Chris Sandow

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I think this rumor has enough momentum now to justify its own thread. My source close to Red Hill says the talk is everywhere.

My position on Sandow is literally, beggars can't be choosers. The fact that I have to take that position is fucking pathetic. The Brisbane Broncos are not beggars. We're a respected and reputable club who are being driven into the ground by our lazy, disinterested, arrogant administrators and recruiters. There were a million better options on the market than Sandow and we signed none of them. JT being at the top of the list.

I'm willing to give Sandow my de-facto benefit of the doubt when he is surrounded by a better squad, but personally, the prospect of signing him leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Is he still contracted for next year ?
We will find out in the next 7 days I suppose

So if the Broncos knew they need a new player for the halves, why did they sit on their hands, while JT/Widdop etc were out looking at offers? Now we are just left scrapping the bottom of the barrell, Ohh how things have changed..

So if the Broncos knew they need a new player for the halves, why did they sit on their hands, while JT/Widdop etc were out looking at offers? Now we are just left scrapping the bottom of the barrell, Ohh how things have changed..

Not sure but I think they thought Norman was staying.
But if that had been the case why bring in prince and shift norman to fb....
Okay I got nothing.

Can anyone give me a reliable source relating to this? I've googled it a few times but haven't found anything.

IMO: No team will be willing to pay $550,000 for the nuffy. (except for Parra)

He could be a handy player if he wasn't playing with nuffies. Clearly Brisbane are out then.

We did make I offers. But got out the bid

If I hear news that the Broncos are considering Sandow, officially, then I will concede that the club is in trouble. It would represent everything that the Broncos have worked hard to avoid, namely knee-jerk reactions, paying overs for limited quality, and most importantly, rewarding players who have ability but are not willing to do the hard work, the percentage plays, the things that win games but don't win accolades.

If I hear news that the Broncos are considering Sandow, officially, then I will concede that the club is in trouble. It would represent everything that the Broncos have worked hard to avoid, namely knee-jerk reactions, paying overs for limited quality, and most importantly, rewarding players who have ability but are not willing to do the hard work, the percentage plays, the things that win games but don't win accolades.

I think I agree with you Morks ........or at least I agree that Sandow isn't what we need.

God have we slipped that low on the rung, that Sandow is seriously being considered??

FMD !!!!

Whilst I am not at all against Sandow, if we are indeed after it, it makes me wonder why we only seem to have the willingness to go after rejects and leftovers. Stagg, Prince, Dugan (albeit a super talented reject) and now Sandow. Yet god forbid we went after a player like Tomkins. Really don't understand what it is we are trying to achieve sometimes.

Whilst I am not at all against Sandow, if we are indeed after it, it makes me wonder why we only seem to have the willingness to go after rejects and leftovers. Stagg, Prince, Dugan (albeit a super talented reject) and now Sandow. Yet god forbid we went after a player like Tomkins. Really don't understand what it is we are trying to achieve sometimes.

I honestly think we have lost the plot. I have no faith in us signing anyone or improving our roster. I can see no evidence that anything will change. The sad facts of the matter are that we are 11th on the ladder with no sign of matching it with the teams above us. It is quite possible that we will finish in the bottom 4 this year, or at least the bottom 8. Add to that the fact that every single other team is improving their roster yet we are changing nothing except losing a fullback (although I dont like him) how can we possibly improve?

**** me if we sign Sandow we will officially be Parra V2, short of wooden spoons.

He just isn't that good, yeah he's flashy in attack but inconsistent as ****, seems more interested in putting on big shots and looking like a hard ****, and can't organize a backline to save himself (how often do you see him go missing and he's supposed to be the organizer?).

On the other hand, it would be pretty amusing from a personal perspective, discounting everyone else as too expensive or not worth the money and then signing Sandow.

**** me if we sign Sandow we will officially be Parra V2, short of wooden spoons.

He just isn't that good, yeah he's flashy in attack but inconsistent as ****, seems more interested in putting on big shots and looking like a hard ****, and can't organize a backline to save himself (how often do you see him go missing and he's supposed to be the organizer?).

On the other hand, it would be pretty amusing from a personal perspective, discounting everyone else as too expensive or not worth the money and then signing Sandow.

If we were to sign him he wouldnt be an organiser. Just because two clubs are fucked enough to think he has organisation skills doesnt mean all of them have to

I see Sandow in a similar light to Benji - overrated pieces of crap. They play well and may display brilliant skills in about 5 matches a year, but play absolutely rubbish and crap for the other 20 games each year. This is be a huge backwards step for the broncos if it eventuates. I am absolutely gob-smacked, I really hope Wallace stays.

Looks like Sandow has been dropped this weekend.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Lurker
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Broncorob
  • Fatboy
  • Harry Sack
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • Manlyman
  • Morkel
  • BroncoFan94
  • Santa
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • The Don
  • Johnny92
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.