Cam Smith

Interesting video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC1CCzBJDnE

Smith didn't argue the whole time and, even when he did, was quite respectful. Probably a mistake in hindsight but a fairly innocuous one to me.

It was obviously a nasty injury but who would have really thought the worst? Australians are conditioned to have a "you'll be right" kind of attitude towards these things. I can understand Alex's emotion but hopefully with time he will come to accept that Smith was reacting in the moment, in his role as Captain. Holding onto anger will be more destructive for him than anyone else.

Smith doesn't deserve to be hung out to dry. Shame on 60 Minutes - gutter journalism at it's worst.

Nine have officially replied, commenting that Smith wasn't offered a reply because the story isn't about him. He has been offered his say this week.

Smith won't take it I am sure of it. But I bet he might spite 9 and talk to another network.

Nine have officially replied, commenting that Smith wasn't offered a reply because the story isn't about him. He has been offered his say this week.

Smith won't take it I am sure of it. But I bet he might spite 9 and talk to another network.
Pathetic excuse from Nein. They made it about Smith, at least in part.

Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up on Sterlo next week

A Nine spokesperson said: "60 Minutes has offered Cameron Smith a chance to respond this Sunday."

Fairfax Media understands Smith will turn 60 Minutes down but may accept an approach from another network - most likely Seven.

Alex McKinnon interview: 60 Minutes did not offer Cameron Smith right of reply

Haha, gold. "We didn't offer you a chance to comment prior so we could drag your name through the mud without any recourse, now we will offer you a chance to comment after the fact and look like heroes of you reject us". Fucking wankers

Haha, gold. "We didn't offer you a chance to comment prior so we could drag your name through the mud without any recourse, now we will offer you a chance to comment after the fact and look like heroes of you reject us". Fucking wankers

Or get double exposure if he says yes. I hope he tells them to **** off.

A Nine spokesperson said: "60 Minutes has offered Cameron Smith a chance to respond this Sunday."

Fairfax Media understands Smith will turn 60 Minutes down but may accept an approach from another network - most likely Seven.

Alex McKinnon interview: 60 Minutes did not offer Cameron Smith right of reply

How funny would it be if Smith turns down nine ... accepts an offer from another network ... and the Smith interview on the other network out rates the original 60 minutes interview with McKinnon.

Did anyone see Channel 9 Sport (Brisbane)

They interviewed Rick Stone about Smith & he basically said, it was in the heat of the battle & he then went on to say, they were dealing with a angry young man.

Last edited:
I meant the Foxtel show on Wednesday nights

I know that, I meant Smith may not let Sterlo interview him, because he still works at Channel 9.

Smith may do the interview on Channel 7 program Sunday Night (show is on at about the same time as 60 mins)

Last edited:
I'm surprised they didn't have Rebecca Wilson guest hosting preaching the evils of Rugby League and the devil Cameron Smith.

How 60 Minutes would edit a Smith interview
[video=youtube_share;gVQuZf1FewU]http://youtu.be/gVQuZf1FewU[/video]

Haha, I hope Smith offers a reply on channel 7 and they get great ratings. I'll make sure to watch.

I feel sorry for Smith. As the captain of the team he has every right to question a decision by the referee and he had no idea how serious Alex's injury was at the time. Smith has tried to apologize before but I heard that the Knights weren't allowing him to. Smith is a good guy (seemed like that when I meet him) and he would never argue with a ref standing over a quadriplegic man. You would be lacking complete empathy if you did. Smith is one of the biggest supporters of the Rise4Alex foundation as well I believe.

60 minutes is just gutter journalism at it's best. All those shows and channel 9 care for is ratings and making money. They aren't interested in selling a story and informing people. Money talks these days.

Didn't watch their story and had no intention whatsoever of doing so.

Active Now

• Manlyman
  • NSW stables
  • Broncs1459
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.