NEWS Carrigan Boozing While Injured

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I went out drinking last night......

Geez Fourex...how many drinks did you have?

3 glasses of water.......

Mark Wahlberg Reaction GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
It was clear from the footage on the game and how he felt that it was highly probable, I'd say 95%+ likely, he'd done a ligament.

To say he "didnt know the extent" is a bit laughable, even from his biggest fan.

But, if the rules are no alcohol whilst injured, I guess the club expects players to follow them. In return for those rules, the club pays them eye watering salaries.

Equally, it's all laughable that this is even a thing and it even made the news. But, losing breeds people clicking on bad news and here we are.
Well how would he know the extent. The injury has to be scanned to see the severity of it. That's how it works. Just feeling his knee isnt going to tell you a thing. You are talking about an injury that can range from a couple of weeks out to a couple of months.

S

Shane Tronc

QCup Player
Apr 7, 2018
I’d be more inclined to check on carrigan’s mental welfare more than anything. It’s clearly out of character for him - maybe he was struggling mentally being injured again.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
Boozy Bronco's is the title I've seen for both the Haas and Patty incidents in the Courier Mail, the Daily Mail, the Sun Herald and Fox Sports news.

You cant tell me there is no media agenda here.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
I’d be more inclined to check on carrigan’s mental welfare more than anything. It’s clearly out of character for him - maybe he was struggling mentally being injured again.
It’s 3 beers

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Yeah but it was still team protocol to not do it
If there’s any need for a mental health check it would be because of how overbearing the public and team management are on these blokes…

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
If there’s any need for a mental health check it would be because of how overbearing the public and team management are on these blokes…
I'd adhere to them if i was payed hundreds of thousands of dollars a year too though to be honest.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
How about the players check on the mental health of us suffering fans, given the shit they've dished up the past few years? We must all be absolutely cooked in the head to still be supporting this shitshow of a club 🤪

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
Well how would he know the extent. The injury has to be scanned to see the severity of it. That's how it works. Just feeling his knee isnt going to tell you a thing. You are talking about an injury that can range from a couple of weeks out to a couple of months.
Talking about an injury, that retired him early from the game. Even if it was Grade 1, it was clear it was an injury that would require some form of recovery.

Dont get me wrong, Patty is wonderful - it's just a media sensationalised ridiculous situation.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014

I reckon when you finish the game sitting on the side line wearing a club polo shirt and sunnies with your leg in a brace, you probably know yourself you're injured.

For the record, I don't begrudge the players having a beer, they should be allowed to do that. Your double standards though are hilarious. If this were Kotoni you'd be singing a completely different tune.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

Poor guys.......
it wouldn't be so bad I s'pose.....if they got paid 100's of thousands of dollars...to play a game

wait a minute......
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

I'm pretty sure we're not the only team ... or the only sport that puts these restrictions on injured players

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Some clubs players booze ban for the season more interested in success,cant remember which side it was last year.
20220408 170606

Knocking one back in pattys honor

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • The Strapper
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • phoenix
  • bazza
  • Cavalo
  • Broncorob
  • davidp
  • Fatboy
  • Bucking Beads
  • kman
  • Galah
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.