OFFICIAL Carrigan signs until 2028

Champion lock forward Pat Carrigan will be a Bronco until at least the end of the 2028 season. The Wally Lewis Medal winner for Queensland's player of the series in last year's Origin triumph was already signed with the Broncos to the end 2024 - and he has now committed to a four-year extension in a huge show of faith in the club.

The 25-year-old's stellar form last season also saw him make his Kangaroos debut and go on to win the World Cup in England, his 2022 heroics all the more remarkable considering he was returning from a knee reconstruction that required a gruelling nine-month rehabilitation. During his breakout 2022 season, Carrigan averaged a huge 150 running metres (61 of those post-contact) and 32 tackles per game, as well as 21 tackle breaks and 19 offloads. A key member of Brisbane's Leadership Group and graduate of the Broncos Academy, Carrigan joins a host of teammates to commit to the club long-term.

Kev Walters:

"This is a great day for the Broncos because Pat embodies what we are about as a club and he is at the heart of what we are building here together. He has grown as a player through our club's Academy system, going on to captain our NYC team before graduating to the NRL squad and building into the player that he is today - and the impressive thing is that all he wants to do is continue to improve. We were all incredibly proud of what Pat achieved last year because we all saw how hard he worked to come back from serious injury, it was an inspiration to all of us here at the Broncos. He is a key part of everything we do and to have him commit to the Broncos for another four years is really special - I'm really excited for what lies ahead for both Pat and for everyone at our club.”​

Carrigan:

"I love this club and I could never imagine leaving - we are building something special here together and I wanted to make a long-term commitment to be a part of that. A lot of us guys have been through the tough times together and now we are starting to show signs of what we can do if we work hard and work for each other. I'm here for the long haul and I'm excited about what we can achieve together over the years ahead.”​

Joey is the biggest jynx in NRL history. I was so upset when I saw this video.
Yup, you can add in his brother too. Whatever they predict, it’s the exact opposite that happens most of the time. They just love to blather at times for the sake of it.

SaHe was pretty good at footy
sarcastic sarcasm GIF

I couldn’t say if you’re being sarcasm or biased. I didn’t say he wasn’t good. I said why ahead of some of the players who deserved more.

sarcastic sarcasm GIF

I couldn’t say if you’re being sarcasm or biased. I didn’t say he wasn’t good. I said why ahead of some of the players who deserved more.
I have no doubt he would have been inducted down the track. But how quickly they did it has never sat well with me tbh.

The immortals became a joke at that point for mine.

Just on the topic of Joey, the whole 'we won't stand for racism' message from the NRL is pretty hollow when you have guys like Joey who were caught throwing out racial slurs at an origin camp inducted as an immortal. The will ban a kid for life for saying it but adults saying it in an official capacity is play on.

Just to be clear I am obviously all for their attempts to stamp out racism in the game it's just complete bullshit when Joey is held up as an ornament of the game given his past.

I'm just waiting for when Josh Jackson becomes an immortal.

It still baffles me as to how he got the nod to be inducted into immortal list when there are more deserving players.
NSW was getting pummeled in origin year after year having lost six or seven in a row, so the sooks down south made Johns an immortal well ahead of time as a consolation prize.

Carrigan:

“I just want to win comps at the Broncos. It’s great to have my future sorted. It was nice to have that interest, but I didn’t get the chance to become a free agent. I wanted to commit long-term and show the Broncos that faith, because they helped me become the player I have become here. I was five or six years old when the Broncos last won the comp in 2006 and I have faint memories of that."​
“I want to be able to bring that to the next generation of kids in Brisbane. There is a feeling like no other when you win in this city and you are playing good footy, it would be great to bring a premiership back to Brisbane."​
“A lot of great players have played for this club. They had that era of success ... and I would love to build that dynasty again at the Broncos.”​
“I signed my first NRL deal with Wayne over at the old training base. It was me, dad and Wayne and I wanted to stay at the Broncos because we had guys like Matt Gillett, Sam Thaiday and ‘Moose.’ Their team was stacked with Queensland and Australian players. I was under Wayne for two years before the whole swap happened with Anthony Seibold in 2019 and I was grateful for what Wayne did for me in that period of time. He just cares about the individual. He wants you to enjoy yourself but also be a good person and just your habits off the field, he says your habits off the field can come back to bite you on the field."​
“Committing to the Broncos was a timing sort of thing. The Broncos just felt right and, in a way, I took the gamble. We had some tough times under Seibold but all I’ve ever wanted to do is raise a trophy for the Broncos. I could have done that for the Dolphins, but I want to do it in a Broncos jersey."​
“I like what ‘Kevvie’ is building here and the mateship we have. The stress is out of my game and, with the new deal, I’m really content. I would love to play out my career here.”​

Walters:
“It’s a huge boost for everyone that Pat stayed loyal. He has been in our Academy, he has progressed through the under-20s into first grade and it’s been some tough going for the club. But Pat has stayed faithful, stayed loyal and he can see much better days ahead. It’s nice and very rewarding for him because he has accelerated quickly the last few years to the position he is in now and we wanted to reward him for becoming an Origin and Test player.”​

Forgot how big a man Carroll was, fucking hell the bloke was massive!! My fav part is still Johns running around behind Ward to go at Goddard again only to get absolutely floored :rofl Too funny. And it took that, the third time in as many minutes, for them both to get sent!

I hope Pat rubs off on the rest of the team.....

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Unread

Active Now

• marw
  • LittleDavey
  • Tim K
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Aldo
  • Nerd
  • Foordy
  • Organix
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • big k
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
  • Midean
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncoFan94
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.