OFFICIAL Cobbo Extends With Broncos Until 2025

He is either on something illegal, they are lying or the journo made an error with the information given.

Hopefully he is on something illegal so we can punt him. Honestly Cobbo is exactly stupid enough to be taking something illegal and get caught for it by putting his impossible gains in the paper.
Maybe his bench has gone from 105 to 1 75, as in 1 rep of 75kg lol.

Lol no way Cobbo benches 170. Increasing a bench press by 65kg in one year is sus as
not really it's definitely possible, i went from 95 to 135 within a 6 week period , it would be a max rep so it's not like he would push out 6-8 @170.
even if it's more like 150 the kid is getting scary strong

not really it's definitely possible, i went from 95 to 135 within a 6 week period , it would be a max rep so it's not like he would push out 6-8 @170.
even if it's more like 150 the kid is getting scary strong
135 and 170 are very different numbers, as is 40kg increase and 65kg increase.

A 170kg bench at his weight would put him above 90% of all TRAINED men. That is almost an elite bench press number.

It would put Selwyn just 5kg short of the previous Brisbane bronco bench record held by Brad Thorne: 175kg

I’m not sure who has the current record but it will no doubt be Selwyn in about 3 years if this number is to be believed.

170 would put him above most of the league. Which when you consider he is only 20 years old you realise how silly this claim is

He is either on something illegal, they are lying or the journo made an error with the information given.

Hopefully he is on something illegal so we can punt him. Honestly Cobbo is exactly stupid enough to be taking something illegal and get caught for it by putting his impossible gains in the paper.
I got to this bit; "Hopefully he is on something illegal so we can....."

And kept going in my head ".....give it to everyone else" LOL

135 and 170 are very different numbers, as is 40kg increase and 65kg increase.

A 170kg bench at his weight would put him above 90% of all TRAINED men. That is almost an elite bench press number.

It would put Selwyn just 5kg short of the previous Brisbane bronco bench record held by Brad Thorne: 175kg

I’m not sure who has the current record but it will no doubt be Selwyn in about 3 years if this number is to be believed.

170 would put him above most of the league. Which when you consider he is only 20 years old you realise how silly this claim is
like i said it could be exaggerated but either way he's pushing decent numbers and getting strong .
stop looking at the negative side and look at the positive.
it's the media everything is exaggerated.

Wonder if he using the smith machine whole different world when you dont have to use stabilizers.

like i said it could be exaggerated but either way he's pushing decent numbers and getting strong .
stop looking at the negative side and look at the positive.
it's the media everything is exaggerated.
Why do you think saying the truth is being negative. There’s nothing negative in what I said. It is just, very likely, the truth.

Cobbo didn’t improve his bench of 1x body weight to 1.7 x body weight in a few months.

What is negative about this?

Why do you think saying the truth is being negative. There’s nothing negative in what I said. It is just, very likely, the truth.

Cobbo didn’t improve his bench of 1x body weight to 1.7 x body weight in a few months.

What is negative about this?
id assumed it was from this time last year im only guessing but is that when all there testing is done?

Those numbers don't sound legit to me. That would put him in the top tier. Maybe it's pounds.

Tas Bartlett, his manager:

“He’s got over it and just wants to get out and play footy now and repay the club and Kevvie. It was some immaturity on his behalf, but he’s put it to bed and owned it. He wants to get into the season. He wants his best and worst games to be closer together. That comes with maturity and experience. You only get that by playing multiple seasons.​
“He wasn’t really a first grader at the start of last year and by the end of it he had played Origin and for the Prime Minister’s XIII. He had a big year that no-one was really expecting. He has to back that up again in a more consistent manner and be in games more every week.”​
“He’s getting a little bit more mature and it’s his second pre-season. He’s always had a bit of a blank canvas about him. He came down from Cherbourg into the under-20s system which was riddled with Covid and all the gains he made he lost."​
“He came into Kevvie’s side in 2021 with no pre-season under his belt. The second pre-season was always going to be the making of him. He’s still got more upside. When he gets into his third and fourth pre-season we’ll start to see a finished product. He will look like a pretty scary specimen bringing the ball back this year."​
“The next step for any NRL player is to get consistency in their game. He came out of the blocks in the first three months last year and was going unbelievable. Midway through the year he was probably looking for the finish line and needed a break. He’s come back into another pre-season so hopefully his body can go longer into this season.”​
“Long-term fullback is where he wants to play. Right now, he’s happy to be in the team and on the wing. He’s happy to bide his time, but once he’s had a couple of more pre-seasons he’d like to have a crack at fullback. The All Stars coach, Ron Griffiths, has indicated he might get a bit of a run at fullback which would be interesting to see."​
“He did well last year there when Kevvie put him at the back following an injury. You could see what he could bring once he becomes a permanent fullback in the next few years. He’ll get there at some stage, it will just be about when’s the right time.”​

If every club used your metric for punting players, no team would have more than about 3 players left.

