Cobbo: “I think he’s a nice guy but not a good coach”

How long does Kebbie have to prove he's more than just a good friend?

• It's over now

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • The trials

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • First 6 weeks

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • Week 13

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • When it's clear we're not making the finals

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • His contract review

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • As long as he needs to rebuild the club

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can tell from all of the interviews Cobbo has done that he's not the smartest bloke.

Probably not the best thing for him to say.

Note to Broncos management:

Don’t sign kids who say they want to play for us. They see us for what we are:

A springboard to a bigger pay cheque

To be fair, he gave up a lot of money to stay with us.

Between skipping through the fat kiwi bloke picking his nose, faking knowing about the nrl, & Cobbo saying “yeah” a billion times, it was excruciating!

Cobbo is still a very naive kid, but what he said about Kevvie is just disrespectful, you can think it but you don’t say it, particularly about your boss & particularly on a public forum!

However, it’s now the second time a player has said it in the same year! I don’t know what they do in their bullshit end of year reviews, but either they are ignoring the player feedback, or the feedback they are getting is not honest. Similar things have been said by origin players when he was coaching qld as well. I don’t understand how a club with the size & stature of the broncos can just accept such mediocrity in the most important position in the organisation?

The stuff about cliques happens whenever teams start losing, there’s a lesson there for the coaching staff, but I’m not overly worried about it.

I assume a lot of people will now jump on my bandwagon that Cobbo is extremely over-rated.

He made it sound like he stayed because starting at a new club would be too hard…
He’s a shy kid with ironically the same verbal diarrhoea as the coach he doesn’t rate, a lot of what he said was just to say something other than “yeah”.

One Two & Three.....

One. The KID needs support.

Two. The club needs to drop him.

Three. The KID needs support.

What the heck? This is getting ridiculous (especially, the last 2-3weeks) even before the season starts and by the looks of it, these guys would give plenty of ammunition to the media circus ahead.
Can these guys pull their fuckin head in, do what’s told and keep their mouth shut? My goodness! How can he even say what he said especially when the club & coach stood by him from the get go?

What the heck do these entitled brats think of themselves by putting club’s name on the wrong side? The club is the one that brought these egoists to where they’re now and they’ve not achieved anything yet to payback the club. Instead, either doing/talking silly shit, getting caught in the act and in the process dragging the clubs reputation down. What’re they even thinking?

No dickhead is bigger than the club. PERIOD.

There are probably a whole bunch of others players who are thinking the same thing, and many of the Broncos fans too. Its true you can't say negative things about your boss, even if it is probably correct. Disagree about just kicking him out, there is a lot the club has to fix to be competitive again, and releasing talented players isn't going to help them get there any time soon.

Kevvie lost the playing group?

Did he ever ‘have’ the playing group?

He can barely form a coherent sentence. No wonder they don’t think he is a good coach, they can’t understand a word he says…

I had to manage a traffic crash once at Sunnybank, right in the middle of Mains Road and McCullough Street for those who know the area. Only two cars caused absolute traffic chaos and both vehicles were driven by Chinese / Taiwanese drivers and my partner was Cambodian. He didn’t speak Chinese, they didn’t speak Cambodian and I had to end up translating his broken english and their broken english so some sort of communication could be held…

It was chaotic and ridiculous. I suspect that is what Kevvie’s “coaching” looks like.

I am just furious about all this. What has happened to the year end reviews & what actions were being implemented by DD to change what transpired last season?

Are the reviews just for the sake of reviews & to misguide fans that actions are being taken?

It may not be every player’s opinion but clearly the playing group are at odds & they’re clearly not a “group”. If an outsider in me can pick these from the fuckups by the boneheads, the club must see lot clearer and should’ve addressed already.

I don’t know where to start with Kev. I don’t think he’s being smart in choosing his support staff. Kearney should’ve been brought in but………

Going by the fuckups thus far, I painfully regret to say that this year may not be better than last.

Kev have until R10(Magic Round). By the that time if we don’t have our team performing with more W’s, all the fuss will be on who will be our next head coach than Magic Round itself.

So kevie appears to be struggling to connect with the players, and his tactical coaching does not appear to be great. If he were to be replaced (which another disappointing year would likely see), what coach is a viable option and an improvement on the current situation?

Kev's into his 3rd offseason with this team, if the young blood are admitting this stuff (stupidly) publicly then this should be setting off massive alarm bells for the senior management.

Cobbo deserves a clip around the ears for sure, but Kev's gotta go if there's any substance to this and multiple players feel this way. Kev's been critised as a coach before and it was a surprise to many that the broncos caved to the old boys when they picked him in the first place as he hadn't done enough to justify the post in his past coaching gigs.

People in here saying to sack cobbo, get a grip guys. Footy players are generally only at this level due to their physical abilities, the stuff between the ears is more 'nice to have'. Rugby players and saying dumb shit go hand in hand and has done for as long as I can remember which is before the broncos were ever around.

He probably was giving the phins a decent look, given the shitshow at the broncos with the dud head coach and it's hard to blame him if there are serious problems at the club.

Kev has had his picks of coaching assistants pulled away from him because the head office knows there's problems there. They are trying to surround him in help to get the job done - but the writing has been on the wall for a while. Kev was recruited in Sept 2020, results need to start now or he can **** right off.

Pretty incredible that a somewhat uneventful off season for the club turned into this shitshow within a few weeks.

- Haas Mother kills three people and is looking at 15+ years in prison, he goes on personal leave and is definitely going to be mentally shot all season

- Walsh and Fifita have a minor blue in public and the media of course turn it into a CRISIS story

-And now Cobbo is shit talking the coaches abilities in public and saying he thought about leaving.

The management of the club isn't the problem, it's the fuckwits we sign to play for it. Once again the recruitment side of the club is poisoning the entire organization for choosing talent over character rather than finding a balance.
Most of the kids coming into the nrl, and Zoomers in general, are fuckwits. Other clubs are just blessed to have coaches and/ or veteran players who are able to keep their fuckwittwery to a low enough level so that are able to function as an organisation and win games of football.

So kevie appears to be struggling to connect with the players, and his tactical coaching does not appear to be great. If he were to be replaced (which another disappointing year would likely see), what coach is a viable option and an improvement on the current situation?

Now that Flanagan is assistant to fuckwit over at Manly, the pond is suddenly looking very shallow. This suggestion is more out of scraping the barrel than anything, but I wonder if Hodgeo has any interest in coaching.

Now that Flanagan is assistant to fuckwit over at Manly, the pond is suddenly looking very shallow. This suggestion is more out of scraping the barrel than anything, but I wonder if Hodgeo has any interest in coaching.

If the club have to sack Kev ... theres two things i'm pretty sure the club will stay away from in their next coach:

A) another rookie coach (at NRL level)
B) another club legend

If the club have to sack Kev ... theres two things i'm pretty sure the club will stay away from in their next coach:

A) another rookie coach (at NRL level)
B) another club legend

Now that Green has sadly passed and Flanagan is off the market, the pool of experienced NRL coaches is dire. Who are we supposed to settle on? Kearney? I'm sure that would go over well.

We may have no choice but to settle on another rookie, unless we can find someone decent from Super League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.