Cocaine Scandal

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Agree with most of what you said and did particularly with your first line

however, with more names coming out and the suggestions that they were all getting it from a chain of supply that was somewhat organised, it starts to resonate more towards being a syndicate rather than a group of mates. Someone is making money in amongst all this stuff. It's not just a bunch of innocent blokes looking to have a good time anymore.....
Haha, nice... :wink:

Well, by the looks of it, this is all linked to Gold Coast partying, which would indicate they were probably getting it from the same source. And for sure, some people are making loads of money out of this, and if any of the players involved are, then by all means, do throw the book at them!

I'm talking about these guys getting cocaine for personal use and letting mates use it as well, as opposed to making profit out of it.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Agree with most of what you said and did particularly with your first line

however, with more names coming out and the suggestions that they were all getting it from a chain of supply that was somewhat organised, it starts to resonate more towards being a syndicate rather than a group of mates. Someone is making money in amongst all this stuff. It's not just a bunch of innocent blokes looking to have a good time anymore.....

That makes me think then that the players are going to be used as pawns. No one has more to lose than someone in the public eye who makes a lot of money and has limited time to do it. Lean heavily on them and regardless of what threats the crims make, one of them will likely crack and sing like a bird.

Which I think is great. Players, all players, get the shit scared out of them, and the organised criminals, the scum that make a LOT of money out of other people's misery, get ratted out.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Personally I think it will be pretty weak of the NRL if they do take action against any of the players given they immortalised an admitted drug taker. Unless they strip this immortal of his status they don't really have a leg to stand on IMO.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Those players threatening to sue are kidding themselves. Selfish fickheads.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Lawyer tactics. Just pushing back a bit. I'm assuming that it's commonly accepted that merely "possessing" is not severe enough to warrant an NRL ban? Because they all seem to be fighting Trafficking, but no mention of fighting possessing the stuff.

MaroubraBroncos

MaroubraBroncos

QCup Player
Oct 15, 2013
Me thinks this isn't as big as it seems (media wise anyway). I doubt any of the league players involved are actually full time dealers making a good earn of this! Id say their names have been caught in the crossfire from a few big nights out on the town.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Me thinks this isn't as big as it seems (media wise anyway). I doubt any of the league players involved are actually full time dealers making a good earn of this! Id say their names have been caught in the crossfire from a few big nights out on the town.

That's what's making me think that the players are being frightened in to giving up the food chain. Making it public puts pressure on the clubs and NRL to act, which in turn puts the players careers in more jeapordy and they're more likely to give up info to save themselves.

Didn't work for ASADA but I bet players will be more willing to cop a recreational drugs charge than be labelled a drug cheat.

Last edited:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
NRL is taking over ownership of the Titans apparently.

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Sport is a microcosm of society. Young men in their 20's take drugs. The outrage from people is kind of silly IMO, I understand why, but please; anyone who is shocked lives in a fantasy land.

Should they have done it? No. It's risky to do.
Are they likely the only NRL players who take recreational drugs? Probably not.

Like it's been mentioned, the CCC is just going for the low hanging fruit I reckon. Plenty of bigger people they can't catch so they're gonna go after big names.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Goddamn it. I really don't know how to embed tweets.

Press conference at 1:30pm about the Titans license situation according to Todd Balym.

Last edited:

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Personally I think it will be pretty weak of the NRL if they do take action against any of the players given they immortalised an admitted drug taker. Unless they strip this immortal of his status they don't really have a leg to stand on IMO.

RLW own the Immortals they decide who is admitted. The NRL have nothing to do with it.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I agree with who said this is hardly surprising. I'd be more surprised if there was a club which didn't have any of it's players take some kind of recreational drugs. A huge number of people try recreational drugs in their 20s/30s. I just don't think it's that big a deal (but I admit I'm pretty smalltime, I've only smoked weed). Like I said before, I believe physical abuse is far, far worse.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Physical abuse is far, far worse but that is irrelevant here as the NRL handling of EVERYTHING before now has been weak and arguably a contributing factor to why so much stupidity goes on. Here is a good opportunity to finall draw a line in the sand and say enough is enough and come down hard on these losers for once.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Not really sure how players can get done for "possession" unless they got caught with the drugs on them physically? You can admit to a police officer that you took cocaine 5 minutes earlier and as long as you don't have any on you they can't do anything.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Not really sure how players can get done for "possession" unless they got caught with the drugs on them physically? You can admit to a police officer that you took cocaine 5 minutes earlier and as long as you don't have any on you they can't do anything.

If they have proof, you can get done for possession after the fact.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • whykickamoocow
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncos4life
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bucking Beads
  • sooticus
  • DMZ
  • Wolfie
  • mrslong
  • Rambstien
  • Mister Wright
  • Painin the Haas
  • Xzei
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.