Chambers out for the series

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/content/storm/club/news/2016/04/13/chambers_out_for_12_.html

Scans revealed that Queensland centre Will Chambers suffered a foot fracture that will sideline him from anywhere between 12-14 weeks.

The injury effectively rules him out of Origin. How much impact will this have on Queensland and who should replace him?

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. O'Neill
5. Gagai

We're getting desperate now.. We may need Kevvie to remove that origin ban so we can throw Munster into the centres or Holmes onto the wing.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. O'Neill
5. Gagai

We're getting desperate now.. We may need Kevvie to remove that origin ban so we can throw Munster into the centres or Holmes onto the wing.
As someone who has Holmes in their SVRL team, he absolutely has done nothing to earn the spot anyway. I'm thinking Kyle Feldt will get a run.

Here is one option that is out there a bit but might work

1. Morgan
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Gagai
5. Oates

We put morgan back there but I would be happy for Feldt to get a run

As someone who has Holmes in their SVRL team, he absolutely has done nothing to earn the spot anyway. I'm thinking Kyle Feldt will get a run.

There's more to Rugby League than fantasy points :P

He'd be fine in Origin, but I'd also be cool with Feldt or O'Neil

There's more to Rugby League than fantasy points :P

He'd be fine in Origin, but I'd also be cool with Feldt or O'Neil

Definitely not worried about scoring tries, he has a lot of dumb errors in him this year.

As long as O'Neil is in the centres and not on the wing, I'd be fine with his inclusion. He couldn't catch a cold there last year.

I'm not worried yet, Feldt has become the goods and a wing pairing of him and Oates will strike fear into NSW and our sets will be off to a great start every set with that one-two punch. However, one more injury to our backline (unless its fullback) and we are in all sorts.

Here is one option that is out there a bit but might work

1. Morgan
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Gagai
5. Oates

We put morgan back there but I would be happy for Feldt to get a run

Or...lift the ban and put Milford at 1.

Maybe we actually just throw Morgan at right centre.. He virtually plays like a right centre for the Cowboys.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. Morgan
5. Gagai

14. Hunt (Or Milford, if Kev wants to unban him :p)

Not a bad idea [MENTION=8290]Unbreakable[/MENTION]. What it all shows is that there are still some options available, even if they are dwindling fast, especially now our all-star is sidelined as well. ;)

The players were banned for a reason, and must stay banned

Surely we can't be seriously suggesting that players get banned as long as it looks like we will still win?

If NSW did that we'd be all over them

I want to win, I really do, but I'd rather lose than go back on the ban

Didn't they stay out past curfew? Sounds like a ridiculous thing to get banned for in the first place. I don't like the way QLD has become overly dogmatic with our 'loyalty' pledge, and now a mass banning: we're talking about the biggest sporting event in the country here, not under 12's. A team like the ABs would sort this out in house.

We're going to pay dearly for this attitude when Smith and Thurston retire.

Last edited:
Yeah it could be short-term pain for long-term gain but if anymore backline injuries hit, outside of O'Neill, Oates, Feldt, Barba, who else is actually playing first grade to choose from?

The players were banned for a reason, and must stay banned

Surely we can't be seriously suggesting that players get banned as long as it looks like we will still win?

If NSW did that we'd be all over them

I want to win, I really do, but I'd rather lose than go back on the ban

Agree. And how bad would it be if we go back on the ban, and still lose. NSW spat on the "TBA" gentleman's agreement last year by playing a suspended player, and the shame was compounded when they still lost despite effectively cheating. If we play any of the banned players, we're cheating ourselves and cheapening the jersey. And I really, really want Hunt & Milford to play Origin.

Milf for origin yes but as big a fan of Hunt as I am, I only want him in origin if he is the bench utility. I'm still very concerned about him under pressure.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • Strop
  • Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  • Brotherdu
  • Fatboy
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Hoof Hearted
  • I bleed Maroon
  • HarryAllan7
  • bert_lifts
  • Organix
  • GCBRONCO
  • porouian
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
... and 34 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.