NEWS Chris Johns quits

Kevvie's bestie, Old Boys Chairman and serial whinger Chris Johns has thrown in the towel on the eve of Ben Ikin's arrival at Red Hill, citing disrespect. Yet Walters claims he's all aboard the Ikin train.

Chris Johns:

“Yes, I have stood down. Because of my frustration at what I think is a lack of support and respect to ‘Kevvie’. We seem to continually spiral down the same drain with the same people making the same decisions at Kevvie’s expense.”

Walters:

Johnsy has been blueing with the Broncos for some time, so he’s probably had enough to be honest ... I don’t know.”

ScreenMV5BMjE4Mzg3OTgxNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTM0MDgxOA V1 UY1200 CR47206301200 AL

Without knowledge

“I think Ben Ikin is a great appointment, we are starting to get things in shape here at the Broncos. I’ve had great support since Dave Donaghy came into the building. I have no complaints about Dave Donaghy. I am in dialogue with him all the time. It’s been a tough week for sure, but Dave and I are working closely together on the decisions that have been made."

“We are all on the same page with the changes and I’m looking forward to getting back to training on the weekend. Dave has made it clear that, if required, I have his full support to bring in extra resources."

8e62f2bb7bf3846f0042496a7838b720

Never meaning no harm

Donaghy:

“Our club has a really strong relationship with the entire Old Boys network. We’ve increased our support to the Old Boys this year and we are working through ways to support them further. We are channelling a lot of energy and investment into our football program. We will continue to provide Kevin with the support he needs.”

McHunt

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Kevvie really needs to stop using the old boys to fight his battles for him.

Tallis was also on radio today taking aim at the “unnamed” players who had a whinge about him in badel’s “revolt” piece.

I don’t think he’s handling the pressure too well.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Kevvie really needs to stop using the old boys to fight his battles for him.

Tallis was also on radio today taking aim at the “unnamed” players who had a whinge about him in badel’s “revolt” piece.

I don’t think he’s handling the pressure too well.

the Raging Fool doesn't need anyones permission to take aim at someone working for the Brocnos

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Kevvie again saying “if required” in reference to changes to his coaching staff, he really needs to take the hint because if he keeps what’s comfortable for him it will only further enhance the opinion he doesn’t have what it takes to make these decisions.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Kevvie again saying “if required” in reference to changes to his coaching staff, he really needs to take the hint because if he keeps what’s comfortable for him it will only further enhance the opinion he doesn’t have what it takes to make these decisions.

TBF, his coaching staff have also only been at the club and working together for 15 games. the one guy who had been there for a while was their head of performance and he got fired on Friday

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
the Raging Fool doesn't need anyones permission to take aim at someone working for the Brocnos
I don’t buy that Kevvie doesn’t know what he’s doing when he whinges to the old boys. Maybe I’m too cynical but it always looks to me like he doesn’t want to get his hands dirty so he lets them do the talking for him & he comes off smelling like roses.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
TBF, his coaching staff have also only been at the club and working together for 15 games. the one guy who had been there for a while was their head of performance and he got fired on Friday
DD has obviously had a good look and seen the need for changes and told Kevvie he can have the resources he needs, he should take the hint.

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
I wouldn't read too much into this negativity. The club has made some positive moves lately with sacking Nolen and hiring Ikin and things likely to start turning around.

No footy this week so the media need some negative press to run. They're making the most of kicking us while we are down knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel for us.

I expect them to use any remaining negative ammo they can get while they can because they won't have much come 2022.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Interesting comment. I think if you read between the lines of quite a few things recently, I think Kev’s days are numbered.

Probably so but the next bloke won't last any longer either

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Do the old boys turn up to training to help out at all or will they only do it if they get paid?

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Chief of the Broncos Old Boys Association.

Are they administered by the club? If they are, I would be shutting them down and telling them "If you are serious about helping the situation, then get your ass in there and get your hands dirty with the young blokes, rather than sitting around at a luncheon whinging and throwing popcorn from the bleachers."

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Kevvie clutching at straws, getting the Old Boys, to fight his battles again.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Are they administered by the club? If they are, I would be shutting them down and telling them "If you are serious about helping the situation, then get your ass in there and get your hands dirty with the young blokes, rather than sitting around at a luncheon whinging and throwing popcorn from the bleachers."
Nope, separate organisation as far as I know.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Mister Wright
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • Scorchie
  • Porthoz
  • Lazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.