Cobbo: “I think he’s a nice guy but not a good coach”

How long does Kebbie have to prove he's more than just a good friend?

• It's over now

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • The trials

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • First 6 weeks

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • Week 13

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • When it's clear we're not making the finals

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • His contract review

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • As long as he needs to rebuild the club

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
deny the release ... force him to see out every day of his contract in the reserve grade.
I’d love to take that approach as well, but guys like this are a cancer.

Best to cut them out before they have increased effect

The concerning thing is I’m not convinced there’s any malice in what he’s saying, I think he’s just genuinely a moron.
No-one can be that dumb. Unless you tell me he can’t tie his own shoes I will not believe this is not malicious.

Very emotional takes in here. He’s a dumb young kid who has said something that while probably truthful to an extent shouldn’t be said public.

Doesn’t need to be sacked. Wisened up a bit.
He isn’t that dumb and if he didn’t mean it he would have asked them to edit it out or not release it, it wasn’t live FFS.

I’d love to take that approach as well, but guys like this are a cancer.

Best to cut them out before they have increased effect

then the alternatives I would consider would be:

grant a release to a Super League club ONLY

or

we get to pick the club he plays for (my suggestions would only allow the Knights, the Tigers or the Warriors)

Very emotional takes in here. He’s a dumb young kid who has said something that while probably truthful to an extent shouldn’t be said public.

'Dumb young kid' was the exact wording I was going to use until I saw your post.

He clearly hasn't thought through what he is saying and the potential repercussions from it.

He's about to get a swift lesson.

I know the obvious option to replace him while he will have a club suspension is Pereira and maybe it should be him because at least he’s articulate, might be an opportunity to develop Mariner.

I think part of the problem will be that Kev’s an emotional guy too who’ll take this stuff to heart - there’s no way he can trust Cobbo again or possibly even want him around. And I don’t blame him, while sport is a ‘business’, it is still a very emotional business because there’s so much subjectivity and ego involved.

No amount of platitudes and apologies will make up for one of your players saying publicly ‘I don’t think he’s a good coach’

Let Redcliffe have him, I'd rather Fifita for the same money. At least he's not stupid enough to go on the record bagging his boss.

The thing about it is that he didn’t even try to clarify l, so no awareness whatsoever and then doubles down on his comments. Man this sucks.

Cobbo has huge talent but is a dickhead, his attitude stinks. Not the first dumb thing he has done. Driving offences, late for training. We should show him the door or at the very least drop him to reserve grade.
He is correct about KW not being a good coach and you only have to watch his press conferences to see he is a poor communicator. If what Cobbo is saying reflects the opinions of the playing group in general, then we are in deep shit. Still a lot of clearing out to be done

I think part of the problem will be that Kev’s an emotional guy too who’ll take this stuff to heart - there’s no way he can trust Cobbo again or possibly even want him around. And I don’t blame him, while sport is a ‘business’, it is still a very emotional business because there’s so much subjectivity and ego involved.

No amount of platitudes and apologies will make up for one of your players saying publicly ‘I don’t think he’s a good coach’

Agree with all of this really, but Kevvie will also need to have an honest look at himself and ask why a player feels this way. Seems he is not the only one as well.

I still think it’s not the end of the world. It’s yet more unnecessary bullshit the club doesn’t need though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • winslow_wong
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.