from everyone who praised him.

I liked a post who praised him....do I have to retract?

So, this 60 mins ACA did not ask Smith for comments, but Cameron is still very classy with his reaction to this:

While members of the Queensland camp are seething that the story has come out on the eve of Wednesday night's Origin decider, sources close to Smith said the Maroons and Australian captain had adopted the attitude that no one else knew the pain experienced by McKinnon and his family so they were entitled to feel the way they did.
However, Fairfax Media was told that Smith is upset 60 Minutes did not ask him for his side of the story and Channel Nine should not expect him to agree to any interview requests from the broadcasters before, during or after Origin III at Suncorp Stadium.

The tackle that shows Cameron Smith not the only one caught in the moment

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.