At a 2004 season launch event, then Australian captain Darren Lockyer delivered the Bulldogs Johnny Raper doozy. I expect you wanted him punted from the club after that too?

Definitely an unbiased opinion that.

I too think Cobbs could make a gun fullback eventually and attacking wise he was ok when he filled in there last year but defensively, he was awful.

And also, manager bloke knows that is where the money is because I’m pretty sure Selwyn said he wants to be a centre, thought it’s hard to know as he isn’t very coherent.

Those numbers don't sound legit to me. That would put him in the top tier. Maybe it's pounds.

Tas Bartlett, his manager:

“He’s got over it and just wants to get out and play footy now and repay the club and Kevvie. It was some immaturity on his behalf, but he’s put it to bed and owned it. He wants to get into the season. He wants his best and worst games to be closer together. That comes with maturity and experience. You only get that by playing multiple seasons.​
“He wasn’t really a first grader at the start of last year and by the end of it he had played Origin and for the Prime Minister’s XIII. He had a big year that no-one was really expecting. He has to back that up again in a more consistent manner and be in games more every week.”​
“He’s getting a little bit more mature and it’s his second pre-season. He’s always had a bit of a blank canvas about him. He came down from Cherbourg into the under-20s system which was riddled with Covid and all the gains he made he lost."​
“He came into Kevvie’s side in 2021 with no pre-season under his belt. The second pre-season was always going to be the making of him. He’s still got more upside. When he gets into his third and fourth pre-season we’ll start to see a finished product. He will look like a pretty scary specimen bringing the ball back this year."​
“The next step for any NRL player is to get consistency in their game. He came out of the blocks in the first three months last year and was going unbelievable. Midway through the year he was probably looking for the finish line and needed a break. He’s come back into another pre-season so hopefully his body can go longer into this season.”​
“Long-term fullback is where he wants to play. Right now, he’s happy to be in the team and on the wing. He’s happy to bide his time, but once he’s had a couple of more pre-seasons he’d like to have a crack at fullback. The All Stars coach, Ron Griffiths, has indicated he might get a bit of a run at fullback which would be interesting to see."​
“He did well last year there when Kevvie put him at the back following an injury. You could see what he could bring once he becomes a permanent fullback in the next few years. He’ll get there at some stage, it will just be about when’s the right time.”​
It would be really cool if in a few years the spine was:

9. Mozer
7. Mam
6. Walsh
1. Cobbo

Not that footy ever works out like that but that would be a great spine if they all reach their potential and 3 indigenous boys tearing it up would be hectic

If every club used your metric for punting players, no team would have more than about 3 players left.

At a 2004 season launch event, then Australian captain Darren Lockyer delivered the Bulldogs Johnny Raper doozy. I expect you wanted him punted from the club after that too?
If Cobbo wanted to make a joke about another team or player I would be all for it and laughing as hard as I did to what Locky said. You can’t honestly be comparing a joke made about another team/player to Cobbo going on a podcast and having a dig at the coach and saying he quit on his teammates.

or the journo made an error with the information given.
Or pranked.

But it's worse than that: it shows that Travis Meyn doesn't have a clue about this subject.

If he did, if he even had the grasp of it that everyone in here does, he would've realized he could've milked this into a much more newsworthy piece. He would've fucked off the trite interview with the agent and gone to his weights trainer to find out how he made those gains so quickly and what kind of results he's got with everyone else. The story would be about the new training regime, and not just Cobbo.

This, if true, is a remarkable story. But none of us believe it.

Instead he just swallowed the claim prima facie and didn't bother to fact check it, attribute it to anyone or acknowledge it would propel him into the strongest tier of league players.

Every bloke reading this wants to know what he's on and where can we get it.

Meyn's a moron, regardless of whether this is true.

For now .. do we all agree that Cobbo looks to be bigger, stronger and better than Latrell? lol

Selwyn

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.