NEWS Capewell coming from 2022 or Fake News?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
who says it was someone at the club?
You failed to bold the “it seems” prior to what I said.
We know the Broncos track record in leaking details, so I am assuming that is how it has got out into the media.
From his video, it would seems he didn’t want it in the media therefore it seems that it wouldn’t be from his side.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
We know the Broncos track record in leaking details, so I am assuming that is how it has got out into the media.

you know what happens when you assume

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
With Capewell coming out and saying he hasn't signed anywhere this may actually backfire on us.. It seems someone at the club has leaked that he is/was going to sign.
He may not like this, similarly to how Bennett didn't like that it was leaked he was going to the Roosters all those years ago. He then backflipped as a result.
It isn't often we see this from players (with a personal video). If he now signs it makes him look a little silly.
I don't know how this will end, but hopefully we do land him.
Listen to what Wally says here: "it is understood Capewell has verbally agreed to come to terms." That's not saying he's "signed a contract." It's saying he's agreed he will come back and nut out a contract with them. So he's saying he hasn't signed for x years for y amount. He's saying he's yet to agree on how much, for how long, etc. No one is lying.

His issue is the media has presumed he will agree to certain terms. Maybe he will. Maybe he'll want something changed. When you see past the deal like this, you take power away from one of the negotiators.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
From his video, it would seems he didn’t want it in the media therefore it seems that it wouldn’t be from his side.

I think they've been very reserved this year, I'd be surprised if the leak came from the club

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Listen to what Wally says here: "it is understood Capewell has verbally agreed to come to terms." That's not saying he's "signed a contract." It's saying he's agreed he will come back and nut out a contract with them. So he's saying he hasn't signed for x years for y amount. He's saying he's yet to agree on how much, for how long, etc. No one is lying.

Bad move from Wally if he cares about the club.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Are you still working in the legal game @McHunt?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Are you still working in the legal game @McHunt?
Long time since I studied law. Not a lawyer. Don't take my advice.

But contract law is mostly common sense.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Wally was only reading the teleprompter. The source of this leak is almost certainly from Kevvie to Dobbo. Or at least Kevvie confirmed it.
Probably right.

Kev is likeable but he seems like such a boob.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
Maybe i missed something but not sure i blame the club on this. They didn't announce anything official did they?

Seems the most likely situation is Capewell has verbally agreed but probably wanted to control the message himself and tell his mates and club about it first as well as get through the Origin game. Someone got wind of it and the story ran.

Ikin fanned the flames on NRL360 with Capewell and the media has been all over it since.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Maybe i missed something but not sure i blame the club on this. They didn't announce anything official did they?

Seems the most likely situation is Capewell has verbally agreed but probably wanted to control the message himself and tell his mates and club about it first as well as get through the Origin game. Someone got wind of it and the story ran.

Ikin fanned the flames on NRL360 with Capewell and the media has been all over it since.
Yip I personally think Ikin has started out with us on a fairly low note. He only had to keep his mouth shut until after the weekend, but it looks like ego overtook brain and he had to make it look like he was off to a flyer before he left Faux sport.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Wally was only reading the teleprompter. The source of this leak is almost certainly from Kevvie to Dobbo. Or at least Kevvie confirmed it.
I hope Kev isn’t that type. Once it’s out there’s not a lot of point in denying it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.