Chambers out for the series

Instead of moving Boyd to fullback and Inglis to centre, I'd much prefer Boyd to just play in the centres. He'd easily be up for it. Snotting Gasnier multiple times while covering for Tonga (who had a dislocated shoulder) gives him a free pass IMO.

There is no way the ban will be lifted, so we can only choose from the players that haven't been banned.

Personally a left side combination of Oates and Inglis sounds deadly.

Here is one option that is out there a bit but might work

1. Morgan
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Gagai
5. Oates

We put morgan back there but I would be happy for Feldt to get a run
[MENTION=8290]Unbreakable[/MENTION] beat me to it... Morgan to right centre would possibly be a better option, with Inglis back at left centre and Boyd at the back.

Of course, there is the left field option of throwing Barba into the mix if he continues his run of form...

This means Gagai will definitely be playing at centre...

150529155406-facebook-gif-7-custom-1.gif

It does.

But I don't think we should change it. Inglis and Boyd have arguably been the most effective centre/wing pairing in the history of Origin.

I would have Morgan at the back, to be honest.

We don't really need a utility on the bench.

Last edited:
It does.

But I don't think we should change it. Inglis and Boyd have arguably been the most effective centre/wing pairing in the history of Origin.

I would have Morgan at the back, to be honest.

We don't really need a utility on the bench.
I'm not convinced Morgan would be the answer to the fullback dilemma.

I'd rather we put Boyd at the back. Safe, dependable, can be a threat running the ball or chiming into the backline. I'd say he's the closest replacement to Slater that we could field.

GI would be preferable if 100%, despite bringing a different set of skills to the table. But he's walking wounded at this point. We'll likely get better mileage out of him in the centres.

Then we could field Oates /Feldt outside GI. Either would be a huge threat outside of Inglis.

Don't want to even hear discussion about Barba. That would be an unmitigated disaster.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Maybe we actually just throw Morgan at right centre.. He virtually plays like a right centre for the Cowboys.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. Morgan
5. Gagai

14. Hunt (Or Milford, if Kev wants to unban him :p)

Hunt is also banned mate.

I think selecting a fullback who isn't doing the job every week for his club would be madness at Origin level. Inglis, Boyd or Barba should be fullback IMO. As for the center crisis... I have no idea. Who has been keeping track of the Cowboys games? What is O'Neill playing like? I was speaking to a mate on the weekend who reckons his defence is too weak. Surely you could make the same argument for Gagai?

*edit*

I'm thinking:

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. Gagai/O'Neill/Morgan
5. Feldt

Last edited:
1- Boyd
2- Oates
3- Inglis
4- Morgan
5- Feldt
6- Thurston
7- Cronk

I can't think of anyone else to replace Chambers at centre more reliably than Morgan at the moment, which also explains the Feldt choice, as they know and play with each other every week.

I am very weary of having Gagai there, despite his attacking talent, so the only alternative would be O'Neill, which would still warrant Feldt imo.

1- Boyd
2- Oates
3- Inglis
4- Morgan
5- Feldt
6- Thurston
7- Cronk

I can't think of anyone else to replace Chambers at centre more reliably than Morgan at the moment, which also explains the Feldt choice, as they know and play with each other every week.

I am very weary of having Gagai there, despite his attacking talent, so the only alternative would be O'Neill, which would still warrant Feldt imo.

This probably makes the most sense since Morgan usually plays on the right as well.

It's a bit of a worry, but at least our forwards are still stacked.

Would you guys be concerned about Feldt playing on the wing?

He isn't a bad player but I don't think he makes that many meters out of his own half and he has never struck me as those types of wingers who can put his hand up and give his forwards a rest by taking hitups through the middle.

Would you guys be concerned about Feldt playing on the wing?

He isn't a bad player but I don't think he makes that many meters out of his own half and he has never struck me as those types of wingers who can put his hand up and give his forwards a rest by taking hitups through the middle.

Not really. He's pretty tough, is about the same size as Oates, and regularly makes around 100 meters in a match. He should do a good job for us if selected. Kevvie just has to get him and any other debutantes in the right mindset.

There's also Mbye, or is he blacklisted as well? He went fairly well at centre when he played there.

Yes. So much yes.

I'd love to see Morgan at right centre. He's the perfect combination of size and speed for a centre, and he'd be very good at putting his winger away for a try. His combination with Feldt would be a bonus. However, Gagai didn't let anybody down last year, so would be unlucky not to retain his spot somewhere in the backline. I think the best move for the team would be to leave Morgan on the bench as the utility, otherwise we're stuck with DCE thanks to Hunt and Milford's stupidity.

Yes. So much yes.

I'd love to see Morgan at right centre. He's the perfect combination of size and speed for a centre, and he'd be very good at putting his winger away for a try. His combination with Feldt would be a bonus. However, Gagai didn't let anybody down last year, so would be unlucky not to retain his spot somewhere in the backline. I think the best move for the team would be to leave Morgan on the bench as the utility, otherwise we're stuck with DCE thanks to Hunt and Milford's stupidity.

I wouldn't have DCE back unless we had a serious crisis in the halves. If we had to choose a utility I would go with Granville, but I wouldn't be against a 4 forward bench.

8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Guerra
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Thaiday
15. McGuire
16. Papalii
17. Lillyman

Agree. And how bad would it be if we go back on the ban, and still lose. NSW spat on the "TBA" gentleman's agreement last year by playing a suspended player, and the shame was compounded when they still lost despite effectively cheating. If we play any of the banned players, we're cheating ourselves and cheapening the jersey. And I really, really want Hunt & Milford to play Origin.

You made it move....:smile:

NSW spat on the "TBA" gentleman's agreement last year by playing a suspended player, .

and a drug cheat.

Think of it like this.......we're handicapping ourselves for the good of the series. A tighter contest than the 52-6 drubbing we gave them last year is better for SOO, better for the game.

better for TV ratings.

If we lower the bar, after setting it so high..... for so long, we'll be no better than the NSWRL and all the shit that has spewed from it.

Don't want to even hear discussion about Barba. That would be an unmitigated disaster.

Indeed. No chance.

1. Inglis
2. Boyd
3. Gagai
4. Morgan
5. Oates

I don't think we need to panic....it's NSW after all. :laugh:

I've wanted GI to play a series at fullback for a few years ....I'm not backing away now.

The next star centre has been a problem looming for ages, we might as well find out if Gagai is it, and if not, move him on. O'neil is a step backwards.
Rather Morgan get a shot...he's been playing there a club level and playing well. He's got too much SOO potential to leave on the bench. If Kahu wasn't so fragile and spent more time on the field.......he could be a good 'un and I think the centres is where he could find a home.

Oates...why not? He's been killing it.

Bench spot:
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Papali
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Guerra
15. Thaiday
16. Mcguire
17. Nappa

Active Now

• lynx000
  • GCBRONCO
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
  • Volvo Driver
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • armchair
  • Behold
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Skathen
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • broncoscope
  • LittleDavey
  • Culhwch
  • Lurker
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.